Opinions of the McDSP plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Burillo wrote: why would you ever do that one by one?
I did not have time to explain myself but you have to know that REASON saves each patch in VST format but adds a .fxb ending instead of .fxp for this VST format.

I tried to rely on the AU format patches by just changing their termination but it does not work. That's why the reason I edited, patches by patches (2 days).
If you know of another way, I'll be delighted . :wink:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

geronimo wrote:
Burillo wrote: why would you ever do that one by one?
I did not have time to explain myself but you have to know that REASON saves each patch in VST format but adds a .fxb ending instead of .fxp for this VST format.

I tried to rely on the AU format patches by just changing their termination but it does not work. That's why the reason I edited, patches by patches (2 days).
If you know of another way, I'll be delighted . :wink:
maybe if you send me a few examples of AU vs reason vs "working" presets, i could figure it out. i've done something like this for BFD metadata, i see no reason why this wouldn't work for presets :)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Reason should be able to save them as (.fxp), although you might have to explicitly
state that extension the first time. They are actually the same format, (.fxb) is just
the bank variant.

Without a way to convert them, reproducing them is where all the work is.
On windows, I am able to get around that. Not sure about the mac.

my point is, i don't have a mac, and i don't have reason. however, i can look at ready-made preset files that i know are for the same thing, and figure out how to convert one into another automatically.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Maybe I am missing your point, but it seems pretty clear to me that they need
be converted from either VST3 or, in this case AU presets to fxp presets and
thats pretty much all there is to it. McDSP strictly adheres to the specs so...

I just noticed that the backup format is selectable for the .vst format under REASON for these Patches.

Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape

Here are the 6034 Ultimate MB presets in (.fxp) format .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

geronimo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:04 pm Here are the 6034 Ultimate MB presets in (.fxp) format .
Thanks heaps! :tu:

I just remembered I haven’t checked out the new channel strip they introduced at NAMM. Well it’s not new, thy just changed the name probably to preserve backwards compatibility of the old plugin. Still..

The APB-16 is something else I’m really interested in, but I guarantee you it’s going to be pricy!!

geronimo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:04 pm Here are the 6034 Ultimate MB presets in (.fxp) format .
Thanks a ton.

I'm in the process of working through all the plugins, one by one. It's taking awhile. If I get some done I'll share as well.

Cheers, Jim

McDSP used to be strictly MAC only. I don't think the Windows ports don't get as much love, they're like Atari ports of Amiga games.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I use McDSP futzbox instead of expensive Speakerphone.
Futzbox is nice, but the Speakerphone is definitely better with the reverb and all it's possibilities.
As I remember, there were two options to install: the big installer, or separated for each plug in.
And I did not try the NR800 Noise Reduction, but I want to )

They're on sale at the moment - is it worth getting the 6050 Channel Strip? Really just want to get most of my analog emulation needs out of the way, and for 40€/60€ HD (is HD worth it?) it seems really convenient

"HD" is for Pro Tools hardware, there's no difference otherwise. if you don't have these cards, don't buy HD.

whether you find it convenient depends on how you work. i find myself gravitating to individual plugins more than to channel strips, because it seems like there's always something i need to do to a track that isn't in the channel strip and it becomes a mess.

ritesofspring wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:06 am They're on sale at the moment - is it worth getting the 6050 Channel Strip? Really just want to get most of my analog emulation needs out of the way, and for 40€/60€ HD (is HD worth it?) it seems really convenient
If you can afford the 6060 then get that instead. If you get the 6050 you may be left wanting the 6060 after some time and there is no upgrade path (which is a pet peev and why I stopped buying McDSP).

Frankly I think you'd be better served with the Black Rooster Audio everything bundle. That's what I would get if it were me. But if you want the 500 format channel strip paradigm then McDSP is viable.

Return to “Effects”