Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 am It’s $188 for a crossgrade at Best Service.

Nice! Best Service has the Professional version update at $98.71, plus you get a free product from one of these:

Halls of Fame 3 - R-880
Halls of Fame 3 - LEX 96L
Halls of Fame 3 - TC 600C
Voyager Drums LE
Ozone 9 Elements
Chris Hein Chromatic Harmonica Lite

^ That's about 30 quid more than what it cost me to upgrade from 3.56 to version 4.0, which contained far more for the buck. I bought a new synth instead.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

AudioDeluxe seems to be the best option for the upgrade right ? $104 plus you get $10 back in points so effectively $94

Is Black Friday the only time they've ever done 50% sales in the past ? I'm wondering if it's worth waiting for another sale hoping it goes better than 30% (seems odd this is the first BF they didn't do 50%) I've managed to plod along with 4 just fine so far so I don't "need" the upgrade so no harm waiting a little longer I guess

I got a question: since S1 doesn't have generators or envelope followers to write automation, is there any workaround or software to do this? The draw function templates are a bit limited in their application. That's the only thing I'm personally missing from S1. Edit: I'm also still on v4, since they raised the upgrade price and I'm not seeing why I need 5 right now.

I bought ShaperBox 2 to help with stuff like that.

Xfer LFO Tool is another that can do a job. Inbuilt would be preferable, but there are a number of others that’ll do a job. MIDI routing is a pain in Studio One though.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:12 am Xfer LFO Tool is another that can do a job. Inbuilt would be preferable, but there are a number of others that’ll do a job. MIDI routing is a pain in Studio One though.
Can LFO Tool work on audio sidechain now or is it just midi?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:24 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:12 am Xfer LFO Tool is another that can do a job. Inbuilt would be preferable, but there are a number of others that’ll do a job. MIDI routing is a pain in Studio One though.
Can LFO Tool work on audio sidechain now or is it just midi?
I’ve never used it for anything except MIDI cc automation control, but I think it was primarily designed as an audio filtering tool so it should, but can’t say I’ve tried it.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I had no success on the Presonus forum so I'll try here. When I first load a song and start playthrough, StudioOne pauses for a split second whenever certain VSTs start to play. I really notice it with Spire and Thorn. Once they play, it never happens again. I can go anywhere in the song and replay the song with no pauses, only the first time they play. Anyone had this issue, I've had it for about over a year.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Chemik wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:11 pm I had no success on the Presonus forum so I'll try here. When I first load a song and start playthrough, StudioOne pauses for a split second whenever certain VSTs start to play. I really notice it with Spire and Thorn. Once they play, it never happens again. I can go anywhere in the song and replay the song with no pauses, only the first time they play. Anyone had this issue, I've had it for about over a year.
You would need to give more details about your computer setup before anyone could begin to help you with any confidence without making any assumptions. That is very likely why you didn't get any response on the forum. If you want help on that forum, you need to bend over backwards to get it now, because the one's who were there on a daily basis doing the user support stuff, pretty much left due to the church like management of it. This was where suppression of criticisms regarding Presonus and Studio One, were at a level that of a few mods simply couldn't handle (banning people that complained, or they simply took a dislike to). You'll find many of those very knowledgable Studio One users over on Gearslutz's specific Studio One forum now, if not here as well.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:36 pm
Chemik wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:11 pm I had no success on the Presonus forum so I'll try here. When I first load a song and start playthrough, StudioOne pauses for a split second whenever certain VSTs start to play. I really notice it with Spire and Thorn. Once they play, it never happens again. I can go anywhere in the song and replay the song with no pauses, only the first time they play. Anyone had this issue, I've had it for about over a year.
You would need to give more details about your computer setup before anyone could begin to help you with any confidence without making any assumptions. That is very likely why you didn't get any response on the forum. If you want help on that forum, you need to bend over backwards to get it now, because the one's who were there on a daily basis doing the user support stuff, pretty much left due to the church like management of it. This was where suppression of criticisms regarding Presonus and Studio One, were at a level that of a few mods simply couldn't handle (banning people that complained, or they simply took a dislike to). You'll find many of those very knowledgable Studio One users over on Gearslutz's specific Studio One forum now, if not here as well.
Thanks for the heads up. My hope in posting there and here was that i'd get a whole group of people saying "yeah, me too!", but it is becoming clear that it seems to only affect me. I may mess with the memory management part and see if I can get it to stop. (I'm Windows 10, 32Gb of ram, SSDs, 8 core), more than enough system to handle things unless I set something up wrong.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Chemik wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:21 pm Thanks for the heads up. My hope in posting there and here was that i'd get a whole group of people saying "yeah, me too!", but it is becoming clear that it seems to only affect me. I may mess with the memory management part and see if I can get it to stop. (I'm Windows 10, 32Gb of ram, SSDs, 8 core), more than enough system to handle things unless I set something up wrong.
I switched to Windows 10 last October I think it was, but I did quite a lot in disabling things I didn't need or want running so optimising it the best I could from the research I did before and after moving over to it. Presonus actually has a help section for those on Windows 10 with advice that might help solve the issue you are having.

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... Windows-10

If that's a bit too much to digest, you could check out this video and cross check how he's set things, which incidently is by another registered KVR member here also.

On the subject of operating systems, for anyone else that is still on Windows 7 32 / 64, I have an easy guide in which you can follow on my site... here, for migrating to Windows 10 easily whilst still retaining your existing Windows 7 installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FAHqrphv9k

It isn't just Studio One that does this. I've had a pause (usually when the main track kicks in after the intro) in Sonar (years ago) and Cubase (up until my new beast computer). It always goes away after the first play through though.
Basically it seems to me the more processing power you have the less chance of a stutter. I've never optimised a PC for music though so maybe disabling a few things might help.

Grum.

I think I'm done with S1 for now. It's too buggy I can't deal with it anymore. From random instrument dropouts for no apparent reason, to the stupid thing crashing when all I did was add a transient master to an audio channel, to not being able to remove plugins from projects because the application will keep crashing. I've never had these issues with Bitwig, Live, or Logic. Logic is super stable again so I think I may have to start migrating back to it. I bought S1 in the first place back in version 2 because Logic was a total mess at the time now it's the complete opposite.

I truly like S1, it fits me like a glove but I can't/don't want to keep holding my breath every time I do something the software crashes or I start to experience weird behavior like snapping all of sudden going crazy or not working at all or working even when its turned off.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

As far as I always read, S1 is an issue on Mac OS X, in terms of stability. I only tried it out very few times when I had a iMac here, and I didn't notice anything out of the order, but, those are very brief tests, not doing anything crazy.

On Windows, it's fine really. As stable as Cubase.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”