Rob Papen announces Blade2.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blade

GRUMP wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:36 pm Subjectively the perceived Quality is from an other Dimension. Spectrally rich and surprising, well balanced clear and present E-Sound, musical Behaviour while editing. No Comparison to B1, imhO ~HW Quality. FX not checked yet. Some of the Presets are among the best I've heard from a VST for me. Recommend if you enjoyed B1, it's powerful.
Thanks, good to hear from someone who's tested it out. Likely I'll pick it up and some point much as I prob. don't need another synth.

Good deal at Bestservice on Halloween discount deal - ok strictly still sorta pay full price for Blade 2 but you almost get DCO106 for free (it's 20 off 99 euros)

Anyone using this with Reaper ? Can't seem to find the VST even though I've checked the directory it's in is scanned and I've rescanned

No issues with Cubase - detected straight off

Btw only spent an hour of so with this so far and its fantastic sounding :)

Yes its great .Loving the new interface design.Proud to have designed some of the included presets.Enjoy.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

nusound mind wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 pm
GRUMP wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:36 pm Subjectively the perceived Quality is from an other Dimension. Spectrally rich and surprising, well balanced clear and present E-Sound, musical Behaviour while editing. No Comparison to B1, imhO ~HW Quality. FX not checked yet. Some of the Presets are among the best I've heard from a VST for me. Recommend if you enjoyed B1, it's powerful.
Thanks, good to hear from someone who's tested it out. Likely I'll pick it up and some point much as I prob. don't need another synth.
Despite of the (very pleasant) Overall Sound: Blade is imhO the most versatile additive Synth in the narrow Sense of the Term at the Moment.

I'm still checking, but the additive Part of the OSC, esp. free Partials Tuning, WAV Analysis, colored Noise, Ringmodulation and much more make it easy to generate interesting new and unique Spectrums and corresponding Patches. Finally!!!

I didn't need the eXplorer Bundle too btw so really know what you mean 😉

Don't forget sampling is in there now
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

The GUI is hard to read. Blue parameters and dark and cloudy background. Looks like a synthedit synth

Have to admit GUI not totally to my taste but perfectly useable and sound is great

I do have a soft spot with Additive synths though I just think they sound more alive

I also love Loom II

Igro wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 pm The GUI is hard to read. Blue parameters and dark and cloudy background. Looks like a synthedit synth
I find it easier to see than other RP synths because it has proper UI scaling, vs. the fuzzy scaling of all the others. And what does "Looks like a synthedit synth" even mean?

Am I right in thinking can't test test user waveform into additive synth engine in demo as althouhh you can create a user wav input you can't then load it into engine as disabled in demo

Also anyone any hints for getting to work in Reaper please ?

Buckster wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:16 pm Am I right in thinking can't test test user waveform into additive synth engine in demo as althouhh you can create a user wav input you can't then load it into engine as disabled in demo

Also anyone any hints for getting to work in Reaper please ?
Works for me in current Reaper on Win10, no problems. I installed the single package on top of Explorer 6.

Ok thanks I'll try again

I even tried making a copy of the DLL and moving it up a directory level but reaper still didn't find

Sounds like maybe my user error somewhere I'll recheck directory scanning

As I said worked straight off in Cubase

risome wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:03 pm Don't forget sampling is in there now
Sampling, As in record samples or a player?
How is it used in Blade 2?

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 pm Here’s something to report...

I’m buying it. I had some trouble with v1, but the sound was good and I like the concept. The cartoon blades are a bit too Mortal Kombat for me (could be that I just finished a UI job on Mortal Kombat before the pandemic started and I’m still a bit traumatized. :lol:) but it seems as though they’re ditching those in v2.
I think it's more of a homage to the Wesley Snipes superhero movie than Mortal Kombat. The blades look like the blades he carries around in the movie.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”