Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:16 pm When I go to look at Amplitube SE, and click the gear page, it shows basically of the amps from all collections. Says 99$ up in the corner. That can't be true. What kind of trickery is this?
None, Go half-way down this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=info to "Choose the version ..." for links to the gear PDFs for each edition and a comparison PDF.
Last edited by DarkStar on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 pm AmpliTube 5 has an all new audio engine. It almost certainly is a completely new software framework from AmpliTube 3/4, from a development standpoint. It also looks like this new framework has new DSP that models interaction between the poweramp and cab, with "impedance matching" which I think is part of the across the board gain stage optimization that was applied to every model when they ported them to the new framework. The cabs and power amp also appear to be all new modeling and impulses, as they had to be rebuilt from the ground up in order to integrate them. This seems like it's what the "giant leap forward" for AmpliTube 5 is all about. All of the models, no matter how old they are, will benefit equally from this.

So I think we are going to see vast improvements to the sound quality of the legacy models. I expect they will be tighter , louder, more present, and more dynamic. But the mathematical curves that define the preamp and EQ sections will be the same, just scaled to gain, if that makes sense.
If that is the case, then an AT4 preset would not have the same effect in AT4 and AT5. So you would need to hang on to AT4 for your existing projects.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:03 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:16 pm When I go to look at Amplitube SE, and click the gear page, it shows basically of the amps from all collections. Says 99$ up in the corner. That can't be true. What kind of trickery is this?
None, Go hallway down this page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=info to "Choose the version ..." for links to the gear PDFs for each edition and a comparison PDF.
Thank you. The one thing I am still trying to figure out is what rack effects have been added that I do not have with MAX 4? I'm assuming that if I only download and use the custom shop free version, I would not get any new rack effects. So I'm trying to see what versions are the rack effects from T-racks included with. Does SE get them all? Some?

Either way, I'm actually really excited for this upgrade, even if it's just the interface and built-in improvements to existing amps and if all my gear stays the same, that's fine. Actually it's more than resizab;e GUI, it is a very new workflow that looks really good. I think it's unfair to say it's only a new GUI. So it seems like for free I'll get the improved GUI/routing/functionality and built-in sound enhancements right? That's actually pretty amazing. It is definitely crazy that there is no upgrade path, but I don't need all that stuff anyways. I'm just trying to figure what I would not get with the free CS version and my existing MAX stuff. Are the cabs still improved, or are these only new cabs when you buy 5?
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For the ppl who are having trouble understanding the upgrade model for IK, I'll break it down:

If you're coming from A4MAX you have different options, not just 1. All the versions will include new versions of the gear you already own

A5CS: Free, all your gear is everything you own already, none of the new gear, maybe the ir loading, but includes routing & new enhancements

A5SE: $100, all of the gear you own, none of the new gear, routing & new enhancements

A5: $150, includes all of your gear, plus the new stuff for A5 (probably what most ppl with A4MAX will choose).

A5MAX: $300, everything up until now that IK has made for Amplitube (all the extra artists collections), all new stuff as well

So you have 4 ways of updating. Which you choose depends on what you want. I'm unsure if all of the versions of A5 include the new IR loader. And don't forget you can also use jampoints as well which can reduce up to 30% of the cost of what you choose.

I just got the Total Studio 2 Max, so I really don't need all the new stuff. My interest is mostly the rack fx from Mixbox, the enhanced versions of the current collections & the IR loading, so Im considering the regular A5 upgrade, but I can always wait a year or so for them to iron out the bugs.
Last edited by Saukar30 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I still don't get it, maybe because English is not my language. I have Amplitube 4 MAX plus a few extra collections and I'm only interested on the new VIR cabs.

If I buy AT5 SE will I get the 13 cabs included in SE with VIR technology and the rest will remain the same cabs on AT4, with the old technology, or will I get the VIR technology for ALL of the cabs that I already have?

What about AT5 CS? If I get the CS version will I receive the 6 cabs included in CS versión with VIR technology and the rest of my cabs will remain the same AT4 cabs, with the old technology, or will I get the VIR technology on ALL the cabs that I already have, using the option "restore my gear"?

With SE you will DEFINITELY get the VIR technology with all the gear you already have.

With CS, probably...they're being a bit coy about that IMO. Probably figure folks won't upgrade if they're getting all the benefits of their prior AT gear running in AT5 CS. So they may have crippled CS in some way. It's their usual way of doing things. Release the free version but cripple it in some way...wait a few years...then add the features to the free version. That's what they did with Amplitube 4 and the Cab Room, and what they did with T-Racks5 and the resizable GUI's.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:23 am With SE you will DEFINITELY get the VIR technology with all the gear you already have.

With CS, probably...they're being a bit coy about that IMO. Probably figure folks won't upgrade if they're getting all the benefits of their prior AT gear running in AT5 CS. So they may have crippled CS in some way. It's their usual way of doing things. Release the free version but cripple it in some way...wait a few years...then add the features to the free version. That's what they did with Amplitube 4 and the Cab Room, and what they did with T-Racks5 and the resizable GUI's.
If I'm right about AmpliTube 5 being a completely new framework from the ground up (and I'm quite sure I am) then the obsolete AmpliTube 4 power amp and cab modules are not going to be in it, period. Also the AmpliTube 5 webpage and videos make it pretty clear everything gets the updated modeling.

