Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

DanROLI wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm Hi. My name is Dan, I work with ROLI in support.

DM me with your email address you used to register your ticket and I'll ensure it gets addressed. Alternatively reply here with the ticket number.

DanROLI
OK done. thanks.
Philippe

DanROLI wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:17 pm Hi. My name is Dan, I work with ROLI in support.
Hello, I also have a question please. The payment page clearly states it's possible to pay using Paypal, but no matter what I do, there's no way I can access Paypal payment, it only wants my card. Clicking on the Paypal icon produces nothing, clicking on "pay now" brings me back on the page with an error message about my "card".

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you very much in advance. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Hello. My name is Dan. I work at ROLI. I can confirm for you that we do not accept Paypal. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This graphic that shows that we accept Paypal is currently in the queue to be updated.

DanROLI wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:03 pm Hello. My name is Dan. I work at ROLI. I can confirm for you that we do not accept Paypal. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This graphic that shows that we accept Paypal is currently in the queue to be updated.
OK thank you very much for answering.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

A few more demos showing some expressive MPE sounds and more.

In the demo below you can hear a few expressive MPE presets. These are hybrid woodwinds, reeds, a wavetable viola, and a hybrid trumpet/trombone. These are played on the Seaboard RISE, where the continuous-pressure (PRESS) is the fundamental expressive dimension. Each sound relies on it. These sounds would not be playable on a normal midi keyboard. The first sound has a kind of ethnic vibe about it. These are the type of MPE sounds I like to play the most. Pure noodle-fest! :D
https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... iola-brass

But, if you are not into such delicate sounds, and have an appetite for something more aggressive then check this out.This is a 3-wavetable bass preset taken through all its expressive dimensions. This is also an MPE preset where I am using SLIDE, PRESS, GLIDE, and the 5 macros. One preset but so much sonic variety! Beat courtesy of Tremor.
https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... -demo-beat

This demo has some very special preset made by Yuli Yolo, one of the sound designers who made presets for Equator2. These presets are truly special. All have a percussive tone, without using any percussive samples! So deep and playable. Perfect for game music scoring:
https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... yolo-swift

Lastly, another demo for fans of analogue sounds. Equator2 makes it so easy to layer up to 6 samples, and these (non-MPE) presets do just that. These are what I call 'Fantasy Analog Poly Synths', in that they have a deep analog sound, but do not try to mimic any particular vintage synth. Notice the depth and the organic nature of these. Perfect for Synthwave or Synth Pop:
https://soundcloud.com/electric-himalay ... -selection

Enjoy. There is so much sonic range here. From expressive MPE solo sounds to aggressive wavetable patches and multi-layered analog sounds.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Yikes: "Unfortunately, the $50 [voucher for Roli.com from preordering Lumi Studio] can't be applied to the already discounted Equator2."

Glad I didn't preorder. Really bad "deal" for people who already have Roli Studio and all or most of the "three free expansions" (you don't get to choose which ones, which was not at all obvious from the marketing).

himalaya wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:52 pm A few more demos showing some expressive MPE sounds and more.
Enjoy. There is so much sonic range here. From expressive MPE solo sounds to aggressive wavetable patches and multi-layered analog sounds.
Very nice to hear, thanks for sharing.
Philippe

I really wonder if they have done the math for how much revenue they are going to lose for not taking PayPal. I'll get it started: $99. ROLI -- some folks cannot pay you with a card. I would guess it is a nontrivial number of customers. I love my Seaboard, but smh a lot at this company. Literally *everyone* in this industry takes PayPal.

Background: I am debt free and have no credit cards. My bank (which is a credit union) will not allow payment to your company via the internet on my debit card. This is the first time in maybe 10 years that this has been a problem for me buying audio software.

Noumena wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:52 am Literally *everyone* in this industry takes PayPal.
Not sure if that's really a good thing? I don't like their customer support or their conversion rates and actively avoid using PP when possible. It worries me how tightly integrated they are in almost everything e-commerce related.
Having more options is definitely better.

You can get the Equator2 upgrade from PluginBoutique as they have a PP option if you really need it

Yeah, I've stopped using PP if I can avoid it. They used to be cheaper than using a credit card but now the credit card option is at least as good and I'd rather support my bank than some faceless international corporation.
Last edited by BONES on Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

that's exactly what banks are....

Guys, it takes fortune to download the Equator2 library, and I do have a stable network, jeez...
Downloaded 1GB, still 5 were remaining and I've accidentally clicked the cancel button. Do you know what? It can't pick up from the place it stopped the downloading. So I am starting over.

ROLI, it's a shame you don't have a good CDN... Same with Roli Connect yesterday: 220 freaking mbs were downloading over an hour.

Anyone else got issues with Bitwig? everytime when I save a project and want to load it again Equator 2 does not load properly, it says: Plugin host dies: Could not read async reply: End of stream: Broken pipe.
Then I have to reload the plug-in again. It's quite annoying.
(Melodic)Techno/Progressive house producer from the Netherlands. Check my music on: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5vORZZt2kF31RL3W9gBHvn and follow me on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/madman_j_/

AnX wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 amthat's exactly what banks are....
Maybe yours is but mine is a community owned, not-for-profit bank. The interest rate on my Visa, for example, is 7.99%, not the 22% Amex or Barclays charge.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Gamerock wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:39 amGuys, it takes fortune to download the Equator2 library, and I do have a stable network, jeez...
Downloaded 1GB, still 5 were remaining and I've accidentally clicked the cancel button. Do you know what? It can't pick up from the place it stopped the downloading. So I am starting over.
ROLI, it's a shame you don't have a good CDN... Same with Roli Connect yesterday: 220 freaking mbs were downloading over an hour.
I love how it is Roli's fault that you did something stupid. I got that stuff pretty quickly over my 4G connection. 5GB in maybe 40 minutes, first go. Faster than NI, that's for sure.

Return to “Instruments”