Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:24 pm Free version includes 5 TTWT requests per day, just tried here and it's working.
also NOT working here - osx mojave that is, which also is not able to download anything
(presets, wavetables, LFOs)
fix is coming tomorrow...

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:28 pm
Tannaliini wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:03 pm VitalFactory.JPG
Is the Factory preset bank really only 4 presets?
And I saw a video showing preset bank called "Afro" but I don't seem to have it (in the video he was using the free version, I have the Plus so I think I should have the same ones as in the free version?)?
Also in the video he had something like 7 presets in the Factory bank... :scared:
The "Factory" folder actually only includes Matt's presets, all the other presets are stored in different folders using the designer's name. However I have the free version and I have 7 presets in my factory folder, so it looks like you might be missing a few.
Thanks, so I was correct thinking I'm missing some presets... Strange that some presets did come through though :D

Ok I just tried again and got the same error message when trying to use TTWT. I think the server is just overloaded. I was able to create a WT just a few minutes ago.

KVR has gone down here more times than a two dollar hooker today so maybe there is some broader internet issue.

EDIT: And I just tried again and was able to create a TTWT so yea it's just a server issue at least on Windows machines. I think the Mac version may still have issues until the fix is released tomorrow.
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bought the $25 without demoing figuring that's a reasonable amount of money for a synth that looks this cool, even if I don't like it (I really didn't like Helm - or whatever the other one was called). A few hours later I was in for $55 more to get the full verison! Nice product here overall.

There's some really clever things in this. Some small, some large. I particularly appreciate being able to sort the matrix by column. That's a small but important workflow feature IMO. Helps keep things visually grouped together in a logical way.

A few nitpicky things...

1. No parameter lock (I really hate loud presets and generally want to trim the output low and lock it in place)
2. Doing a simple modwheel to vibrato assignment seems to involve creating more modulations than I'm used to (LFO to one or more tune, then modwheel to modulate that level - not horrid, but not quite as simple as Hive for example)

There is now a 1.0.3 up that is suppose to fix mac download issues.
rsp
sound sculptist

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:07 pm 2. Doing a simple modwheel to vibrato assignment seems to involve creating more modulations than I'm used to (LFO to one or more tune, then modwheel to modulate that level - not horrid, but not quite as simple as Hive for example)
Have you noticed that MW>LFO>Vibrato seems to be a bit "weird" ? I can't really describe it but Vibrato is not as smooth as it is on other synths I own.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am trying to follow this Vital tutorial, but I can't do same things/get same results as from 7:53:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkAMfbT ... e=emb_logo

1. I can't double click on the editor like he does in the video (but I have these huge "dots" in the editor window so maybe he is using older version and this newer one doesn't support double clicking?)
2. My end result looks like this when I'm "browsing" through
MyAttempt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tannaliini wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:15 pm 1. I can't double click on the editor like he does in the video (but I have these huge "dots" in the editor window so maybe he is using older version and this newer one doesn't support double clicking?)
He's using the Line Source. The default is Wave Source, with the big dots. Remove the Wave Source and then add a Line Source and you should be good.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

What's the verdict on the extra content for the most expensive version? I thought the presets that came with the prerelease version were really good so if it's more like that I'll probably upgrade.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

For users with problems to download the content.
Here is a link you can download the content for Vital Free Ver:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25idm1zwnjkp6 ... l.zip?dl=0

Mac:
User>username>music>Vital

Win:
\Documents\Vital

Just extract the zip file .

zvenx wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 pm There is now a 1.0.3 up that is suppose to fix mac download issues.
rsp
YES! :) :) :) :tu:

this one works!

Greenstorm33 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 pm What's the verdict on the extra content for the most expensive version? I thought the presets that came with the prerelease version were really good so if it's more like that I'll probably upgrade.
i'm wondering the same... what are the patches like in the Pro version anyone?

I am going thru them now..... thus far very impressive.....
Someone name Billain whose patches are especially really impressing me too (along with Why why as mentioned before).
rsp
sound sculptist

As a Cubase user, when using shortcuts on the keyboard I also change presets on Vital. Very annoying.

Otherwise, like it a lot. :love:
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

btw,
sorry for my ignorance but what is "Discord perk" ?

Return to “Instruments”