Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:59 am
popskull wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:26 am I went to the site a downloaded the latest versions of the plugins, catalina versions. No installers, so a pain to drop the files here and there. then when using the plugins its the cute characters interface. No options. No preset browser as well. I couldn't be bothered reverting back to previous versions. Seems like they are not really into the plugins anymore. I could be wrong
I imagine them sitting around with a huge bong, doodling those street-art style characters and snickering. Every now and then, one of them says, “should we work on Infiiiiiiiiiinnnnnity?” Then they bust out laughing and when they finally stop, they turn on an XBOX.
You've nailed it. That's exactly their process. Fits with the evidence. But before the XBOX, they send out some bogus promises :lol:

popskull wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:26 am I went to the site a downloaded the latest versions of the plugins, catalina versions. No installers, so a pain to drop the files here and there. then when using the plugins its the cute characters interface. No options. No preset browser as well. I couldn't be bothered reverting back to previous versions. Seems like they are not really into the plugins anymore. I could be wrong
I imagine them sitting around with a huge bong, doodling those street-art style characters and snickering. Every now and then, one of them says, “should we work on Infiiiiiiiiiinnnnnity?” Then they bust out laughing and when they finally stop, they turn on an XBOX.
I really don’t think they’re that organized...

What version?
I got the 0.6 windows version.
Nice clean interface, there are only 2 small unobtrusive character faces in the middle of the GUI.
It has a very nice preset browser.

To get the current windows version I copied the link, removed everything from the link after the file name suffix and changed the number 4 in the file name to 6.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I do think anyone that laments FXpansion Bloom no longer being developed might gel with this plugin.

I hope they'll offer a permanent and sensible upgrade option for Ohmboyz owners. I didn't buy it yet cause, to be honest, it felt like a con. This current "release" doesn't exactly inspire confidence, either.
I did think of it as a Bloom successor, funny you should mention that!

ariston wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:07 am I did think of it as a Bloom successor, funny you should mention that!
The built in effects and modulation system is the commonality for me.
And of course the minimalist white GUI.

I havent dug into Infinity yet but it appears deeper with access to the individual taps and their associated parameters...including effects, not just on the master delay views

New website, but still no demo available. Some useres reported that Infinity is crashing Cubase. I will not upgrade until there is a working demo :uhuhuh:

do you know if they are looking for staff?

asking for a friend ...

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm
do you know if they are looking for staff?

asking for a friend ...
:lol: I reckon you'd do a better job vurt. I bet you'd be able to get the damn thing out, at least!

Well, they fixed my download version... but when I put my name and key code in it tells me "wrong credentials."
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 pm Well, they fixed my download version... but when I put my name and key code in it tells me "wrong credentials."
Did you double check you reg details?
I managed to misspell my own surname when I bought it, all my other Ohms use the correct spelling

Ooh, just checked my download and its now 0.7 :)

I miss the preset morphing :(

Does not show up in Logic and the GUI takes forever to load in Reason. :/

fceramic wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:49 am Does not show up in Logic and the GUI takes forever to load in Reason. :/
What version?
I found with version .7 both the GUI and presets load much faster compared with .6
But this is on Windows

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:04 am
fceramic wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:49 am Does not show up in Logic and the GUI takes forever to load in Reason. :/
What version?
I found with version .7 both the GUI and presets load much faster compared with .6
But this is on Windows
Version 7 is a lot better in Reason. Still does not show in Logic, not even registered by the AU manager. I restarted, reinstalled, nothing works.
Update: Got it to show up after deleting the cache. The AU version has apparently not been updated to .7 so it's not supported in the latest version of Logic.

Return to “Effects”