Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

Good to hear everything is saved.
Aurora is the ONLY dedicated fm synth
I have installed because its so damn good!
Quite a few of us have learnt lessons about backups recently, Thanks Windows.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

RyFi wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 pm
SneakyBeats wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am Of course you have backed up everything to an external hd?
Why of course not! What, do you think I'm NOT some kind of stupid self-sabotaging screwup?! Pfft...
:lol:

I learned the importance of daily backups (if doing something important) the hard way.. Even harder was the way to learn that you always remove that external hd after you've done the backup and don't use the drive like normally.. It hurts when you first lose your hd and when going for the backups, the backup drive blows up a week later..

BUT!!

You can also save everything you have on your hd at the moment. Just add a new hd, get it up and running, then hook the old hd to your computer via docking station and search through it with easeUS data recovery wizard. I did that and was able to save everything except the files that were corrupted.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:08 pm Can anyone recommend good online secure cloud storage for backup (besides the free google's 8gb limit ) ?
Google has 15gb limit. You can also raise the limit, 200gb is around 3€/month.. 100gb was 1,99€/month maybe?

but every attempt to reinstall Windows on it failed (at the 90-something-% mark after an hour, of course... *sigh*).
I had exactly the same thing - when I tried to install the Win 10 2004 (not the year, the version) update. There's something about that update that fails on certain hardware (which no one seems to be sure of)- so I just stuck with 1909.
Is that the version you were upgrading to?
Maybe your disk is OK after all.... :mask:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:00 am
A square and triangle have the same harmonics but they don’t sound the same because of diff phases ( for the triangle that is )
The difference between a square and triangle isn't the phases of the partials, it's their relative amplitudes. Both have only odd-numbered partials, but in the square wave, they have a relative amplitude of 1/N; in the triangle wave, the relative amplitude is 1/N squared.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Yes also their relative amplitudes ,as wel as their phase
You will have to adjust the phase of the square wave individula partials to get a triangle
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

jbraner wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:24 am I had exactly the same thing - when I tried to install the Win 10 2004 (not the year, the version) update. There's something about that update that fails on certain hardware (which no one seems to be sure of)- so I just stuck with 1909.
Is that the version you were upgrading to?
Maybe your disk is OK after all.... :mask:
Naw, it's 1909 actually. It's still conceivable that that SSD isn't bad, but that's a moot point, I'm treating it as if it is anyways. It was only an early gen 60 GB one anyways, so hardly a huge loss in the grand scheme of things.

How long until the next update? One month or more?

crickey13 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:56 pm How long until the next update? One month or more?
I really have no idea. Hopefully not that long. A lot of my changes are done, some are still in progress, and some might still be coming. And then there will be a need for lots of testing. Could be a couple of weeks, could be longer.

Thanks and good luck.

Thanks!

Great FM synth, very happy to hear you are still working on improvements

/* whitenoise */
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

(Response to resistent's curiously removed question)

Yes, there's an alternate theme that some find easier on the eyes. No, there are no current plans for skinning support.
Last edited by RyFi on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nielzie wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:24 pm Just tried the demo. Doesn't work in Reaper x64 on my Windows system. Error message while scanning: "Plugin Aurora FM.dll executed invalid operation while scanning".

Back to Oxe FM for now :)
XO was doing this to me for awhile. I realized that it had something to do with where I was installing it. It didn't like being installed on any other drive than my main one. Couldn't install it on the external HDD, or even the internal SSD that wasnt my main drive. So installing it on your main drive might be worth a try? Unless its already installed there...

Jkist wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:01 pm
Nielzie wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:24 pm Just tried the demo. Doesn't work in Reaper x64 on my Windows system. Error message while scanning: "Plugin Aurora FM.dll executed invalid operation while scanning".

Back to Oxe FM for now :)
XO was doing this to me for awhile. I realized that it had something to do with where I was installing it. It didn't like being installed on any other drive than my main one. Couldn't install it on the external HDD, or even the internal SSD that wasnt my main drive. So installing it on your main drive might be worth a try? Unless its already installed there...
That issue was resolved 2.5 years ago. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”