VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

easyrider wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:24 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:17 pm
Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:45 pm
easyrider wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:27 pm The fourth forum where AT5 confusion is rife and Ik reps are floundering.....
But apparently it's us that are stupid according to IK.
Sometimes when dealing with IKM and Peter, I have to question myself whether English is my second language or whether is he replying with very crafty answers and I feel I have to carefully read every word like a rental lease. I never get a simple, yes or no. I get a "if you want all the new included gear you should buy the upgrade to Max".
People spelt things out with clear, concise questions...The answers that came back were that of a politician....

All this across 4 forums....

It is not us, the consumer..
You know what. f**k this shit. This happened with Tracks and Sampltitube. Luckily I am not that invested in Samplitude. I am giving my $100 to NeuralDSP for a new guitar sound engine. Hope they don't pussy foot their customers around like IKM are. This is total bullshit.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm You know what. f**k this shit. This happened with Tracks and Sampltitube. Luckily I am not that invested in Samplitude. I am giving my $100 to NeuralDSP for a new guitar sound engine. Hope they don't pussy foot their customers around like IKM are. This is total bullshit.
You know what, I've just been Googling around at other systems as you posted. Let me know what you think of NeuralDSP. Any recommendations for other systems? Even hardware is looking more enticing at these prices.

Yall ppl crack me up about IK's pricing model. Its been virtually the same for like over a decade. If its really a problem for you, just don't buy it. I'm not saying accept whatever ppl give you, either. I'm saying between upgrades, crossgrades, jampoints, & really massive sales later down the line, they give you lots of opportunities to make it cost efficient for whatever your situation is.

AT5 pricing is advantageous for new ppl & current customers. If you dont feel so, wait for a sale in a year or 2. IK ALWAYS has them.

If you really REALLY want something to be ultra concerned with (which I haven't seen brought up much in this thread) is how the CPU usage/latency is possibly be on this. Since its a major upgrade and they have lots of more impulses & IK's history of not addressing concerns quickly without the help of God, that I believe is what I feel should be what deserves digging into. Personally, that is the main factor that keeps me away. IK doesn't do great when they switch paradigms. This could be different since it mirrors the current T-Racks system, but I have my doubts.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:35 pm

AT5 pricing is advantageous for new ppl & current customers. If you dont feel so, wait for a sale in a year or 2. IK ALWAYS has them.
For new customers maybe...but for loyal customers not one bit...

telecode wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm
easyrider wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:24 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:17 pm
Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:45 pm
easyrider wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:27 pm The fourth forum where AT5 confusion is rife and Ik reps are floundering.....
But apparently it's us that are stupid according to IK.
Sometimes when dealing with IKM and Peter, I have to question myself whether English is my second language or whether is he replying with very crafty answers and I feel I have to carefully read every word like a rental lease. I never get a simple, yes or no. I get a "if you want all the new included gear you should buy the upgrade to Max".
People spelt things out with clear, concise questions...The answers that came back were that of a politician....

All this across 4 forums....

It is not us, the consumer..
You know what. f**k this shit. This happened with Tracks and Sampltitube. Luckily I am not that invested in Samplitude. I am giving my $100 to NeuralDSP for a new guitar sound engine. Hope they don't pussy foot their customers around like IKM are. This is total bullshit.
wish there was more like you @telecode. people who stand against this bullshit.

problem is, people keep overpaying this company for some reason. if there was more people like you who'd get fed up with these shenanigans and say no, I'm not catering to this charade anymore, then they'd have to listen and change. back in the day, in my protest, I sold Amplitube and T-Racks and never looked back. investing more into this company is out of the question.

but since too many people have big euros to throw away and they go as far as pre-ordering without even trying, are you serious, dudes? there's maybe only a couple of devs I trust that much and I'd still not invest that much money without trying out the product first. rich people are cray-cray.

thankfully, guitar amp software develops every day, getting better and better, and eventually we'll see the time when no one cares or uses Amplitube anymore. it will be outdone by the competition with a lot more reasonable price / quality ratio. things that belong in the past, shall remain in the past.

I just went and bought Audiority Solidus Randy 250. Two high quality vintage Randall amps for 35 euro. No brainer. It will give me all the Chuck Schuldiner and Dimebag tones I'd ever ask for, all for a good price. Give fair, reasonable and devoted developers your money.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:32 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm You know what. f**k this shit. This happened with Tracks and Sampltitube. Luckily I am not that invested in Samplitude. I am giving my $100 to NeuralDSP for a new guitar sound engine. Hope they don't pussy foot their customers around like IKM are. This is total bullshit.
You know what, I've just been Googling around at other systems as you posted. Let me know what you think of NeuralDSP. Any recommendations for other systems? Even hardware is looking more enticing at these prices.
Scuffam S gear is well worth the money, try the demo :tu:
Almost the opposite paradigm to AT, just a few high quality amps and fx that are not trying to emulate anything in particular but just sound great with minimal tweaking and great dynamics...it just plays well with no fuss. Nice developer as well.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:32 pm ou know what, I've just been Googling around at other systems as you posted. Let me know what you think of NeuralDSP. Any recommendations for other systems?
First go and buy a lesser version of Overloud THU, then start collecting rig libraries :tu:

