SynthMaster v2.9.9 RC (Rev 10237) released: NOT a minor update though! ;)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kv331 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:04 pm
accessdune3 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:55 pm Nope, I have 0 favorited patches
The bold displays on author name, instrument type, attributes list are metadata of the loaded preset. I guess it was italic but then I switched to bold, don't remember why.

The bold display on the preset list is an indication of favourite preset. Please double check FavouritePresets.txt file under /Documents/SynthMaster
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:04 pm
accessdune3 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:55 pm Nope, I have 0 favorited patches
The bold displays on author name, instrument type, attributes list are metadata of the loaded preset.

The bold display on the preset list is an indication of favourite preset. Please double check FavouritePresets.txt file under /Documents/SynthMaster
Hi! Thank you, and sorry, that was my bad :roll: :roll:

@ Bulent. The wavetables are all in serum format. I had SM 2.9 and everything worked there. For SM 2.9.9 I did a clean installation but after dragging a folder with serum wave tables into the wave window of SM 2.9.9 nothing happened.
The same wavetables work in SM One 1.4.2 without any problems.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 pm @ Bulent. The wavetables are all in serum format. I had SM 2.9 and everything worked there. For SM 2.9.9 I did a clean installation but after dragging a folder with serum wave tables into the wave window of SM 2.9.9 nothing happened.
The same wavetables work in SM One 1.4.2 without any problems.
After hearing about this crash, I downloaded wavetables from :

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/ ... load_link/

WAV files that have lengths in multiples of 2048 -> did NOT crash, all imported.
WAV files that are samples, i.e. length not in multiple of 2048, have loop/start end points -> those caused a crash, I will debug this. I also have to decide how to treat such samples? a) import as samples only b) import as samples and as single cycle waveforms if their loop lengths are acceptable.
Works at KV331 Audio

Guys, I have a new update for SynthMaster 2.9.9 Beta (Revision 10105). The following issues were fixed in this update:

1. FIX: Distortion effect is not initialized correctly when instantiated
2. FIX: Satyatunes Tranquil Blue skin fonts are missing
3. FIX: SynthMaster plugin window takes too much time to load
4. FIX: Easy labels don't display values in Satyatunes skins
Works at KV331 Audio

SamDi wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:38 am I would love SM very much as goto synth, I like even the old GUI, if it would not be buggy as hell. Wanted to check if something improved, but found 1st bug after 1 min. Do init patch, then Inserting distortion as FX (seems to play no role, if layer or bus), activating it and cranking drive leads to no sound. Deactivating distortion brings sound back, but distortion module is smashed then.
Thank you for reporting this issue. It's now fixed in rev 10105.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:12 pm Guys, I have a new update for SynthMaster 2.9.9 Beta (Revision 10105). The following issues were fixed in this update:

1. FIX: Distortion effect is not initialized correctly when instantiated
2. FIX: Satyatunes Tranquil Blue skin fonts are missing
3. FIX: SynthMaster plugin window takes too much time to load
4. FIX: Easy labels don't display values in Satyatunes skins
Thank you.
Let me go download and install.
rsp
sound sculptist

I can confirm that the Distortion issue and the Easy Labels have indeed been fixed.
rsp
sound sculptist

Also Bulent I had asked earlier.
Is there a reason why the left over Favourites is still there?
(and of course why some patches that I didn't tagged are tagged as such?)

thanks
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

got some question... sometimes i got the problem when using 2 osc or maybe a mod for an osc the octave thing seems to be out of tune and instead i have to use 11 semitones in the coarse tune. anybody else noticed this? or is something fault on my side?

accessdune3 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:47 pm that font thing did a trick. Organ sound still doesnt work, but randomly it worked one time using blue skin, after that doesnt work anymore.

Anyways:
1. why some of the names in the browser are in bold (blackened?) FIXED (my own mistake)
2. I see mallet instrument name overalping NOT FIXED
3. Why string and mallet instrument need own subgroup? it looks unorganized NOT FIXED
4. Blue skin browser background gives eye fatigue, way too bright. NOT FIXED
5. FX and preset sections in blue skin are somewhat wrong color? NOT FIXED
Ok i pointed out the bugs that has been fixed with the latest version. Also i added other ones i found and some i mentioned that are not fixed.

New bugs:

6. Not all sounds playing, particulary organ NOT FIXED
7. Circle's top and bottom (Layer 1/2, FX, browser, preset, shop) are being cut. NOT FIXED
8. Settings panel in blue skin uses dark skin background NOT FIXED
9. Oscillator presets are broken NOT FIXED
10. Info panel in blue skin uses dark skin background NOT FIXED

Xbucket wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 am got some question... sometimes i got the problem when using 2 osc or maybe a mod for an osc the octave thing seems to be out of tune and instead i have to use 11 semitones in the coarse tune. anybody else noticed this? or is something fault on my side?
It works here, but maybe i imagine but it seems sensitivity is increased when trying to lower or put up oscillator by one octave? i seriously had a really hard time setting octaves. Its either 2 semitones too low or 1 semitone too high :lol: Synthmaster needs some snapping on octaves.

P.s. Bulent, is there ability to download older versions like 2.5, 2.6?

Xbucket wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:00 am got some question... sometimes i got the problem when using 2 osc or maybe a mod for an osc the octave thing seems to be out of tune and instead i have to use 11 semitones in the coarse tune. anybody else noticed this? or is something fault on my side?
Try using mouse scroll wheel to edit the coarse tune parameter. or if editing with mouse, press shift key for precise editing.
Works at KV331 Audio

accessdune3 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:44 am 6. Not all sounds playing, particulary organ NOT FIXED
7. Circle's top and bottom (Layer 1/2, FX, browser, preset, shop) are being cut. NOT FIXED
Thanks, will look into those!

Just to make sure though, is your build number 10105?

Thanks
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:51 am
accessdune3 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:44 am 6. Not all sounds playing, particulary organ NOT FIXED
Thanks, will look into those!

Just to make sure though, is your build number 10105?

Thanks
Thank you :-) yes that's the one I'm using now.

Return to “Instruments”