Pulsecraft - The Chro 8080

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 pm Ok the OP had said Chro-8080 emulates Virus TI, JP8000 and Alpha Juno 2 in a single synth. Which would have been ridiculous. It seems this is actually an original design inspired by various hardware synths rather than full on emulation.

When does the intro price period end? Can you post some pluck sound patches?
The intro price will end when me and Bradley Gray have finalized all features and perfected every aspect until we think it's 1.0 worthy. It's near the final stages, but we're also thinking about more features along the way.

I will make a couple new demo's soon with your Plucks request. There is one preset included already and more velocity sensitive from pluck to key.

I bought this today and really like it. It sounds great, and has a lot of depth.

v1o wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:13 pm Ok the OP had said Chro-8080 emulates Virus TI, JP8000 and Alpha Juno 2 in a single synth. Which would have been ridiculous. It seems this is actually an original design inspired by various hardware synths rather than full on emulation.

When does the intro price period end? Can you post some pluck sound patches?
That's a quote, i'm not personally claiming that myself.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:27 am
"Inspired by" is not the right word
Its a really close emultion with both my Jp-8080 and Jp-8000 hardware.. As I've already emulated the 106 and alpha i just had to implement the osc and fx algorithms. Having the exact sounds from the Jp was the prequisite. From there its upgraded further.

sneiter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 am But i did make the virus shapers in the filter section.
Now that's really interesting, some of these shapers have unique tone and it's possible to make awesome textures by modulating the drive amount.

Which ones did you model?

Too bad there will be no demo.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:54 pm
sneiter wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:46 am But i did make the virus shapers in the filter section.
Now that's really interesting, some of these shapers have unique tone and it's possible to make awesome textures by modulating the drive amount.

Which ones did you model?

Too bad there will be no demo.
LIGHT/SOFT/MED/HARD/DIGITAL/SINE/RECTIFY/BIT/RATE/LP/HP/RATE KF

the same can also be used on the Mono filter wich routes through the fx chain.
I have not emulated the additional virus FX shapers yet. Still deciding :)

How does the Juno2 emulation compare with Redominator ? Can it do hoovers ?

Also any video tutorials with it in action, I'd rather just see and hear it in use than listen to Soundcloud demos

ravasb wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:56 am I bought this today and really like it. It sounds great, and has a lot of depth.
Totally agree.
It’s a beast.

Where do you buy it ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 pm
sneiter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:14 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:58 pm
dionenoid wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:51 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 pm is there a big difference between JP8000 and JP8080? Isnt ir exactly the same? JP8000 being a keyboard while the JP8080 being a desktop version of JP8000?
The JP-8080 combined the analog modeling sound engine of the JP-8000 with additional features such as an internal vocoder. The JP-8080 also had three times the number of patches and performances, an additional Noise waveform on Osc 2 and a distortion effect.
Ok, not much of a difference but still. A vocoder is still pretty cool though :) Thanks
The 8080 vocoder isn't really groundbreaking. It does what it does but hard to get something useful.
I see. Still pretty cool tough. Not many synth have a vocoder.
Almost all va from the 90’s early 2000 had a vocoder
Novation supernova
Acces virus
Nord modular ( best vocoder ever and only 16 bands )
Waldorf q
Korg ms 2000 ..
The only one missing is yamah
Eyeball exchanging

Digivolt wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:39 pm How does the Juno2 emulation compare with Redominator ? Can it do hoovers ?

Also any video tutorials with it in action, I'd rather just see and hear it in use than listen to Soundcloud demos
He also made an alpha juno emulation , check the user library
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:15 am Where do you buy it ?
Send a private message on this facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/pulsecraftNL
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:26 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 pm
sneiter wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:14 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:58 pm
dionenoid wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:51 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:47 pm is there a big difference between JP8000 and JP8080? Isnt ir exactly the same? JP8000 being a keyboard while the JP8080 being a desktop version of JP8000?
The JP-8080 combined the analog modeling sound engine of the JP-8000 with additional features such as an internal vocoder. The JP-8080 also had three times the number of patches and performances, an additional Noise waveform on Osc 2 and a distortion effect.
Ok, not much of a difference but still. A vocoder is still pretty cool though :) Thanks
The 8080 vocoder isn't really groundbreaking. It does what it does but hard to get something useful.
I see. Still pretty cool tough. Not many synth have a vocoder.
Almost all va from the 90’s early 2000 had a vocoder
Novation supernova
Acces virus
Nord modular ( best vocoder ever and only 16 bands )
Waldorf q
Korg ms 2000 ..
The only one missing is yamah
I see.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Did anyone get it yet? What do you think.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Well, the GUI don't look very professionnal (very generic Reaktor ensemble) but is quite useful. At core it's a jp-8080 emulation. I can't compare with hardware, but the sound is incredible. A LOT of vibe and bite, and an extensive sweet spot : each knob you turn produce rich and interesting sounds. On top of that, there is many options from other emulations, filter curves and colors, additionnal oscillators, global fxs which sound very good and can help you build a "mutant" synth (like a restricted Diva). The CPU consumption seems to be ok.

Return to “Instruments”