Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:29 pm
Saukar30 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:01 pm Imma repost this again, cause it's really not that confusing. Note... I believe the SE version just has a more cabs, amps & fx than the free CS but this upgrade is more for those who currently have A4CS or regular A4 and dont want too much else. If you want just the new amps & fx it would be better to choose A5. This is for ppl who have A4MAX and/or a few of the later collections like the Brian May/Leslie. At the end of the day, IK is just giving you different options. But I agree that there should be a better upgrade price if you have more stuff, but everybody gotta make $. Just wait for a sale
Saukar30 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:55 pm For the ppl who are having trouble understanding the upgrade model for IK, I'll break it down:

If you're coming from A4MAX you have different options, not just 1. All the versions will include new versions of the gear you already own

A5CS: Free, all your gear is everything you own already, none of the new gear, maybe the ir loading, but includes routing & new enhancements

A5SE: $100, all of the gear you own, none of the new gear, but includesrouting & new enhancements (includes a few more amps, cabs, mikes, stomps & fx than the free version)

A5: $150, includes all of your gear, plus the new stuff for A5 (probably what most ppl with A4MAX will choose).

A5MAX: $300, everything up until now that IK has made for Amplitube (all the extra artists collections), all new stuff as well

So you have 4 ways of updating. Which you choose depends on what you want. I'm unsure if all of the versions of A5 include the new IR loader. And don't forget you can also use jampoints as well which can reduce up to 30% of the cost of what you choose.
None of this was helpful because it isn't what people are confused about. However we have our answer now that Amplitube 5 CS has been posted and they have indicated that you require Amplitube 5 SE in order to unlock the gear you already own. Well that's too bad.

So Custom Shop is the platform that is supposed to be used if you want to buy and use specific gear/amps you want right? So what's the difference between someone downloading CS 5 and buying the Fender collection now to use in it, or someone who already owns the Fender collection, who apparently can't use it with CS 5? This makes no sense.
I think you are way over thinking it. I admit I was wrong in what I posted that there are different upgrade choices available. All of them are not going to viable to everyone. Which upgrade path depends on what you want & what you have.

To keep it stupid simple, you have 3 options.. 1. Upgrading to SE just to import your previous collection, 2. Upgrade to regular 5 to import previous & get the new effects, etc. or 3. Upgrade to Max and get the whole shabang. CS is more just so you can see what 5 has to offer.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Has it already been answered whether the price will go up the day A5 is released or whether it will stay for a while longer because I would really like to try it first before buying A5.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:07 pm
paulmatthew wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:31 pm BEWARE** The CS version will NOT unlock previously purchased gear. You will have to get Amplitube 5 SE at the very least.
AmpliTube 5 CS will load your previously purchased models (of course and thankfully). It just won't give you access to the new features or upgraded cabinets with VIR™ technology, so sonically it won't be the same upgrade as with SE or higher.
Ok this helps, thank you. But hopefully you can see why this is confusing when on the IK site (image in the previous page), it says you need SE to unlock your gear.

So then with CS, the sound will be the same as in AT4 for what you own, but it will have the same routing and GUI as SE?

Saukar30 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 pm To keep it stupid simple, you have 3 options.. 1. Upgrading to SE just to import your previous collection, 2. Upgrade to regular 5 to import previous & get the new effects, etc. or 3. Upgrade to Max and get the whole shabang. CS is more just so you can see what 5 has to offer.
So going from whatever AmpliTube you have to AmpliTube 5 CS will be a lateral move. You'll technically have AmpliTube 5, but it will functionally be AmpliTube 4.

From there you should be able to unlock your AmpliTube 5 to a full version through the Custom Shop.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Saukar30 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 pm I think you are way over thinking it. I admit I was wrong in what I posted that there are different upgrade choices available. All of them are not going to viable to everyone. Which upgrade path depends on what you want & what you have.

To keep it stupid simple, you have 3 options.. 1. Upgrading to SE just to import your previous collection, 2. Upgrade to regular 5 to import previous & get the new effects, etc. or 3. Upgrade to Max and get the whole shabang. CS is more just so you can see what 5 has to offer.
This is contrary to what Peter just said though. He said that we will be able to use our existing products in CS, but it won't use new cabs and VIR. You are claiming you need SE to open our existing gear. And that is what the website said as well. So it isn't over-thinking if one source (the website) says one thing (SE required to unlock your previously purchased gear) and a rep says another thing (you can use your existing gear in CS).

Confusing? Yup. IK always does this when they release a new product. They alienate their existing users and hope for new users apparently. Also claiming the routing is "unprecedented" just shows they have not looked at the competition. Overloud has had much better signal chain routing than Amplitube for over a decade. The gold standard of routing for a stand alone guitar unit is still the Axe FX units which are super flexible. Granted within your host you have great routing capabilities but Amplitube has always been lacking there. Also it only took until 2020 to allow people to load their own cab IR files. There have been more flexible options for over a decade again. This seems more like a IK catch up than anything else. There are so many options now.

be wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:40 pm Has it already been answered whether the price will go up the day A5 is released or whether it will stay for a while longer because I would really like to try it first before buying A5.
I'd like to know this. If you can only demo after price goes up, that's pretty shitty.

The other big question I have not seen answered yet is: Will it finally be possible to only see the presets that use the gear we own? I'd really like to browser presets without constantly getting errors that I don't own something in that preset!

Amen!!!!!!
I am pretty sure we know the answer though.
rsp
sound sculptist

Saukar30 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 pm To keep it stupid simple, you have 3 options.. 1. Upgrading to SE just to import your previous collection, 2. Upgrade to regular 5 to import previous & get the new effects, etc. or 3. Upgrade to Max and get the whole shabang. CS is more just so you can see what 5 has to offer.
Option #4 - just stick with Amplitube 4 and keep using what you are using. :idea:
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 pm The other big question I have not seen answered yet is: Will it finally be possible to only see the presets that use the gear we own? I'd really like to browser presets without constantly getting errors that I don't own something in that preset!
I doubt it. The goes against IKM's marketing model.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:32 pm The other big question I have not seen answered yet is: Will it finally be possible to only see the presets that use the gear we own? I'd really like to browser presets without constantly getting errors that I don't own something in that preset!
I doubt it. The goes against IKM's marketing model.
I don't see how that can be considered marketing. It's pure f**king bulls**t to have a bunch of presets that you jut can't open, and can't see that tell which ones you can't open until you try and get an error. How moronic does a company have to be to think this is acceptable in a product?

I think they aim really is to annoy you to the point that you say f' it and you purchase the ones you don't' have.
Has to be.
No other explanation to me.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:19 am I think they aim really is to annoy you to the point that you say f' it and you purchase the ones you don't' have.
Has to be.
rsp
I try not to think that, because it would be so extremely scummy. And I really like my IK stuff and don't want to believe that they are that they are crappy of people because I would have a hard time keeping their products. I like to hope it was just stupidity.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:58 am
zvenx wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:19 am I think they aim really is to annoy you to the point that you say f' it and you purchase the ones you don't' have.
Has to be.
rsp
I try not to think that, because it would be so extremely scummy. And I really like my IK stuff and don't want to believe that they are that they are crappy of people because I would have a hard time keeping their products. I like to hope it was just stupidity.
I like my IKM stuff but the pop ups annoy me. I think thats just how they roll. The pop ups dont work on me, but I guess must work on someone out there.

Return to “Effects”