New - OpZilla FM Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got this in my mail

https://www.2getheraudio.com/instruments/opzilla

Just listened to the audio demos, seems interesting (and very accessible)

That looks very interesting and even affordable for less wealthy people like me! :)

(Much) better than the Toxic Biohazard FM synth that I have :?:

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Cool

I just got me a real fm monster , TG77 !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

There are 4 sizes for the GUI. Normal fits pretty well at 1920x1080, Larger is way too big and Huge must be for 4k Monitors or drive in theaters and Smaller is I suppose for laptops.

Although I'm well sorted for FM synths this one sounds pretty good. I might pick it up but it has a choose your price slider and I'd be in at the lower end of the price scale.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's a fun little synth, the sound is brighter and seems deeper than something like Dexed (not a great fan to be honest) to me. The added attack samples are nice, reminds me of those late 80s synths (d50 etc).

Well, I've played with OpZilla for half an hour, and I gotta say I'm really impressed (and surprised, as their other synths didn't caught me). I really like the sound.
I think I'll be buying it, but it's worth noting that I've already faced a bug while changing presets, and I don't think this company is known for its support. Besides, there are some drawbacks in the GUI as well.
Anyway, can't ask too much for that price!

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm I think I'll be buying it, but it's worth noting that I've already faced a bug while changing presets
was it the 'invalid native object' error? I got that a few times, seems like there's a hardcoded path somewhere so was going to forward it to them.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:41 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm Well, I've played with OpZilla for half an hour, and I gotta say I'm really impressed (and surprised, as their other synths didn't caught me). I really like the sound.
I think I'll be buying it, but it's worth noting that I've already faced a bug while changing presets, and I don't think this company is known for its support. Besides, there are some drawbacks in the GUI as well.
Anyway, can't ask too much for that price!
Is it really like that? I would not spend a cent if their business would be to make plugins for a relatively low (ofc I decide) price and then leave then abandon them... But when I think about the staff of the company I somehow cannot believe it.

Did you tried to reach in a support ticket? Or to post bugs and stuff in their Subforum?
viewtopic.php?f=295&t=556332
No, sorry, I don't want to be that unfair. I checked all their other released products at kvr, and all of them were still at 1.0 version (hard to believe not a single one needed to have a bug fix, but maybe I'm wrong?).
Also, I didn't see any clear support channel. But again, I bought OpZilla anyway, and don't regret it!

GaryG wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:36 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm I think I'll be buying it, but it's worth noting that I've already faced a bug while changing presets
was it the 'invalid native object' error? I got that a few times, seems like there's a hardcoded path somewhere so was going to forward it to them.
Yes, that one. I also had a bug when changed the GUI size to "small" (the windows frame remained at "normal" size)

Hi folks. Thanks for all the comments. We've got a few reports of a scripting error appearing so just want to let you all know we're looking into it now (even though its a holiday). Once we can get a reproducible case (which is always the tricky part) we think it will be a quick fix. An update notice will be posted on our social channels, email list and KVR forums.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:55 am Very buggy. Have to close 4 error pop-ups every time I change a preset, and around 10-12 error pop-ups every time I change the FM algorithm. Also in FL Studio it displays itself above other windows even when the setting to do that is disabled. Pretty much unusable at the moment.
I can confirm the error pop ups in FL Studio 20.7 when changing Algos but not when changing presets. Perhaps this will help. Error when changing Algos:

Opzilla 112620-1.png

Also of note I don't get the error pop ups in Cakewalk,Reaper, or Orion when changing Algos so it appears to be an issue in FL Studio.

I do not get the "displays itself above other windows" issue. Opzilla seems to perform as all other plugins do (when set to "Detached")

Win 10 64 bit. FL Studio and Opzilla 64 bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”