Maybe Ryan_IK can drop in and clarify, as he seems better suited at that.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

bmanic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:13 pm Not convinced at all by the audio examples found in the Audio tab of the webpage. I don't know what it's about the IK multimedia sound when it comes to guitar simulation but I just don't jive with it at all. All of the examples, while different and encompassing the "macro" character of whatever it is they are showcasing, it still sounds hollow and slightly "weak" somehow.

I just don't get it.. meaning I'm questioning my own sanity/brain here as much as I'm questioning IK Multimedia's ability to get amp modelling done well.

Sigh..
Very similar to my experience, yes. I hear harshness and skinny qualities from the demos. This thread tho is mostly complaints of pricing and so few comments of the sound ???

Zookes wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 am
bmanic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:13 pm Not convinced at all by the audio examples found in the Audio tab of the webpage. I don't know what it's about the IK multimedia sound when it comes to guitar simulation but I just don't jive with it at all. All of the examples, while different and encompassing the "macro" character of whatever it is they are showcasing, it still sounds hollow and slightly "weak" somehow.

I just don't get it.. meaning I'm questioning my own sanity/brain here as much as I'm questioning IK Multimedia's ability to get amp modelling done well.

Sigh..
Very similar to my experience, yes. I hear harshness and skinny qualities from the demos. This thread tho is mostly complaints of pricing and so few comments of the sound ???
I mean, I'm not listening to the demos. Guitar sounds are super personal. I'll check it out for myself when it's out. So not much else to talk about.

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 pm AmpliTube 5 has an all new audio engine. It almost certainly is a completely new software framework from AmpliTube 3/4, from a development standpoint. It also looks like this new framework has new DSP that models interaction between the poweramp and cab, with "impedance matching" which I think is part of the across the board gain stage optimization that was applied to every model when they ported them to the new framework. The cabs and power amp also appear to be all new modeling and impulses, as they had to be rebuilt from the ground up in order to integrate them. This seems like it's what the "giant leap forward" for AmpliTube 5 is all about. All of the models, no matter how old they are, will benefit equally from this.
If it's a new audio engine,then its great. We'll have to try to demo to see if it sounds better. But just curious what or where did you see in the marketing indicating it's a new audio engine and changes to gain optimizatoin? The only thing I have seen is the VIR blurb and the redone cabs. I am interpreting the new improvements from this page. 3/4 of the way down under new gear.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... /#whatsnew

I agree about the GUI framework. Yeah, its a redesigned GUI for sure. The IR import is also new. And the mixer section too.
So I think we are going to see vast improvements to the sound quality of the legacy models. I expect they will be tighter , louder, more present, and more dynamic. But the mathematical curves that define the preamp and EQ sections will be the same, just scaled to gain, if that makes sense.
Will wait to see what it sounds like then.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:23 am With SE you will DEFINITELY get the VIR technology with all the gear you already have.

^^ This is what I suspect. They are hiding something. I suspect re-sizable GUI will only be in SE and above. Personally, I have all the stuff I AT 4 I need. I dont need any more FX or collections. The re-sizable GUI and the new user patch sorting is what I would like from AT 5. The sound is yet to be determined whether it's a major or slight improvement.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Peter had stated in a post look at pricing like you have all the stuff already plus the new 5 stuff. So if you don't own some stuff it's higher upgrade pricing

jinotsuh wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:23 am
lunardigs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:00 am Has anyone here tried the Audio Assault stuff?
I had GR4, but when I moved to Linux I said goodbye.
I'm feeling pretty good now though that I've got some AA amps. They sound really good to me. The latest thing they created is called ReAmp Studio and it's somewhat comparable to Amplitube and GR.
Any opinions?
I've tried a couple over time, and well for me no, just no, I don't bother with them anymore. I like to try/buy everything I come across and keep the wheat and toss the chaff, all my opinion of course.

Linux, that's the problem (well 1 of many) with Linux, most of the time it is Linux that dictates to you what you can and can't use. Come from Windows where you can practically use whatever plugins, software, hardware you want, then go to Linux and it's, ah sorry, that wont run under Linux, or it's got to run under some other secondary program, thus loosing performance, and generally not running properly, with various features of the plug not available etc, or you get thrown a few scraps of seriously inferior replacements.

I've been there done that, I understand the lure of things like Linux, the feeling of being a part of something, sticking it to the man etc, but the fact is you are just making things harder for yourself, limiting yourself. Linux is never going to get there, never going to get anywhere.

The cake is a lie!!!
Hah! ... You're a true artist. :clap:

You're welcome :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

telecode wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:24 am If it's a new audio engine,then its great. We'll have to try to demo to see if it sounds better. But just curious what or where did you see in the marketing indicating it's a new audio engine and changes to gain optimizatoin?

35 seconds into the video: "STELLAR NEW SOUND ENGINE"

https://youtu.be/NZoEFakbH2w?t=35

From AmpliTube 5 > Info > What's new:

Remastered classic gear

AmpliTube 5 also revisits all the original AmpliTube legacy gear, adding not only a fresh new look, but optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp - speaker interaction to maximize their realism and feel.

Finally, from AmpliTube 5 > Specs:

• Fully redesigned power amps section with new impedance matching

• Universal upgrade is available to anyone and any previous version of AmpliTube — Restore gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop

Y'all can calm down now.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”