Waveform is muting half the tracks when rendering

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is weird, and only happening on one project. Every time I try to render it out, I only get about three instruments. When I return to the edit, all the missing tracks are at -inf. I'm also getting spurious tempo changes happening.
What is going on?!

What shall I say... you answered the question yourself:
It´s Waveform...
...if there is a dreamland of unexpected bugs and mysteries then you´ll find it there for sure....

That wasn't very helpful.

Trancit wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:18 pm What shall I say... you answered the question yourself:
It´s Waveform...
...if there is a dreamland of unexpected bugs and mysteries then you´ll find it there for sure....
Word.

Reason I still take an interest, is in the hope they'll sort it out. Wish I could enjoy the carcrash somehow, but no, it's just depressing. I would not recommend TW to anyone ATM.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

curtinparloe wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:54 pm That wasn't very helpful.
I know and I am sorry but this is really all one could say...

You should primarily ask in the Tracktion subforum and if you are very very lucky there will be a solution in the next few years...

It´s sad but true... Waveform is such a nice DAW on the paper but in reality it is hardly useable as there are happening so many random bugs which cannot get tracked down... I gave up on V9 and will never look back again...

Well, 've been using 10 for a year or so and this is the first issue I've had.

As I said, I found a workaround.

curtinparloe wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:16 pm Well, 've been using 10 for a year or so and this is the first issue I've had.
Then feel very lucky... not many of Waveform users can tell that!! :tu:
As I said, I found a workaround.
Great for you... enjoy Waveform as I would have loved to but couldn´t!!

curtinparloe wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:16 pm As I said, I found a workaround.
What's the workaround? Did you ever find out what was causing the problem?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 am What's the workaround? Did you ever find out what was causing the problem?
Creating a new edit didn't work, so I copied the audio clips into new tracks and that did the trick.

curtinparloe wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:32 pm Creating a new edit didn't work, so I copied the audio clips into new tracks and that did the trick.
Thank you. That might help someone else with a similar problem who is looking for a solution.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm
curtinparloe wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:32 pm Creating a new edit didn't work, so I copied the audio clips into new tracks and that did the trick.
Thank you. That might help someone else with a similar problem who is looking for a solution.
And I'm going to go try that right now! I'll be back with findings, thank you...

I wonder if deleting the volume plugins would also work.

curtinparloe wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:32 pm
pough wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 am What's the workaround? Did you ever find out what was causing the problem?
Creating a new edit didn't work, so I copied the audio clips into new tracks and that did the trick.
It worked! Copy files to new tracks, hit Export>Render. I just muted whatever I didn't want bounced of course... or you can delete the original tracks you copy from.

Thank you, @curtinparloe!

Yeah I'm probably going to go with cakewalk or reaper once my current project is done.
I have a similar problem. I added volume automation and now those specific tracks are mute when I export the song.
copy/paste didn't work for me.

Hey so i had this problem too and i saw these answers and they didnt really help so i kept messing with waveform and figured out that it was only muting tracks with volume automation on. I managed to fix it by putting the automations on automation tracks instead of on top of the midi tracks, and I also set the initial volume on the automations to 0 but idk if that had any effect.
either way, that fixed it. did your tracks mute for the same reason? would love to know. <3

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”