All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The T-Rex Diva Drive arrived and after an initial noise issue, it sounds very good with a wide range of tones. The 3 modes have good variation and the mix knob is great. Also, it is buffered, not true bypass, which isn’t an issue for me because if it’s in, it’s on.

Build quality, however, is very subpar with sloppy wiring and soldering. Nothing I can’t fix but not what you would expect on any production pedal. I have no idea how they justified the original MSRP, or street price. Even at £45 it’s unacceptable but for me it’s easier to keep and fix than return. The Totenschlager I have, from their “value” range is better made.

Definitely Caveat Emptor.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:24 pm https://www.musicradar.com/news/amazon- ... er-pound40

What the devil? Is nowt safe? :o
ive just been eyeing the amazon bass vi in fiesta red :hihi:

I already own most of those....but mine don't have the cache of Amazon branding...LOL!!
amazon bass vi in fiesta red
LMFAO!! Korean or Indonesian?
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

khanyz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:54 am The T-Rex Diva Drive arrived and after an initial noise issue, it sounds very good with a wide range of tones. The 3 modes have good variation and the mix knob is great. Also, it is buffered, not true bypass, which isn’t an issue for me because if it’s in, it’s on.

Build quality, however, is very subpar with sloppy wiring and soldering. Nothing I can’t fix but not what you would expect on any production pedal. I have no idea how they justified the original MSRP, or street price. Even at £45 it’s unacceptable but for me it’s easier to keep and fix than return. The Totenschlager I have, from their “value” range is better made.

Definitely Caveat Emptor.
Same is true of the newer TC Electronic pedals, (now made by Behringer).
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:38 pm amazon bass vi
I see what you did there... :hihi:

:hihi:

CapnLockheed wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:14 pm Same is true of the newer TC Electronic pedals, (now made by Behringer).
I have a TC MojoMojo (pre Behringer) and build quality inside and out is impeccable. It’s a real shame.

khanyz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:23 pm I have a TC MojoMojo (pre Behringer) and build quality inside and out is impeccable. It’s a real shame.
My understanding is this is only the case with their new low cost pedal line. Pedals like the Ditto, Flashback, Hall of Fame, etc. are surface mount so wiring isn't an issue.

i like the later hall of fame, with the pressure button for expression control :)
some nice sounds too, and of course the tone print thing for editing.
definitely a good reverb at the price!

I’ve never got on with reverb pedals apart from my Holy Stain, which I love. I have a Digitech RP155 which has nice reverb and a Fender Mustang I v1 which is usable but other than that it’s been meh at best. My first guitar amp had a spring tank (Fender Sidekick Reverb 35) so maybe I’m just used to that.

spring reverb is beautiful!

only "problem" with amp springs is, you are kind of stuck with it in the same place in the chain.

so im happy to see more pedal board springs becoming available. :tu:

obviously, not a major problem, id rather have it stuck there than not have it at all, and it all depends on how experimental you are with your pedal chain too :)

^ I’m totally boring when it comes to reverb. The most experimental I get is putting a Marshall SuperVibe after the Holy Stain to get stereo, with a hint of modulation.

The reverb tank on my Fender has phono plugs so I could mess with it. For a cheap, solid state amp it is awesome.

There’s an orange combo with dual power amps, so you can put stereo effects between the pre and power. That would be cool to use dual spring tanks with, or maybe try some of the EHX stereo reverbs.

^ Sounds pretty good, but I think they missed a trick not having a Room/Spring option on the reverb. Also, IMO you need a bit of dirt for lofi.

The Holy Stain can kind of do doubling in Pitch mode. The tracking isn’t the quickest but with dirt and a BBD pedal after it sounds cool.

Also, on Echo Pedals, has anyone tried the Dr.J D-54 Shadow Echo? After playing with the Sonicake Echo Rain, I’m looking for a cheap delay pedal with some modulation control.

Return to “Guitars”