What Delays are you using?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently built a new PC and was installing all my plugins when I noticed...I mostly only use a single delay plugin and it's a free delay plugin that I have been using since....probably since I started writing music some 10 years ago or something. It's good, it's reliable. It's not supported any more and is 32bit.

I don't think I will ever replace it, I'll probably still rely on it for years to come. It's simple, not too complicated, but with just the right amount of control and character to get what I want.
I would like to stop relying so heavily on this plugin - despite it's usefulness - and maybe add a new delay to my arsenal...uh....a second delay.

It doesn't need to be freeware - though freeware is a nice bonus. Tell me what you use.

Replica XT, it is on sale right now. It is simple to use but have quite a few options under the hood, covers all the basics and then some.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Replica XT, it is on sale right now. It is simple to use but have quite a few options under the hood, covers all the basics and then some.
If I had to choose just one delay plugin, Replika XT would be the one for me too. Buy Replika cheap 'used' and buy the XT upgrade while it's on sale.

Edit: Buy the full version of Replika XT. It's not that expensive anymore.
Last edited by Lotuz2019 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valhalla delay.It's $50,it sounds great,it is versatile and it's very easy on the cpu.0 latency.
Replika XT sounds great too,but too much a cpu killer.Same thing for Soundtoys Echoboy.

Echoboy, Valhalla, Replika, Modnetic, Galaxy Tape Echo

I bought the Modnetic & Diffuse bundle for 20€ from surreal machines recently. Brilliant sound and easy to dial in. On top of that I have Sigmund from d16 but that one „looks“ way more complicated. Luckily it comes with a lot of presets. Great sound as well.

Valhalla Super Massive if I need something huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

My goto delay is Valhalla Delay.

It’s what I use with the guitar here:
https://soundcloud.com/turbotobben/november
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Dub Machines and Rephlex Pro.

If you want a simple and awesome one: Sonic Charge Echobode.

I also like these: Permut8, Tekturon, ValhallaDelay, ValhallaSupermassive, Echoboy (also has a simpler version called Jr.; iLok), Dub Machines.

Cro-magnon wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:02 am Replika XT sounds great too,but too much a cpu killer.Same thing for Soundtoys Echoboy.
Echoboy a cpu killer? Sorry, Echoboy must be one of the most cpu efficient plugins around. But have to agree with Replika XT, it uses way too much cpu for what it does compared to competition.

so another list of delays then?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:23 am so another list of delays then?
So another post about posts about plugins on a plugin posting forum? :x

For free Spaceship Delay is great, versatile delay with extras (spring reverb, extra effects and filters etc). Still use Nasty DLA a lot, great dirty feedback sound, still works fine in a host supporting 32bit (Reaper in my case).

Day to day I probably reach for tk-delay most, simple, sounds good, versatile 'one knob' options. UA Sandman Pro is my fancy delay for the weird stuff. Just bought Modnetic and can see that elbowing it's way in to my workflow.

if you don't want to talk plugins on a plugins forum then maybe you're wasting your time here..?

GaryG wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:32 am
if you don't want to talk plugins on a plugins forum then maybe you're wasting your time here..?
yep, you're probably right but how many posts do we really need about 'name your fav plug-in'? :roll:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Effects”