Cubase 11 available now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

alextim wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:35 pm Why does my Cubase 11 crash frequently? How are you doing with this? I really love this program, but these things piss me off. Problem in windows 10?
My first session was ridiculous, it crashed like three times for nothing.
I figured, yeah, this is one o' those point zero versions same as it ever was, I'll have to wait. So I went back to using 10.5.2, which now was performing poorly. So, why not, opened the project in 11 (the saved in 11 project opened in 10.5 btw) and it's been perfectly stable since, many sessions ago. I don't know. If I were more clever I will have figured out the crash I now grok long before I did, and it isn't likely to be anything you're experiencing (OS + audio interface + VE Pro + Cubase = clusterfuck; excessive wake up calls* I don't understand at a low level but correlation to crashes is 1:1. Solution = open project with the audio interface turned off. *: If the project is running and my display sleeps, project will crash on launch next time. <Doctor, it hurts when I do this/So stop doing that> diagnosis, but what can ya do).

This is probably the first time I've been on KVR since around 2011 when I realized that I had run out of time for hobbies that didn't involve income. LOL Of all the sequencers I tried out, which was pretty much all of them, Cubase was the one that I liked most. I bought myself a vintage PC and loaded it up with Windows 7. I recently tried to see if I could bring some of my old projects back to life. I wish I had thought more about it earlier because it wasn't very successful. Many things missing and other things just didn't work out. If I make any music from now, I think I will place a greater emphasis on this problem. I think I will probably use Logic Pro because it has probably 90% of what I think I need, even if I liked Cubase better. The thing I would avoid is the use of 3rd party plugins. It's weird because back in the day I was one of the louder voices complaining that Reason did not use plugins. Now that Reason uses plugins, I don't actually want to use plugins.

Saying you crash a lot and blaming the software is a curious choice, since I upgraded on night one and haven't had a crash since. I use a lot of different plugins, soft synths, and samplers from different vendors - but I'm on Windows 10 (always the latest update).

I'd love to see what's on some people's PCs when they complain about constant crashes, Lol.

People with awful PC maintenance (both macOS and Windows) tend to be those that complain the most about instabilities (though, half of them will lie and say they did a clean install of their system and it still has the same issues ;-) ).

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Characterizing what people wrote as something other than one can actually read - inventing, fabricating a story - is a 'curious choice'.

Using Cubase last night and a notification for an email popped up on the the bottom right of the screen (perfectly normal, I'm sure most people's Windows 10 does that) so I clicked the dismis button and the audio stuttered and Cubase shut down to the desktop. Cubase 10.5 never did that.

Grum.

have you seen the capabilities of the vst(3) plugin host of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P4KBHz_i2s
Voltage Modular 2 , just because there is a 75% off on it, https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... rom-Ignite
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Can you use the new analyser in Cubase 11 also in other DAWs when you update to Cubase 11? Or is it just an internal plugin and not a VST that you can use otherwise?

strictly from internal

Is there a chance Cubase may go on sale soon?

simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:44 am Is there a chance Cubase may go on sale soon?
Probably not soon. There are periodic offers (maybe about half-way through a release cycle?), even on upgrades occasionally. It's worth following the FB or other social media rather than periodically checking on the Steinberg site. That's where I've usually seen offers before.

HTT wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 pm I was going to update my Cubase Artist 10.5 to 11. Well, Steinberg insists on having two different email/password accounts for their site, one for general and one for purchases. I use a password manger. Everything is messed up. I don't have these issues elsewhere. Steinberg, fix your site! I can't even make a purchase because of your poor website design/organization.

I am trying all of Steinberg's support channels. What a consumer nightmare! It is like getting warranty support for a item, but I am trying to give them money to upgrade a DAW. Why the hell is this so difficult? Doesn't Steinberg want my money? I am going to start looking elsewhere if this is not resolved within 48 hours. Absolutely ridiculous and no excuse...
Well actually it's three passwords and accounts for their site. One for the main site, one for the shop and one for the forums. And that just completely confuses the hell out of the built in password manager in Safari.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Has anyone had any luck running Waldorf Largo in Cubase 11? I'm getting really nasty crashes.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

For me, the first few days were OK, but lately when I'd open a project, a VI would be streaming a note and the only way to shut it up was to remove it. 10.5 was OK. Then today, launching both 10.5 and 11 hangs on initializing MediaBay. I trashed the prefs but now neither one will launch...still hangs at initializing MediaBay.

Edit: now Finder is hanging too, so it might be some computer corruption.

simmo75 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:44 am Is there a chance Cubase may go on sale soon?
I was expecting Christmas time (not sure if it is Christmas time or Easter they do 40% discount. Once for full versions, and once for upgrades. Don't know which is which though!).

Anyway, I went to Thoman in order to upgrade my Live Standard license to Suite, I ended buying Cubase Artist 11 Upgrade from AI!! I thought even with the discounted price of Steinberg, it would be little bit more for me (I have the Elements version, so I need the dongle which is $75 NZD here!).

https://www.thomann.de/intl/nz/steinber ... ade_ai.htm

The above link is for NZ, but you can switch to your region. I don't need the Pro version, but it is also there (full and upgrades).

Note: I don't think I can upgrade Elements with the package above! It is for AI only :dog:

Luckily I have AI license that comes with my hardware :neutral:
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

v1o wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:08 pm Has anyone had any luck running Waldorf Largo in Cubase 11? I'm getting really nasty crashes.
didn't try largo yet in cubase 11, no problems (windows 10 20H2). (still a great synth...)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”