VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

^
You can keep using Ohmboyz which is superior in terms of patch morphing
Amazon: why not use an alternative

jjdejong0 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:59 am Quick question, does the new version come with the old presets from the original ohm boys?

Please let me know thanks, it’s so crap they don’t have a demo so I can check this myself :(
no. it's a different plug in so the presets aren't compatible.

Btw just saw: Infinity Crossgrade price is now 89€ for Ohmboyz owners.

If there was a demo I would at least want to see what I'm missing.

In my eyes this looks there's no interest in keeping customers with this behavior, which is sad, because
I think they could do great and have done in the past.

The thing is I'm looking for a more complex delay and will probably buy LateReplies with Axiom next (which has a good demo and customer support).

dermage wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:28 pm Btw just saw: Infinity Crossgrade price is now 89€ for Ohmboyz owners.

If there was a demo I would at least want to see what I'm missing.

In my eyes this looks there's no interest in keeping customers with this behavior, which is sad, because
I think they could do great and have done in the past.

The thing is I'm looking for a more complex delay and will probably buy LateReplies with Axiom next (which has a good demo and customer support).
I upgraded when it looked like they released an official version... but it was a trick. Still in alpha, though on the product page is doesn’t mention that at all. I honestly feel like they purposely made it look ready when it wasn’t. I had a bug where I couldn’t get it to accept my license and they were amazingly slow to help, and even then insisted that I must have been adding in a space or something. In hindsight, it was a mistake to upgrade. Whatever Ohmboyz once was as a company, they’re not it anymore. I finally got v 0.0.7 to work... that was in early November and almost two months later and not a peep about further development.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Why are they charging high prices for some plugins that are like 15 years old? Also their website barely works on my phone.

Bongs

leeleema wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:55 pmBongs
:lol:

hello?

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:35 pmhello?
:D

vurt, you really need to get in there as a consultant and show them they can be productive as well as doing a few doobies/bongs :)

leeleema wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 pm vurt, you really need to get in there as a consultant and show them they can be productive as well as doing a few doobies/bongs :)
define "productive" :)

:hihi:

v0.0.9 is now available in user accounts - It's a release candidate they say. Getting there... :P
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Greaaat. Downloaded, installed it, fired up Studio One and it erased the last version & now I cannot find the new version and it makes a noise I've never heard before when I rescan plugins on start up.

On Windows 10. That's a first for any plugin I've attempted to install.

nusound mind wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:28 pm Greaaat. Downloaded, installed it, fired up Studio One and it erased the last version & now I cannot find the new version and it makes a noise I've never heard before when I rescan plugins on start up.

Oh, I’m sure they’ll fix all that as soon as they complete the ultimate illustration of a cat in a space suit.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:38 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:28 pm Greaaat. Downloaded, installed it, fired up Studio One and it erased the last version & now I cannot find the new version and it makes a noise I've never heard before when I rescan plugins on start up.

Oh, I’m sure they’ll fix all that as soon as they complete the ultimate illustration of a cat in a space suit.
That's at the top of the list. Well, 2nd. Ohmforce to-do list: 1) bongs; 2) cat in a space suit illustration; 3) other 'cool' illustrations; 4) make website look nice; 5) pop up on KVR randomly and make specific date-based empty promises; ... 10) release a full release version of Ohmboyz Infinity, after what is it now, 3 years after people have paid for it?

Return to “Effects”