Sinevibes Albedo - Granular Cloud Reverb (OS X)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simple but quite effective grain cloud generator. Can get pretty dense with high values and feedback.

Some might be interested...

Albedo is a granular cloud reverb. It constantly records incoming audio into a buffer, and at the same time runs up to 64 individual looping playheads – called grains – scattered within this buffer. All grains have their own random size and position, and as they are overlaid together, a lush “cloud of sound” effect is produced.

Thanks to dual envelope generators per grain, playback speed has continuous adjustment with perfectly smooth transitions between forward and reverse directions – enabling live audio manipulation much like on a tape machine or a turntable, including a fully stopped state. With multiple detailed controls, Albedo is capable of a vast variety of other effects, too: from melting pitch shifts and chaotic reversed delays, to chorus atmospheres and dark grimy dissonance. Albedo can also “freeze” its buffer and keep playing the granular cloud indefinitely, allowing you to layer the original input signal on top – and making this plugin a great performance tool.

https://www.sinevibes.com/albedo/

Would be nice if it had some movement - tbh I was expecting the cloud to animate but it doesn't - and without LFOs or any modulation it sounds rather static, although nice and spacey

Oh well at least now I can load it in Bitwig as VST3 so can add some modulation that way. Hope they reissue the plugins I bought from them with the new framework though

Totally agree. It's really nice, love the big clouds you can get but what restraints from buying it is exactly what you have mentioned. A bit too static, but it's almost there. Having a slider to create some randomness in the duration or the delay buffer would really add a organic aesthetic to the whole sound.

Worth suggesting to Sinevibes you think? The guy running it is pretty cool and most of the time receptive.

Neon Breath wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 pm Totally agree. It's really nice, love the big clouds you can get but what restraints from buying it is exactly what you have mentioned. A bit too static, but it's almost there. Having a slider to create some randomness in the duration or the delay buffer would really add a organic aesthetic to the whole sound.

Worth suggesting to Sinevibes you think? The guy running it is pretty cool and most of the time receptive.
Yes I will - I also think it needs some movement spatially as well as in the time domain.

I would definitely second both of you about the spatially + time domain modulation requests.
And yes, dev is listening to requests and usually quite responsive.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:38 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 pm Totally agree. It's really nice, love the big clouds you can get but what restraints from buying it is exactly what you have mentioned. A bit too static, but it's almost there. Having a slider to create some randomness in the duration or the delay buffer would really add a organic aesthetic to the whole sound.

Yes I will - I also think it needs some movement spatially as well as in the time domain.
:tu:

It's doesn't need alot to be near perfect. It does sounds amazing, it just needs that little random movement in those emitted cloud to make it even more interesting and polished, less robotic.

Seems we all agree on that, Hopefully, he will listen :pray:

Is no one going to mention that it is now available as a VST? That's bigger news than the actual plugin.

I did

Rock on aMUSED. I think I'll do the same, nothing to lose .. Hopefully you'll get a response from him. Share if you do.

Back on the plugin, this thing is an instant drone machine with that Freeze function. Man you can create drones with pretty much anything that goes into Albedo... What I like about it so far is its great simplicity and elegance. Clean, super easy and quick results within seconds with pretty much any sound sources. It definitely sits between a granulator and a reverb, which kinda makes it unique for that. (I own alot of granular plugins and I have to admit, this one is pretty unique as an 'hybrid' grain reverb. Even crusher-X which I love can't do these kind of grainy reverb tails) Very interesting plugin for sure.... If only it could be a bit more organic with some random movements in its buffer.

We'll see in the near future if Sinevibes listen and update it, who knows.

*Tip & trick to try: I've assigned a very slow random LFO to the Grain Size parameter, while using frozen audio with the Freeze function. Combined with a long lush reverb right next to Albebo, you can get some pretty cool 'moving' soundscapes out of the frozen buffer. Give that a try :D

I haven't gotten to use it much, just got it. Agree with pretty much everything above...love the sound, wish for some LFOs/Envelopes to modulate the sound a little more.

Sounds really good.

https://www.sinevibes.com/mac/

Huh, they are doing something :o
i need to revisit them soon, can't wait. I always found them interesting but never kinda clicked with them

Cool stuff! :tu:

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:16 pmI did
Any news on that so far?

Still having a blast with the demo here. I think I'll dive and get it, it does sound really cool on many type of sounds.

Yeah they were concerned adding modulation could increase CPU load - I guess that’s true but I’m sure there must be an optimal solution

Ok thanks for the update. I'm no DSP guru but still I'm sure too there's a way to make those clouds move a bit without making CPU explodes. After all, many other granulators do have parameter randomness implemented in their core, it wouldn't be the first one.

Return to “Effects”