EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

fromoutwest
KVRer
2 posts since 9 Jul, 2020

Post Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:26 am

alexpen wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:41 am
Is somebody succeeded to run Mac VST on MacOs Catalina?
Yes. Not sure which DAW you're trying to use with, but if with Logic Pro X, the only way I found is to load via the NI Komplete Kontrol wrapper (if you have it). Works perfectly.

Regarding the preferences file (PG-8X.ini), it doesn't get created in the VST folder (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST) automatically with this setup. You will need to either create manually, or what I did is just launch the Mac Desktop version which will create it for you. Then, copy into the VST folder where you can edit from that point forward.

Superotto
KVRer
1 posts since 20 Nov, 2020

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 am

Hi,

how can I change a program name in PG-8X?
I have click on the program name and a white field occurs. I can edit a new name, but this one was not stored.
What about the WRITE function?

Superotto.

ryukikass
KVRer
1 posts since 25 Nov, 2020

Post Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:28 am

Hi all, I downloaded the "JX-8P Original Banks" in the KVR patch section but patches 1-32 are the INIT sound despite the names being the correct original/factory presets. The rest of the patches 33 and up are working. Anyone know what the issue is?

EvilDragon
KVRAF
21003 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:46 am

That's how data is stored in JX-8P sysex, I think. The first 32 patches are factory ROM ones, the rest is user banks.

e-crooner
Suspended
2946 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 am

Funny, a sequence of three new-user virgin posts :hihi:

Teksonik
KVRAF
14653 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:50 am

That is weird. Could of course just be coincidence but it does kind of smell funny.... :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Marakas
KVRer
2 posts since 9 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:48 am

Hi - This is a great plug in, and it seems to work fine in Reason. I downloaded the factory presets as a sysex file from this site; and while I can open and play them (thanks to the video!), the first few are all the same sound (with different names) - the one I am after is "08-Voices" - if anyone has a sysex file of that and could post here?

The random feature is great and has lead me to some tasty patches - although you do have to be patient sometimes!!

surreal
KVRAF
1785 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:50 am

Vjeckong tjis

e-crooner
Suspended

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:46 am

Yet another virgin post there :hihi:
I really wonder if it is always the same person...

Teksonik
KVRAF
14653 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:55 am

Well that one joined almost a year ago and waited till today to make his first post but it shows he was last active on Dec 9 2019 the day he joined. That's a bit odd.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

garliccorgi
KVRer
21 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:33 am

Could be Martin Luders engaging in guerilla marketing...........well I downloaded the factory banks a while ago and always wondered about that myself so that's handy. That reference to a video makes me actually think someone must have done a free VST of the week showcase and some intrepid posters decided to ask some questions

AnX
KVRAF
8856 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:54 am

so new users can't post?

get a life :roll:

e-crooner
Suspended

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Of course they can. But the string of virgin posts in this thread is striking, that's all I am saying...

planetearth
KVRAF
1876 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Post Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:04 pm

I really don't think that people who post once after signing up a year ago are an issue. Isn't the real issue here that the developer hasn't come back to address any of these bugs/problems or answer any questions in more than 18 months? I don't see why Martin would engage in "guerilla marketing" or what that might gain him when the last several pages of this thread are about problems with the plug-in. As it is, we're all trying to help each other, but we're more or less like the blind leading the...well, not so blind. We can't actually fix things, so we're kind of stuck helping each other with work-arounds -- though I do appreciate the help that many have offered here!

Martin certainly doesn't owe us anything at this point, but just popping back on here to say "Right, that's all. I'm not working on this anymore, it is what it is!" would certainly help some people who are either waiting for answers or fixes to fairly problematic issues, or just want to thank him for what he's done with it so far.

I think it's a great plug-in, and while I'd like to see a few things fixed, they're not show-stoppers for me. Others may have different opinions, of course. But at any rate, if you're reading these, Martin, thanks for the plug-in and all you've done on it so far! :)

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.

Return to “Instruments”