iZotope Iris 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Interesting. I’m an Iris fan, since V1, though I did sort of scratch my head when V2 was missing things and didn’t have backwards patch compatibility. Still good, though. Nothing really quite like it, so it’s odd to stop development. I was actually just using it a week or two ago.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

dune_rave wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:22 pm uses much cpu
It did when it was released. But not on a decent modern CPU. Sometimes older software runs better on newer hardware.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It's still a CPU hog (like many of iZotope's other plugins) compared to some newer plugins from other developers.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:54 pm It's still a CPU hog
Not likely on a properly tuned 10th gen i9.

It barely registers on my 9th gen i5 CPU meter. :D

I tweaked all the presets for having maximum 6 voice polyphony each. It took me an hour but I'd say it was worth it. I don't have to bother about CPU usage anymore.

zzz00m wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:45 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:54 pm It's still a CPU hog
Not likely on a properly tuned 10th gen i9.

It barely registers on my 9th gen i5 CPU meter. :D
Ok, I'll have to admit I haven't tested it yet on my latest CPU. My last one though, an i7 4930K didn't always sing in tune with Iris 2 :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Oh, and I turned reverb off in all presets as well. I don't like built-in reverb in synths (and get some more free CPU cycles)

Can Iris 2 be used like a vsti plugin in a digital audio workstation?
Why the hell did I come back to this God forsaken forum? :dog:

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:55 pm Can Iris 2 be used like a vsti plugin in a digital audio workstation?
Of course.

Henry Jimdrix wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:55 pm Can Iris 2 be used like a vsti plugin in a digital audio workstation?
sys specs say:
Plug-in Formats:
AAX (64–bit), AU, RTAS (32–bit), VST, VST3
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/iris.html#findspecs

O.k thanks. One more question, is it necessary to install the iris 2 core library and the other libraries such as abstract library? II think I'm right in thinking these are just sound files, and you can drop your own WAV files into Iris 2, so there isn't really any need to install the libraries, Is that correct?

afaik, not sure though, the core library is necessary
for presets - which actually you will like because you can learn iris, walkthrough examples etc
if storage space is an issue: you can install the iris libraries on an external disk
so if you have an external 20gazillion-super-disk for your casual sample library, iris will be happy with it :-)

Thanks, I thought the core libraries would probably be necessary, I think I would probaly be alright for disk space, but if the other libraries are just sound files that do the same as dropping a WAV file into iris 2 , then I probably would not bother because I have so many Wav samples already.

Aye, I believe the extra libraries are not used in the presets. When I had a look via the Iris 2 browser though, I couldn't tell which were the core wavs and which were the extra ones (I installed all available libraries). Perhaps someone can clarify?

leeleema wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:24 pm Aye, I believe the extra libraries are not used in the presets. When I had a look via the Iris 2 browser though, I couldn't tell which were the core wavs and which were the extra ones (I installed all available libraries). Perhaps someone can clarify?
Main product download: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/downloads.html

Here is the list of the Iris 2 add-on downloads. If you just want the presets, grab the Core Content Installer here (assuming that you have already run the main installer) https://www.izotope.com/en/products/dow ... d-ons.html

If you want the additional Sample Library Installers, they are listed just below the Core Content Installer.

They are just sample libraries, without additional presets included. Essentially just construction kits for you to create presets with.

Return to “Instruments”