Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

killmaster wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:08 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:28 pm
killmaster wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:28 pm Wondering if someone can advise me on this. I love searching out unique sounds to build up atmospheric spaces. I don't really care if its using a synth or mangling audio to achieve this. I really want to get either LION or Triad since they have the Halloween sale going on now. Curious for those of you who have both, can you tell me which you prefer working with. Does one stand out in your opinion?
I am not an expert, but I would suggest getting LION first since it is a great sound generator per se for what you want to do and the built-in BYOME effects can take it to another level. LION is a pretty unique synth.

I bought BYOME (single-band version of TRIAD) after getting LION only to resell it later.

If you too many synths already and just looking for a pure effect playground, get TRIAD instead.

Sorry if it did not help.
I'm curious if you can use Lion audio processing as an audio effect?
Unfortunately, no. It's only for processing its own sound. You cannot load it as an effect to process other sounds. This question indicates you might want to get TRIAD then. But best would be a demo test. :)

If you use PMPKN-2999 on Plugin alliance (1 day expiring) you can get Triad for $30. If you miss it, just wait they always post these codes I've loaded up on a ton of their items and they're all, for the most part, insanely worth the time invested.

I've mentioned it before, UA stuff is top quality across the board, Lion fav synth, Triad fav fx rack.
Have you tried Vital?

I feel like Lion has the most deceptively difficult learning curve out of any synth I own. It sounds amazing and is unparalleled in its flexibility, but intuitive it is not. I kinda wish I could hide half the options.

I wonder if UA regret joining PA.
Their plugins used to be worth money till PA devalued them to peanuts.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 pm I wonder if UA regret joining PA.
5 nickels is worth more than 2 dimes. Maybe the volume of sales is worth it?

I think it's also not only "joining PA". As far as I know PA are straight up buying companies.

gondii wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:24 pm I think it's also not only "joining PA". As far as I know PA are straight up buying companies.
Source?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:08 pm
gondii wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:24 pm I think it's also not only "joining PA". As far as I know PA are straight up buying companies.
Source?
Well, it's how Dirk regularly words it in the PA FB group whenever a new company "joins". However at other points I also read "licensing partners", so maybe they have different types of agreements depending on different factors. All I wanted to say is that it's probably more complicated than just joining the group.

Examples:

https://imgur.com/a/b9UXcig
https://imgur.com/a/lY1DMHZ

gondii wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:19 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:08 pm
Source?
Well, it's how Dirk regularly words it in the PA FB group whenever a new company "joins". However at other points I also read "licensing partners", so maybe they have different types of agreements depending on different factors. All I wanted to say is that it's probably more complicated than just joining the group.

Examples:

https://imgur.com/a/b9UXcig
https://imgur.com/a/lY1DMHZ
Okay, interesting. Maybe so.
A well-behaved signature.

Is anyone having problems with Lion reverting to the default preset when opening a saved project? Both in Bitwig and Ableton Live.

Psuper wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:03 pm If you use PMPKN-2999 on Plugin alliance (1 day expiring) you can get Triad for $30. If you miss it, just wait they always post these codes I've loaded up on a ton of their items and they're all, for the most part, insanely worth the time invested.

I've mentioned it before, UA stuff is top quality across the board, Lion fav synth, Triad fav fx rack.
Great price for this plugin!

Lion is by far the best synth for randomizing sounds -- that alone makes it worth purchasing as the synth engine is solid, with the UA biome effects as a bonus.
Have you tried Vital?

Hi, new to Lion. How do you assign an external CC to a parameter? There’s no “learn” word in the manual.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:23 pm I wonder if UA regret joining PA.
I bought G8 and Sandman directly from UA before they "joined" PA ... they cost $19 each.

Friendly Noise wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:05 pm Hi, new to Lion. How do you assign an external CC to a parameter? There’s no “learn” word in the manual.
Inside Lion you assign it's parameters to the Macro Knobs. Then you assign CC or automate those Macros from your DAW.

Return to “Instruments”