Hainbachs Soviet Wire Recorder Plugin | AudioThing WIRES VST/AU/AAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiothing wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:11 pm
_leras wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 am Sounds like you could add new, and mid life, to your old 'thin' reel.

How easy would it be to add a newer, fatter, tape reel?
New? I think it's gonna be quite hard to get some new old stock wire reels, and probably the heads need to be either cleaned or replaced as well.

Just look at what Hainbach got:

He said he's going to clean them eventually, and we'll check if they sound any different from what we modeled. If yes, we'll add them to the plugin of course.
Someone smuggled reels to him, in cake tins? ... 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 pm
_leras wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:28 am Sounds like you could add new, and mid life, to your old 'thin' reel.

New? I think it's gonna be quite hard to get some new old stock wire reels, and probably the heads need to be either cleaned or replaced as well.

He said he's going to clean them eventually, and we'll check if they sound any different from what we modeled. If yes, we'll add them to the plugin of course.
lol

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 pm

For a warmer sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7i0w-faspk

Had some fun playing my Wurlitzer through Wires (echo parameters are triggered by automation).
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

I never thought I'd say this, but this one actually sounds too bad to me. I love a good distressed tape or even drum sound, but I can't quite get into this one at all.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:37 am I never thought I'd say this, but this one actually sounds too bad to me. I love a good distressed tape or even drum sound, but I can't quite get into this one at all.
Some people just don't like them when they are too dirty. But some people like them really dirty. This is for those.

Of course, it's not for everybody. It can be "tamed" a bit, but it's always going to sound as a very lofi plugin.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:37 am I never thought I'd say this, but this one actually sounds too bad to me. I love a good distressed tape or even drum sound, but I can't quite get into this one at all.
I was wondering that myself. It sounds amazing but I can see it having only a very limited usage for me so will look for something with more variety. Will try the demo though to see how flexible it is.

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 am
Some people just don't like them when they are too dirty. But some people like them really dirty. This is for those.
we still talking about tape sounds? :hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:56 pm
plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:14 am
we still talking about tape sounds? :hihi:
Not sure, but I agree

It's more extreme than tape plugins tend to be, but it definitely has its uses.

So far I like it as a dirty delay, or to treat heavily distorted stuff, or with certain kinds of pads.

audiothing wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:15 pm Of course, it's not for everybody. It can be "tamed" a bit, but it's always going to sound as a very lofi plugin.
Why does the package of the reels look like shortbread or gingerbread mix?

is it sand? it looks delicious

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:34 pm
audiothing wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:15 pm Of course, it's not for everybody. It can be "tamed" a bit, but it's always going to sound as a very lofi plugin.
Why does the package of the reels look like shortbread or gingerbread mix?
mouldy foam.

I've seen that in other types of foam plastics, where they disintegrate over decades. Like the molecular bonds break down due to oxidation or something. At least it's not celluloid like they use in old movie film, which can become very flammable. Or maybe it is?

Return to “Effects”