Surreal Machines Impact

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed by chance that Surreal Machines has released a new plugin. Kind of "drumstrip". I personally love their plugins. They sound gorgeous, looks great, and there have never been any technical problems. So worth trying.

There is a free castrated version - Crack. In addition, you can try the demo right inside the website.

https://www.surrealmachines.com/transie ... nes-vstau/

The most versatile tool for reshaping the dynamics of drums, loops, and much more.
Impact is designed to help with the more nitty-gritty, detail-oriented aims of transient shaping. The multi-channel processor is switchable between one, two or three bands of transient modification — this means that different frequency bands can be adjusted independently, so that if you wanted to emphasize the attack of some airy hi-hats while, in the same sample, dulling the attack of a low-rumbling kick drum, you could do simply by adjusting the Attack and Sustain controls for each frequency band. As part of its dynamic processing chain, Impact also includes four switchable styles of analog-modelled saturation, along with a final processing section that includes a clipper, limiter and a maximizer designed specifically to work with transient materials. This ensures that you are not only able to shape your transients exactly how you want, but you can also add some additional character to your sounds in the process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dombaeb on Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Any intro pricing or upgrade path if you own the others?

I have all the other plugins as well but didn't mention any upgrade path after log in.
Rickskii wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 pm Any intro pricing or upgrade path if you own the others?

interesting. it's the new plug in version of their "Transient Machines" max for live device.

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/transient-machines/

Seems like a product I could use. Hopefully they offer a bigger GUI size than their previous products. The free one is also welcomed, thank you SM!

EDIT. Yeah, there's a Zoom option for the GUI. :)

We at Surreal Machines are watching this thread and happy to answer any questions.

will there be an update for modnetic and diffuse in re gui resizability ?

muki wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:40 pm will there be an update for modnetic and diffuse in re gui resizability ?
We can confirm that this is on the way - just give us a bit of time to recover from getting this release sorted and to make sure everything's properly tested before we update.
Last edited by ah@surrealmachines on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex @ surrealmachines.com [plugin dev and DSP]

Very nice plugin. The featureset and sound is great.
I'm glad to see resizeable GUIs on Surreal Machines plugins, also :)

SneakyBeats wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm
soma wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:38 pm happy to answer any questions.
My balls itch after shaving. What do you recommend?
Easy. Goldbond

It's a multiband transient shaper, and what's that to the right an EQ?

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm It's a multiband transient shaper, and what's that to the right an EQ?
That's an output section that applies a gain (thru) or clipping (with pre-clipping gain) or limiting (with pre-limiter gain) or a Maximizer (with amount); and a post dynamics trim so you can clip, limit or maximize a signal and then lower the volume.

soma wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:52 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm It's a multiband transient shaper, and what's that to the right an EQ?
That's an output section that applies a gain (thru) or clipping (with pre-clipping gain) or limiting (with pre-limiter gain) or a Maximizer (with amount); and a post dynamics trim so you can clip, limit or maximize a signal and then lower the volume.
OK i love your delays, i'll have to try your demo of this.

Is there a loyalty discount if you own Dub Machines?

simmo75 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:14 pm Is there a loyalty discount if you own Dub Machines?
This has been logistically tricky but we try to keep our prices as low as we can for everyone and give something away (Crack), knowing that there are a bunch of loyal customers and followers out there already. Hope that helps. Just think of it as everyone getting the loyalty discount.

Oh and in case you missed it, we quietly reduced the prices on all our other plugins too. ;)

Return to “Effects”