Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

Examigan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:05 am
surreal wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:10 pm Hi George I want to try the demo of bliss but I can find the demi restrictions.. what are the demo restrictions?
I checked the manual and it says:
"Demo version has all types of file export disabled."

I don't know if it has a noise once in a while or time-out, etc.
Thank you Rob!

Hello,

Bliss demo has all types of file export disabled and times out after 30 minutes of use.

Cheers,
George.

discoDSP wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:25 amBliss demo has all types of file export disabled and times out after 30 minutes of use.
Since Bliss is a sampler and VST recored in one piece, have you considered making a proprietary file format allowing to capture more "dimensions" of the VSTs than just pitch & velocity? Stuff like aftertouch, mod wheel position, filter cutoff, etc. I understand the resulting file could end up getting much bigger, but in the end it should be up to the user to decide.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

It seems like a good idea. Will consider how we can implement that and make it easy to use for the end user.

Hi George, is it possible to disable pitch tracking on a zone? This would mean the notes in a zone key range all play at same pitch.

boomt wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:17 pm Hi George, is it possible to disable pitch tracking on a zone? This would mean the notes in a zone key range all play at same pitch.
Set Key Cents to 0.

I got a small UI suggestion. When working on the zone edit/sample editor screen, it feels like to me I should be able to right click on a zone and it brings up a context menu with options for duplicating, or renaming a zone.
The same should also apply on the sample waveform where you right click and it then displays operations that can be applied on the waveform? Such as cut/copy/paste and effects.

I find it a little fiddly when using Bliss for one shot drum samples as I constantly have to set both of the range drop downs to the same value. Maybe some type of option to make the ranges equal may make that easier? Maybe something like auto make all zones work on each individual key incrementally?

Some transport controls in the sample editor for playing back the waveform would be useful, though mostly playback from midi keyboard is fine for the time being.

It also seems you can't copy and paste selections of waveforms from different zones?

boomt wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 pm I got a small UI suggestion. When working on the zone edit/sample editor screen, it feels like to me I should be able to right click on a zone and it brings up a context menu with options for duplicating, or renaming a zone.
Will consider. In the meanwhile I will suggest using keyboard shortcuts which are faster than any mouse based operations.
I find it a little fiddly when using Bliss for one shot drum samples as I constantly have to set both of the range drop downs to the same value. Maybe some type of option to make the ranges equal may make that easier? Maybe something like auto make all zones work on each individual key incrementally?
Perhaps a drop down option to make the zone as single shot may work.
It also seems you can't copy and paste selections of waveforms from different zones?
There is a Destructive Render Slices that may work for this.

Just got came up with another. Be nice if the zone selection in the sample editor would also select the zone on the front panel. Change zone by midi note gets close to this but I then have to constantly switch between having that selection on and off which is difficult as it's under a nested menu.
I guess you could make this behaviour a toggle in the options so it doesn't confuse long time users.
Just an idea anyway, thanks for the reply.

Hi, I found one unexpected behaviour of Bliss. When you convert zbp made from sfz back to sfz all sharped and flatted names of samples become unaltered pitching to "mother" notes. This issue making hard to return back to originals if you'd like to restore Kontakt or other samplers formats with altered names mappings.

And there is another big issue, I tried to use Bliss like sforzando, dragged and dropped sfz to Bliss, saved Ableton's project, played Bliss, everything was OK. After reopening the project Bliss lost all sample mappings unlike sforzando and it was like a big hit of noise.

This looks really interesting, definitely going to have to check it out soon. Is it compatible with Big Sur macOS by chance?

Thanks for the suggestions and reports guys, will check.
jamesjams1212 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:49 pm This looks really interesting, definitely going to have to check it out soon. Is it compatible with Big Sur macOS by chance?
Yes, it's compatible. We are still working on Universal 2 Binary builds but it will work via Rosetta 2 for now on Apple Silicon chips.

How soon will Bliss have the feature to sample external hardware? I need to purchase an app for the purpose. Thanks.

External hardware sampling is on the todo but can’t disclose a release date yet.

Good to know that external hardware sampling will be added. Would round robin be in the same version?

Return to “Instruments”