What are your "must-have" Plugin Alliance plugins now that they are $29 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nothing. They have had 29$ plugin a couple of times already this year.

medienhexer wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:34 pm I‘ve tried many but couldn‘t find a better Compressor for the Master than the Alpha Comp.
thanks, I'm demoing this now, getting some good results. Might go for it.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

gondii wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:41 pm The ones that have been worth it for me:
Metric AB
Shadow HiIlls Class A
DSP DSM V-3
Vertigo VSM-3
bx_townhouse
Black Box
Triad/Lion and UA stuff in general
bx_oberhausen
Shadow HiIlls Class A is not in current promo, but your list is very good!

Daimonicon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:13 pm Nothing. They have had 29$ plugin a couple of times already this year.
sometimes even less if you wait a $39 sale and have a $25 voucher...

I wouldn't want to live without:-

Metric AB
BX_Townhouse
BX_Digital V3
SPL Iron
Black Box

Argh, I just bought R4 and was sure that that would be my BF spending this year, but Blackbox for 29 bucks is tempting.
I wanted to like their Channel strips, as I am still on the search for the perfect channel strip, but I found the GUIs ugly and uninspiring.
Bought the Lindell 80 recently at the last 29,- sale and that one I quite like.

waltercruz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:07 pmShadow HiIlls Class A is not in current promo, but your list is very good!
True. It wasn't excluded during a $29 sale in February, so that's when I got it. Seems I lucked out :)

Bought Blackbox. Yes, I am weak. Sue me...

If anyone wants to buy Knifonium, I’m selling it :)

Metric AB is the best.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

I would strongly recommend that those considering Blackbox also give Spectre a demo. It's also on sale at the moment for only $20 more and I think it's a lot more useful.

My most-used PA plugins are bx_opto, nvelope, Thorn, Opticom XLA-3, G8, Dent 2, ADA Flanger. I'm experimenting with VSC-2 and IRON at the moment. These are good plugins, but all of them have good alternatives.

bx_subsynth doesn't really have a direct alternative and is useful. SpecOps also does some unusual things nicely.

None of these are "the expensive ones" so better deals will come along occasionally.

Metric A/B is an insane deal at this price. It improved my workflow with referencing immensely and has so many little details that are thoughtfully designed and make it a pleasure to use.

a_frikn_squirrel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:18 pm Metric A/B is an insane deal at this price. It improved my workflow with referencing immensely and has so many little details that are thoughtfully designed and make it a pleasure to use.
How does it compare with the referencing in Ozone?
I watched a video on MetricAB, it looked to have many layers to it.

MasterTuner wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:30 pm
a_frikn_squirrel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:18 pm Metric A/B is an insane deal at this price. It improved my workflow with referencing immensely and has so many little details that are thoughtfully designed and make it a pleasure to use.
How does it compare with the referencing in Ozone?
I watched a video on MetricAB, it looked to have many layers to it.
I have both and haven't touched Ozone for referencing since I got Metric A/B. With Ozone it felt like it was up to me to identify the differences, but Metric has a bunch of tools to help. Band isolation, gain adjustment (for comparing a mastered track vs a not mastered track), lots of different views with very useful visual feedback to help you compare things like stereo spread and levels, saving reference tracks in MetricAb so I can easily cycle through different reference tracks.

All that being said, it didn't have a steep learning curve and was very intuitive for me to learn. Every time I go back to it, I discover a new feature that I fold into the workflow.

a_frikn_squirrel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:39 pm I have both and haven't touched Ozone for referencing since I got Metric A/B. With Ozone it felt like it was up to me to identify the differences, but Metric has a bunch of tools to help. Band isolation, gain adjustment (for comparing a mastered track vs a not mastered track), lots of different views with very useful visual feedback to help you compare things like stereo spread and levels, saving reference tracks in MetricAb so I can easily cycle through different reference tracks.

All that being said, it didn't have a steep learning curve and was very intuitive for me to learn. Every time I go back to it, I discover a new feature that I fold into the workflow.
Hmm, I think this thread I started might cost me some money. 8)
I added Elysia and MetricAB to my most wanted list. I just watched a couple more videos on MetricAB, love the Stereo image comparison and the way you can select bands, and how you want to see them.
I think PA has another code coming tomorrow, the 27th. 2/3.
I bought SPL Vitalizer a couple of days ago.

Return to “Effects”