/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

My Linnstrument arrives tomorrow, so I'll probably end up grabbing Pigments 2 ($49 crossgrade from V collection) for its granular MPE capability. That'll be it for me this year though. Between the Linnstrument and my recent Bitwig acquisition, I'm sure I have enough new things to learn/play around with.

One way to avoid software GAS is to spend your whole budget on hardware instead! :party:

Bought Dune 3 and the Legend

Extremely pleased :)

Buckster wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 pm Bought Dune 3 and the Legend

Extremely pleased :)
I'm seriously considering the Dune 3 upgrade (I have v2) and the Legend at those prices! :hyper:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Legend wasn't even in my radar for BF but saw it could do 8 voice now + tried demo and found it sounded fantastic

Dune 3 was on my BF radar - didn't get on with Dune 2 but I love Dune 3 it sounds fantastic - really like the sound of the filters

Waiting for Adam Szabo's Viper to go on sale. He indicated that there will be a sale before the end of the year although he usually does it around Christmas and not during BF. Probably a small savings but, hey, I'm cheap and only buy what is on sale. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I already loaded on FX, but I kind of lack on instruments, as I tend to like to spend time knowing each synth. I have just Renoise Redux, Largo, Bazille and Waldorf Edition LE2.

I think I lack on the rompler/sampler side and on drum machines (although samples work good for this).

So I'm now thinking about, VirtualCZ + Drumazon for 12€ (no brainer I guess), Granulizer 2, the Korgs, Reaktor6, Dune3, the Legend... this is crazy.

I even need new machine and I see that the 12 core 3900x AMD Ryzens are now around 420€ (almost the same price per core than an AMD 3600). My old Phenom x4 is 10 years old. I guess that one of these is basically God mode on the DAW.

rafa1981 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 pm I even need new machine and I see that the 12 core 3900x AMD Ryzens are now around 420€ (almost the same price per core than an AMD 3600). My old Phenom x4 is 10 years old. I guess that one of these is basically God mode on the DAW.
Better to wait a bit until general availability of the Ryzen 5000 series improves. They're significantly faster per-core (which is very important for DAWs) than the previous Ryzen revisions. That said, the 3000-series won't let you down. I'm still rocking a first-gen Ryzen 1800X and I've never ran into any CPU problems during normal use in my projects. No comparison to a Phenom (I was running a 955BE way back in the past).

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:32 pmBetter to wait a bit until general availability of the Ryzen 5000 series improves. They're significantly faster per-core (which is very important for DAWs) than the previous Ryzen revisions. That said, the 3000-series won't let you down. I'm still rocking a first-gen Ryzen 1800X and I've never ran into any CPU problems during normal use in my projects. No comparison to a Phenom (I was running a 955BE way back in the past).
Sorry for the offtopic.

I want to build the machine during the christmas holidays/boring corona winter, so there is an opportunity cost in waiting.

I already wanted to replace the Phenom some months ago, but I was waiting for the 5000 series just to be left disappointed with the pricing. The 5900 is now 30% more expensive without a cooler, so the real price is around 630€.

Now that I think about it I should vote with my wallet and buy Intel for the first time in my life, provided they cut prices... I had never thought I'd say that after the Spectre exploits. After all I always optimize based on performance per €.

Steinberg Iconica is 50% off.
That's been on my radar for awhile now, but its timing sucks for me.

hibrasil wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 pm cannot quite believe it but VirtualCZ is $10 this year, which I think is a great deal (but i am biased) https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -VirtualCZ
it's three more, innit

IK Uno is only $118 on Amazon ATM!

Schmidi wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:26 am IK Uno is only $118 on Amazon ATM!
Wow ... The price is cheaper than some of the soft synths.

cthonophonic wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:37 pm My Linnstrument arrives tomorrow, so I'll probably end up grabbing Pigments 2 ($49 crossgrade from V collection) for its granular MPE capability. That'll be it for me this year though. Between the Linnstrument and my recent Bitwig acquisition, I'm sure I have enough new things to learn/play around with.

One way to avoid software GAS is to spend your whole budget on hardware instead! :party:
MPE in Pigment is broken at the moment with my Linnstrument. Clearing the prefs didn’t help. They’re aware of the problem and told me to revert to an older version.

fdco wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:53 am MPE in Pigment is broken at the moment with my Linnstrument. Clearing the prefs didn’t help. They’re aware of the problem and told me to revert to an older version.
Ah, well that's unfortunate but good to know, thanks! I suppose I'll have to give it a try, but maybe I'll end up saving that money after all.

There is a new MIDI pack full of chord progressions. It's like Unison's by way less expensive: the introductory price / black friday deal is only 3.99$. Is also twice more files than Unison.

You can get it here: https://midipack.mistiq.info/

Return to “Instruments”