Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

BONES wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:12 am My bandmate said he got an update to Pendulate last night. Not sure if it includes a resizable GUI, it's not something I have to worry about.
According to Eventide's website, the latest Pendulate update is from Oct 7 (v1.0.7). The latest Generate update is from Sep 22 (v1.0.6).

Edit: There seem to be a v1.0.7 for Pendulate, but I can't find the installation file for that version.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Sorry, all, I was about to release it on Friday and final testing showed up a couple of issues on Windows. We got everything sorted and the 1.1 version with resizable UI and Midi Learn should be up in the next couple of days.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:27 pm Sorry, all, I was about to release it on Friday and final testing showed up a couple of issues on Windows. We got everything sorted and the 1.1 version with resizable UI and Midi Learn should be up in the next couple of days.
Awesome! Does the update apply to just Pendulate or Generate as well?

Applies to both.

OK! Generate and Pendulate 1.1.0 is up at newfangledaudio.com/downloads. (For Pendulate it will redirect you to the Eventide form that asks for your email again, just add it again with whatever email preferences you'd like).

Release Notes:
1. Added Resizable UI.
2. Added Midi Learn: Right click a parameter to learn a Midi CC value.
3. Improved the Twin Turbo and Newfangled color schemes.
4. Improved voice panning in Poly mode.
5. Added new artist presets from Adam Schatz and Black Sheep Audio.
6. Fixed an issue in the DRIFT control, making it more noticeable.
7. Fixed some UI drawing bugs.
8. Fixed a bug with the note pitch value rarely getting stuck.

I really like the presets from Black Sheep Audio. When I Google them, all I come up with is car stereo links. Any clues to who they are and links to follow?
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

GUI update is great but can it be set as default so I don't need to keep resizing it?

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:14 am GUI update is great but can it be set as default so I don't need to keep resizing it?
Yeah, I can't think of a single person who would like it to go back to "small" everytime you open it. There are a few other developers I have pointed this out to, but they don't seem to understand, I hope Newfangled Audio understands :)

Also, can we expect resizable GUI's for the Elevate Mastering Bundle as well? Yes please :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 pm Also, can we expect resizable GUI's for the Elevate Mastering Bundle as well? Yes please :)
+1

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:14 am GUI update is great but can it be set as default so I don't need to keep resizing it?
You can set all defaults (including size) to whatever you want by saving over the Default preset.

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 pm
Yeah, I can't think of a single person who would like it to go back to "small" everytime you open it. There are a few other developers I have pointed this out to, but they don't seem to understand, I hope Newfangled Audio understands :)

Also, can we expect resizable GUI's for the Elevate Mastering Bundle as well? Yes please :)
Probably yes eventually. The Generate branch has differed quite a bit from the Elevate branch at this point. The plan is to harmonize them, but it will be some work and take some time.

great update for generate (and pendulate), i have generate now...

working already on some presets, very simplistic (in pendulate they were more elaborate, but MPE patches is a diferent domain), or not that simplistic, already i nice combination for slide, for the oscillator behavior for instance (2 routings), together with pressure (1 routing, and the LPG pressure..).
problem; i can't see what i have routed, patched. i mean i see the cables, but the same colors... i made i mistake, and i thought it is patched right! wasn't, of course i would not phrase i made i mistake.. but the pressure/timbre cables overlap eachother. so unpatched cables, rerouted it. worked. nice. simple but effective.

i think i can get used to it, but why not different colors?

DGillespie wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:56 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Probably yes eventually. The Generate branch has differed quite a bit from the Elevate branch at this point. The plan is to harmonize them, but it will be some work and take some time.
Can you teach your friends at Eventide how to create reasizeabled GUI's. They don't seem to know how. At least it's not in their roadmap, which according to my interpratation means they have no idea how, probably because the are locked in an old framework.

Just bought and loving it already :) the random feature works extremely well and overall I love Generate for dynamic sounding pads

Wasn't even on my BF radar but couldn't resist at the price

This plugin is just amazing!

Instant inspiration, I've been able to produce amazing sounds in no time! It's the rabbit hole of patch making! Probably the best purchase I have done recently, the MPE implementation is stellar and the sound design possibilities are endless. Love the reverb algorithm.

Just a few things I would like to point out for future updates, if I may:

Can we have Triplets on LFO / Seq Sync?
What about being able to modulate FX section parameters?
When in Unison Mode, the ability to use 2,3,5... notes instead of only 4 or 8 like it is currently.

Thanks, guys from newfangled audio, for giving us something new and inspirational!

Return to “Instruments”