UVI Synth Anthology 3 out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.uvi.net/synth-anthology-3

One of my faveroute UVI offering s-0 good intro price (I updated from 2 for 40E and am currently downloading....)

What is new in V3...

-55 new hardware synths featuring classics and rarities
Includes Arp 2600, Behringer DeepMind 12, Casio HZ-600 and VZ1, Cavagnolo Exagone, Clavia NordLead 3, Crumar Spirit, Davoli Davolisint, Dotcom Modular, EML ElectroComp 101, SynKey and Synthi AKS, JEN SX1000, Kawai Synthesizer-100F, Korg PS3100, MS-50, 01RW, M3, Prologue, Polysix, 800DV and X3R, M-Liberation, M-One, M-Subsequent 37, M-Modular 3p and M-Sonic Six, Novation Peak, Oberheim Matrix-12 and SEM, Powertran Transcendent 2000, PPG 1020 and Modular, RLD D-110, RLD Fantom-G6, RLD J-6, RLD SH-5, RLD JD-990, RLD System-100 and RLD System-700, RSF BlackBox and Modular, Sequential Circuits Six-trak, Studiologic Sledge, Teenage Engineering OP-1, OP-Z, PO-14 and PO-16, Vermona Synthesizer, Waldorf Pulse 2, Wave and Quantum, Yamaha SY-2 and V50, and Yusynth.
-542 Waveforms created from 50+ hardware
-Updated UI
-Updated FX section with EQ
-Updated arpeggiator section with Chord and Phrase modes
-1,000+ all new factory presets
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The sub section having all those waveforms interests me. Not bad for the upgrade price they are asking

After watching the walk through video, it seems that one can do a lot more customization than one would have thought at first glance. So, one major advantage of this vs. Vintage Vault seems to be the ability to swap out the waveforms from one synth and use them in another. The sub oscillator is also a powerful option. The introductory pricing/upgrade price make this extremely attractive. :tu:

I have been playing with it today- superb sounds, great pre-sets (sorted by type, synths etc), lots of options to tweak- amazing value. Highly recommended, definitely on of UVI's best....who else samples OP-1 and OP-Z!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

^^^+1
This is really excellent value for the upgrade price.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

I think the unified UI is a good idea - but I wonder - are the filters for each synth all the same? Do the ADSR envelopes behave as the original synth models or are all ADSRs the same across all synths? My take on it is that UVI has sampled all of these hardware synths at various settings/patches and then the adjustments to those settings are all using essentially the same LFO,VCF,VCA modules for adjustments to those settings/patches. And how much is exposed to Falcon 2? I'm just curious, very likely to buy this software as it's an amazing bargain regardless.

These are all seamlessly loopable samples from what my ears tell me. It seems they multi sampled across octaves, each key as a seamless loop. The filter, envelope, and effects are totally separate, and the same.

While it has some nice sounds, its one of those things that attract those who just want a super quick sound for a song, but may be a turn off for sound designers. Frankly, Im on a Surge/Tranzistow kick right now, I bought the SA3 upgrade just because it was a cheap upgrade, but after digging in, I would have really liked to have seen a more robust, and dedicated filter, envelope section per synth. I dont know....Some may love it, some might be passive about it

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:34 pm https://www.uvi.net/synth-anthology-3

One of my faveroute UVI offering s-0 good intro price (I updated from 2 for 40E and am currently downloading....)
40E ?? price is 49E

deejay2 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:42 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:34 pm https://www.uvi.net/synth-anthology-3

40E ?? price is 49E
I am Vat registered in the UK so they take the off (that’s the price they show me, may be different for others)

The thing is fantastic. I upgraded as well. And finally there is a sorting by synth.

Very good update!
Thanks UVI :)

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:32 pm The thing is fantastic. I upgraded as well. And finally there is a sorting by synth.
Sorting by synth? This is new. SA2 was sorted by what type sounds they were.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I have Synth Anthology 2, and was debating whether or not to upgrade. So what do we have here?

Synth Anthology 2:
**33 presets per synth on average
**8GB for 2500 presets
Synth Anthology 3 is the above plus:
**18 presets per synth on average
**6GB for 1000 presets

Looks like there might be nearly twice as much multi-sampling.
Introductory Upgrade Price is 33% of the standard price of Synth Anthology 2, and you get 70% more synths in 40% more presets, plus minor enhancements to existing features. That seems like it would be just barely worth it if the majority of the new material is useful.

For me, therein lies the rub. I think the vintage samples in SA2 are the least authentic representations of their source material. Listening to the raw samples in isolation appears to suggest that much of the rawness and richness has been removed. They appear to have been toned down in character to better fit with the other material.
They end up just sounding like every other VST. It works fine for the digital and modern instruments however, and there are significantly more presets for those in SA2. But in SA3, 28 of the new synths are vintage. I expect more of the same. Therefore I probably won't upgrade.

I agree. To me SA2 sounds really lifeless. I think the Falcon factory bank sounds way better than this library. If SA3 is on the same level besides the new waveforms & phase modulation of the sub, it isn't of interest. And not to talk bad about UVI. I have USQ1 and absolutely love that library.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it, and it sounds great to me. The only downside I see is some of the presets really hit the CPU hard. I’ve had to freeze some of them to hear them.
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

Return to “Instruments”