No love for Crave EQ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ScrLk wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:29 am Infinite band EQs intimidate me a bit... I like SlickEQ GE and M a lot for being able to just use the knobs.
Then you should like Crave Eq, it's a 16 band eq *which is not infinite). :D

Version 2 is out. :)
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Elevated_being wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 am Version 2 is out. :)
No dynamic mode?

:(

Elevated_being wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:35 am Version 2 is out. :)
Thanks for the info :tu:
mt12345 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:09 am No dynamic mode?
:(
The dev said that he thinks about a dynamic eq, but as a seperate plugin.

First impression:

The new update is great :tu:
- it's free (just load your existing license file)
- the new stereo options are nice
- some good decisions regarding the UI: coloured bands, fixed db ranges in the display instead of using the mousewheel, overall better look :clap:

But it wont replace v1, so you have to keep it in your plugin folder if you want to open older projects.

To me the best goto EQ! And the best proof that Dan worrals youtube tutorials "What's wrong with stock EQs?" are complete BS :D ... or maybe i'm to stupid to find the linear phase and analog modes in Cubase's stock eq's (UI size and usability left aside) :)

audiot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 am ....
The new update is great ....
Yup, pretty sweet!
audiot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 am ....
.... some good decisions regarding the UI ....
.... and some with potential for improvement.

The lower panel is nice, IMHO, but it's sort of underutilized.

Plenty of room for more than one band. :)

Ghost Dog wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:10 pm .... and some with potential for improvement.

The lower panel is nice, IMHO, but it's sort of underutilized.

Plenty of room for more than one band. :)
... but not enough room for the maximum of 32 bands :wink: (at least not without a horizontal scrollbar). It's completly fine in my opinion. Fabfilter and Slate handle it in the same way: You only see the controls and informations for the activly selected band.

I'm just not sure if it's wise, that the dev shows a screenshot with the new linearly spaced lines in the background :? Some might loose interest just by looking at the screenshot. I would say that the majority of users is used to logarithmically spaced lines. And the plugins default is still set to logarithmically spaced lines :?: I find them better to get a starting point to work on characteristic areas like "muddy" (somewhere between 200 and 300 hz) or "boxy" (somewhere between 400 and 600 hz).

audiot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:34 pm ... but not enough room for the maximum of 32 bands :wink: (at least not without a horizontal scrollbar)
I still stand by my previous statement (that space is way underutilized). :)

And scrollbar is not a bad idea by any means (I think the Apulsoft EQ has a scrollbar in that place).

Ghost Dog wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 pm I still stand by my previous statement (that space is way underutilized). :)

And scrollbar is not a bad idea by any means (I think the Apulsoft EQ has a scrollbar in that place).
That's okay. You can ask the dev to include that function ... BUT only as an additional option - i dont want that :wink:

audiot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:01 pm
Ghost Dog wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:46 pm I still stand by my previous statement (that space is way underutilized). :)

That's okay. You can ask the dev to include that function ... BUT only as an additional option - i dont want that :wink:
Of course.

I prefer one band at a time too. The controls could simply be spaced a little further apart ;) I like having it as a fixed panel instead of a floating thing that inevitably gets in the way.

It'd be nice to have another control to select which band you're editing. Sometimes it's hard to click the right one when there are multiple bands.

I liked it well enough, I just have too many great eq's already. If it was quite a bit cheaper, I would
have bought it probably, just because. Not that it's particularly expensive, it just exceeds my
plugin spending limit of the last few years, which is pretty much about $29 :lol:

gggggggg
Last edited by codec_spurt on Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guys, anyone know if there's a changelog somewhere (since I first saw v2, there have been versions 2.0.19, 2.0.22 and 2.0.23 .... would like to know what's up with them)?

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Ghost Dog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:17 am Guys, anyone know if there's a changelog somewhere (since I first saw v2, there have been versions 2.0.19, 2.0.22 and 2.0.23 .... would like to know what's up with them)?
:o That guy is busy! Didnt know about the updates.

No newsletter, but there is an RSS feed:

https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq/release-history/rss

Return to “Effects”