How's FL Studio 20?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xbitz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm IL has to keep the customers to buy other kinds of stuff from IL's shop the main product is the bait,
Except they only released some soundpacks in the last years. Most of their income is from new customers according to them.

Blaster wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:29 am
xbitz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm IL has to keep the customers to buy other kinds of stuff from IL's shop the main product is the bait,
Except they only released some soundpacks in the last years. Most of their income is from new customers according to them.
No, they released some other stuff as well. A multiband frequency splitter (very nice btw), FLEX, they updated a couple of native IL plugins..
Apart from this; i think they mostly directed their attention to FLS itself. It got a lot of beta's and updates the past 2 years, with some great improvements

I'm actually really impressed with FLEX just out of the box. It's a really easy to use instrument with a really nice selection of sounds.

I'm still considering all plugins deal and my time is running out. But most of those plugins are 10 years or 5 years old? Is there a possibility for updates in the future? Toxic Biohazard for example looks like 2004 :)

It's my favorite DAW. I use it since v.3. The lifetime free update is a big plus. And the workflow is fine too. Use the DAW you want; if you know your DAW, you can build a nice workflow in every DAW.

Performance is not up to date. And the coding is not "industry standard" (see PDC, how to handle Buffers...).

Lazarus451 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm I'm still considering all plugins deal and my time is running out. But most of those plugins are 10 years or 5 years old? Is there a possibility for updates in the future? Toxic Biohazard for example looks like 2004 :)
Yes Biohazard is one of the oldest and many instruments/FX are also old.

You can find a nice review of all the synths here:
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... ments.html

But the killer app on the instruments side of course is Harmor. For the others you need to decide if they are worth the upgrade price for you.

I did it the last days and do not (yet) regret, it was a steal. I assume/hope that the all plugins bundle is going to include also future plugins, thus you should be on the safe side, always to have/get some modern stuff...

All of their synths are being updated every now and then.. They just don't advertise about it.

Just see the 20.8 RC1 that's out. Can't wait for FL Studio 21. Already seen some teasers that brought happy tears.

exmatproton wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:46 pm
No, they released some other stuff as well. A multiband frequency splitter (very nice btw), FLEX, they updated a couple of native IL plugins..
Apart from this; i think they mostly directed their attention to FLS itself. It got a lot of beta's and updates the past 2 years, with some great improvements
Yes and those are all free updates. I was referring to the main product is bait thing for the shop. There's nothing much released for that except a few FLEX soundpacks. I could have worded a bit better...

Blaster wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:39 pm
exmatproton wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:46 pm
Yes and those are all free updates. I was referring to the main product is bait thing for the shop. There's nothing much released for that except a few FLEX soundpacks. I could have worded a bit better...
Ow sure. I get you. :tu:

SamDi wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:33 pm
Lazarus451 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm I'm still considering all plugins deal and my time is running out. But most of those plugins are 10 years or 5 years old? Is there a possibility for updates in the future? Toxic Biohazard for example looks like 2004 :)
Yes Biohazard is one of the oldest and many instruments/FX are also old.

You can find a nice review of all the synths here:
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... ments.html

But the killer app on the instruments side of course is Harmor. For the others you need to decide if they are worth the upgrade price for you.

I did it the last days and do not (yet) regret, it was a steal. I assume/hope that the all plugins bundle is going to include also future plugins, thus you should be on the safe side, always to have/get some modern stuff...
Thanks! Bought it. That review was good and interesting. I read some of it.

Votox wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:58 pm It's my favorite DAW. I use it since v.3. The lifetime free update is a big plus. And the workflow is fine too. Use the DAW you want; if you know your DAW, you can build a nice workflow in every DAW.

Performance is not up to date. And the coding is not "industry standard" (see PDC, how to handle Buffers...).
Speaking of PDC it's better than Ableton at least right?

@ Tooneba

I never worked with Live. I don't know, sorry.

I sold my UAD 1 (!) 10 years ago. Because FLs PDC was so terrible. Last year I was interested in UAD 2 and asked the IL support, if there are problems with UAD cards. They told me in other words: "Don't buy a UAD 2". 10 years of time...nothing changed.

But I love the FL Flow. Thats why I'm still on FL.

Votox wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:32 pm @ Tooneba

I never worked with Live. I don't know, sorry.

I sold my UAD 1 (!) 10 years ago. Because FLs PDC was so terrible. Last year I was interested in UAD 2 and asked the IL support, if there are problems with UAD cards. They told me in other words: "Don't buy a UAD 2". 10 years of time...nothing changed.

But I love the FL Flow. Thats why I'm still on FL.
Especially in the last year there were very important PDC updates and imho today FLS´s PDC works better than Live´s so if you want to go the UAD trap there should be (nearly) no limit anymore...

^^^ function overwhelming isn't too big problems generally, shortkeys are assigned the most used ones anyway http://soundpeaks.net/blog/cubase-hotkeys-with-examples
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”