Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

PsyTrance... For sure this is a great synth
Tried a supersaw though.... OOF The sound doesn't do well though for unique pads and filtering it can make some amazing pads

If people like Andrew Huang recommend anything it's only because they got paid for it. These kind of Youtubers are nothing more than money grabbers.

MuzikFreq wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 am PsyTrance... For sure this is a great synth
Tried a supersaw though.... OOF The sound doesn't do well though for unique pads and filtering it can make some amazing pads
The default saw is a tad obnoxious imo, have you tried using a different one. Also forgive me for assuming your ignorance, but did you play around with the unison settings in the Advanced tab? By default it has a 2 semitone range and is superwide, which for me at least, is way over the top. If you haven't played around with these settings, maybe give it a go and see if it changes your mind :)
Always Read the Manual!

MuzikFreq wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 am PsyTrance... For sure this is a great synth
Some psy sounds I made yesterday evening

https://vocaroo.com/141j7Y6zSgyy

No musical value, no mixing, just random farts :D
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:55 am just random farts :D
You are a man of culture I see :hihi:
Always Read the Manual!

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:36 am
fisherKing wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:21 amthat's an unbelievable comment. that's like saying, 'this eq plugins sucks because it doesn't do reverb'.
No, it is not and only a complete moron would suggest otherwise. EQ plugins don't have reverbs in them, whereas Vital has three filters in its signal path. They just aren't very good and there is no way around that. If the intent is that it's not for subtractive synthesis, why are they there at all? And three of them, FFS!
these is never anything wrong with a plugin that excels at what it excels at. i won't use sylenth1, for example, if i want a piano sound, or dune3 for something i can do better in zebra2 (& vice versa).
So what do you do when you get to a point where you realise that what your patch needs is a nice, long filter sweep and Vital can't deliver? I also use different synths for different purposes but I expect them all to be able to do the basics. Vital can't manage that, where all the other wavetable synths I own can, so why would I bother with Vital?
i can't figure out what you're so angry about (in general), but, just for what it is, vital is awesome.
It's OK but there are better options out there. It's probably worth what they are asking for it but if it was the same price as Serum or DUNE, no-one would buy it. Similarly, if you already have Serum or DUNE or Avenger or any one of a dozen other expensive synths that do Wavetables, why would you bother with this?
if it's not for you, that's fine; you made your point; now give it a rest, and let us continue to have an intelligent discussion about it. :dog:
It's not a discussion, and it's far from intelligent, if you only accept points of view that align with your own? That's just a circle-jerk and, as such, a complete waste of everyone's time. The fact that you seem unable to see that says a lot about how much of your intellect you engage before joining in. Like most of the commentors here, you're just riding along on the hype train, parroting what everyone else has said and accepting the truth of it without question. It's pathetic.
You are possibly the most bitter and miserable person I have ever found online. How miserable your life must be to insult people like that? How weak and lonely are you in real life that you must act out in a forum to feel powerful? Do you actually think that somebody buys that you are a “tough guy”? Everyone can see a weak man-child with daddy issues when they see one. You sad, sad poor excuse of a man.

Jkist wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:32 am
layzer wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:31 am
Paree wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:24 pm
layzer wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:19 pm account required to get the free version? no thanks. that
tells me alot about your business model already, PASS.
i'll stick with SURGE.
I read that you use windows xp, so it doesn't work for you anyway.
yeah, more the reason to pass it up.
still pass if i was on win20 30 or whatever
Well nothing is truly free in life is it ;) you must know by now
surge is, dl and use it, no BS.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:22 am
You are possibly the most bitter and miserable person I have ever found online.
never been to gearslutz? :lol:

fisherKing wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:10 pm
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm Ah ok thanks guys. I'm totally offline so presets are a no go for me. Oh well
check out 'the internet' (where you're posting). you can connect to it, and download presets, just as you downloaded vital itself (really; if you can download the synth, can't you work out to download the presets? you could download them somewhere, then copy that file to your offline computer...)???
There is no way to download presets from the Vital site AFAIK.

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:43 am
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm Ah ok thanks guys. I'm totally offline so presets are a no go for me. Oh well
check out 'the internet' (where you're posting). you can connect to it, and download presets, just as you downloaded vital itself (really; if you can download the synth, can't you work out to download the presets? you could download them somewhere, then copy that file to your offline computer...)???
Usually you can "tether" your computer to the internet connection of your phone via WIFI?
But some pages ago somebody posted the free content as a download, so maybe that's an option
When the dust settles, maybe you can contact Matt and ask him for a direct download.
Or if you have a laptop, use a public hotspot somewhere?
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Reefius wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:44 am If people like Andrew Huang recommend anything it's only because they got paid for it. These kind of Youtubers are nothing more than money grabbers.
You pay a youtuber for free synth, makes sense from a business perspective.

Not talking about other products, just Vital
EDIT: Just to make it clear, i agree with you, but Vital is not one of them. The buzz around Vital is just how good the synth is for its price (Free or Even Paid)
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:43 am
You can ask Matt in vital forum and he may consider it
Last edited by Paree on Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Vital will find it's place for sure,same was with Serum,Massive,Sylenth1...it's not just another synth,probably most intuitive and flexible vst synth build last decade.
Discussion about filters and character is same like Serum,too sterile,too precise so on...may developer implement more 'analogish' tricks with next updates,if user's request it - non of 'analog' vst's is actually analog so topic digital vs analog is more subjective opinion vs opinion than real thing.
In another topic i was blamed to be troll(to my own topic hahahha)pointing the fact that all vst's are digital ,just some have more 'analogish' character than other,which may be also could be achieved with 'digital' synth if man put some 'magic' or 'right' fx on the track.
With two words Vital is fresh release in vst universe.
Cheers :)

I did a saw pad yesterday,actually 7-8 variations and most impressive was how easy free edition make cool stuff :)
Filters are nice, 'fresh' if have to describe them with my words, but what makes me like it is how smooth every added function works.

i make mostly pop/hip hop, and am using vital all over the place. am eq'ing a lot, but, i do that with all my synths.

am not worried about what isn't true for vital, i just... like it. a lot, and am using it where it works... just like any other tool in my arsenal.

if someone doesn't like it, and has a point to make, they should speak up. that's how discussion works. but if you don't like it and rant & rave endlessly about it, that's not discussion, it's just juvenile behavior; can't have any of that on kvr... :D

fisherKing wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:48 pm .../... if you don't like it and rant & rave endlessly about it, that's not discussion, it's just juvenile behavior; can't have any of that on kvr... :D
Right :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”