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:32 pm
I didnt like TRU stuff. Neural did sound better but a much larger system resource hog than AT 4. But did sound better. I think when using their 50% off deals, they start to look appealing.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I came here to hear about/discuss the new gear and features, but in typical fashion it turned into a business economics lecture 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

So for amps, there's a Bogner Uberschall (German 34)?, a Friedman/some sort of mini Plexi, Diezel VH4, and not quite sure what the Silver Plate and B750 are off hand. Are there corresponding matching new cabs for the new amps? And they added a new bass cab as well too?

Seems there are the Leslie amps and cabs, but no word on separate or interchangeable power amp section?

For pedals we have the Sans Amp bass driver (Ampless pedal), and some sort of custom boutique overdrive/boost with selectable clipping/no clip options?

So no one is even going to mention that awesome sounding new Shimmer reverb rack? They seemed to spotlight that a lot on the audio demos. Very intrigued about that.

New signal path workflow seems more logical. They blended what i like about Helix/TH-U but married it with always visible and real GUI controls 👍 (Hate the slider only control view on Helix, i know its suppose to be more like AxeFx, but is less organized as far as control groups/tab sections go like AxeFx)

IRs? 👍 Finally, is all we have to say 😆 Now make an IR that can load longer sampled reverb IRs too.

If the improved sound engine is as stated, i have higher hopes for AT5.

Request for more yet to be modeled gear aside, i think it's going to be cool and inspiring and very fun to get lost and play on for hours.

Nudge nudge, a Coloursound Power Driver, more germanium drive/fuzz/boost, maybe implement some sort of JHS Colorbox/Hudson Broadcast pedal (you already have the Neve modeling tech, and im finding using a Neve preamp/saturation in the guitar pedal chain yeilds really great results). EP Booster shouldn't be hard to do, take the circuit model out of your Echoplex delay and isolate it to just a preamp pedal. Oh yeah, cant forget some more and better modelled Class A EL84 amps, Badcat, Matchless etc. And an upgraded better model of the Hiwatt.

I am considering the update, Got frustrated with Ik's upgrade pricing before but with the sales it all evens out.
What sucks is I just bought the Axe-IO in the middle of September and got a second version of almost everything I already own. Sent an email asking for options.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

metalifuxx wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:46 pm I came here to hear about/discuss the new gear and features, but in typical fashion it turned into a business economics lecture 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Well, to be fair, IK have been so obfuscating with the particulars of this release that we had to talk about something. :hihi: I really don't think it's up to us to dig out the details when it's IK that are trying to sell this. I figure that's up to them. As it is I'll probably get it next year when it's 50% off.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've purchased the new AmpliTube editions as they've been released, always getting them at the introductory price. Even though I got what I consider to be a fair price for the new gear, I have paid more than I would have if I had not bought them as they came out, and instead waited until AmpliTube 5 MAX. The price difference would be even greater if I never bought any AmpliTube gear and just jumped in for the first time with AmpliTube 5 MAX. But the savings would be even better still if I wait another 5 years until AmpliTube 6, or 10 years for AmpliTube 7. I could just wait until I die and really save some money. Maybe I could give up music for accounting while I'm at it.

But instead, I have purchased the AT gear all along, and I have used it, for years now. And I think I have gotten value for my money over those years. And when I upgrade to AmpliTube 5, I will be getting more value for my money. And I am totally fine with that. I'm not going to be petty. I've been happy to have it, and I think it is reasonable for a company to charge for an upgrade that they've put a lot of work and time into. The paid upgrades I see from other companies don't come close to what IK has brought to the table with VIR, and those other ampsims don't come within a country mile of what AmpliTube 5 will be offering, in terms of the number of models, the quality of the DSP, or the sheer versatility of the cabs. 140,000 cab impulses. That's insane. That is exponentially larger than the next closest competitor. No one else is going to be able to touch that. So am I going to pitch a tantrum and storm off to some lesser ampsim with a dozen IRs because IK has the audacity to charge for a massive upgrade? Nope. I'll go with what is going to continue to bring me the best results and the most value, as I have done.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

No one really knows if this is a good update, all we have is a lot of marketing and some confusion on what each version includes. once the demos are out and we can play a guitar in to it to see how it sounds and feels we will know if it is worth the money and if it is as good or better than other available sims. I look forward to trying a demo.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think by now we already know this.
But I got this email from IK:

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

They left out AmpliTube 5 CS, which is where all of the confusion is.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”