Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 am I installed the (almost) free version this morning, before I went to work, and I couldn't make the filters work properly. No matter what settings I used, I got no resonance at all. The little pictograph moves to make it look like it's working but sonically there is nothing. Is something broken or am I doing something wrong?
You're grabbing the little white bar on the far right of the filter right? And you see the edge of the filter lift upward when you move it around? You're sure the right oscillator is routed to that particular filter? If yes to all of these, then yeah I'm not sure. Resonance works fine on my end.

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 am I installed the (almost) free version this morning, before I went to work, and I couldn't make the filters work properly. No matter what settings I used, I got no resonance at all. The little pictograph moves to make it look like it's working but sonically there is nothing. Is something broken or am I doing something wrong?
Works here. Did you try the ladder filter? :P

is it possible to download all presets from discord preset-renders channel at once ?

To the dev.

The resizing on mac seems off.
When you select 400% it’s still small.

Also, when you drag the bottom corner to resize it’s really glitchy and slow.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:23 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 am same issue, Windows Defender deletes on arrival.
Is it the free version ? If so can you run it through Virus Total just to be sure ?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload
yes, free version
url looks clean, the file gets deleted on arrival, so I cannot test it
Last edited by Danilo Villanova on Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

double post

Vital makes me want to see a:

"One Patch" Challenge:

One Patch.
One Track.
One Minute.
Unlimited Automation.
Nothing else.
Have you tried Vital?

In the preset browser. Once I've clicked into a folder it seems impossible to unselect to go back to seeing all presets. There's no root folder option, just selecting a different folder.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:02 am Even when moving the Vertical Res Slider ?
Vital 112420-3 .png
Correct. When I reduce the cutoff the sound is definitely being filtered, so I know the routing is correct, but moving the resonance slider has zero effect on the sound no matter which filter type I select (Ladder included). I even set up envelope modulation on the filter to try and coax a response but got nothing. This was using Filter 1, I didn't have time to do any more before I had to get to work.

What I did notice is that the mod matrix is very basic. The destination choice is just "Filter 1", which affects cutoff only. So no modulating the resonance amount or Drive value or anything else. Still, what can you expect for free?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Also about half the fonts look terrible. The lines are too thin or the anti aliasing needs to be stronger.

This is with it at 100% but it even looks bad (although marginally better) at 400%

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.36.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.36.43 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Resonance works fine here. Not sure what's happening there. :shrug:

Are you moving the horizontal slider below the Filter display not the one above ?
BONES wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:36 am What I did notice is that the mod matrix is very basic. The destination choice is just "Filter 1", which affects cutoff only. So no modulating the resonance amount or Drive value or anything else. Still, what can you expect for free?
Vital 112420-4 .png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

btfnk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am Also about half the fonts look terrible. The lines are too thin or the anti aliasing needs to be stronger.

This is with it at 100% but it even looks bad (although marginally better) at 400%
Looks fine here (the image is fuzzier here than it is in actual). :shrug:

Vital 112420-5 .png
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@matt/ aka dev

some ideas...:

undo/redo
an undo/redo button would be nice
even better with history - think arturia pigments

ENV
copy/paste of ENV/ENV settings
i.e.:
i want to copy ENV1 to ENV4 and alter ENV4 slightly

LFO has a copy/paste functionality via right-click

copy/paste of OSC settings

as soon as i use the modwheel,
i get the asterisk-preset-has-changed in the preset-filebrowser
doesn't seem correct to me

btfnk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 am Also about half the fonts look terrible. The lines are too thin or the anti aliasing needs to be stronger.
What screen resolution are you using?

so... serum / vital name closeness...

S V (3 letters forward)
E I (1 vowel forward)
R T (2 letters forward)
U A (1 vowel forward)
M L (1 letter back)

and of course... Tytel / Vital

ok, back to your regularly scheduled whatever...

Return to “Instruments”