Reverb VST for Sound Design

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GRUMP wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:13 am
Halma wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 am I wish there would be a PC port of FAC Alteza. I only have the iOS one but it sounds pretty dope.
Ahm ... Off Topic but I just read your Signature ... WTF is "High Tech Soul" :? You surely don´t mean that Documentation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdKEbnS1eBE ;-)
Hey. I did not know that one. Shame on me. Thx for the link. 😀

But yeah, that's my kind of music. Underground Resistance had a track in 1997 called Hi Tech Funk and me and my friends were quite deep into Detroit Techno and Chicago House since the late 80s. We somehow called our stuff High Tech Funk, High Tech Jazz and High Tech Soul. I also found it always difficult to call all that stuff Techno or House or Electro because everything sounded so different from another so I started calling it EDM from Detroit for me in the mid 90s. Never thought that EDM would become a genre later on.

But I always had the feeling from day one that all the stuff out of Detroit was more Soul than Techno. 😀
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

I’m a fan of 2CAudio’s B2, but it’s not simple. Tons of parameters to sculpt almost anything you could ever want and it sounds great. Not too hard on CPU either.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Halma wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:24 pm
Halma wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 am I wish there would be a PC port of FAC Alteza. I only have the iOS one but it sounds pretty dope.
Ahm ... Off Topic but I just read your Signature ... WTF is "High Tech Soul" :? You surely don´t mean that Documentation?

But yeah, that's my kind of music. Underground Resistance had a track in 1997 called Hi Tech Funk and me and my friends were quite deep into Detroit Techno and Chicago House since the late 80s. We somehow called our stuff High Tech Funk, High Tech Jazz and High Tech Soul. I also found it always difficult to call all that stuff Techno or House or Electro because everything sounded so different from another so I started calling it EDM from Detroit for me in the mid 90s. Never thought that EDM would become a genre later on.

But I always had the feeling from day one that all the stuff out of Detroit was more Soul than Techno. 😀
I must admit that I never got into all the Style-Labels. "Detroit" has always just been "Detroit" for me. It was btw quiet popular in Frankfurt Clubs back in the 90s! But I know what you mean for sure. We have the same Problem with ourt Babys, too. Naming is sooo difficult ;-)

I just thought that there´s maybe something I don´t know yet. A new, maybe different Kind of Soul. I fear that the (real) Soul-Period is over somehow, isn.´t it :? So sad...

But I know one Thing for sure: you Guys already sounded different in the 50s. Those Detroit People just rock, as well as Philadelphia seems to be the right Place for exterristic Talents! :tu:

Halma wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:24 pm

I meant the documentation about Detroit Techno that I did not know. Of course I know Curtis Mayfield (your link).

BTT: anyone here who knows FAC Alteza? It can do Shimmer but so much more so if anyone can point me on something similar as an VST I would be very grateful.
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Halma wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:00 am BTT: anyone here who knows FAC Alteza? It can do Shimmer but so much more so if anyone can point me on something similar as an VST I would be very grateful.
Have you tried Sine Vibes Luminance?

If you want a powerful reverb plugin for sound design, you must look at stw-audio’s Reflex-Pro-X. There hasn’t been that much discussion about it in general, but I think it’s a brilliant multi-effect that’s capable of regular mixing duties and extreme sound processing that’s only limited by your imagination.

I’m talking about huge, cavernous, deep space reverbs with smooth tails, delays with all manners of filtering goodness, modulation, saturation, pitch-shifting shimmers and harmonies, and all with the ability to program tight, rhythmic patterns out of any audio you feed it.

It’s also very approachable in terms of programming. It can be used fairly simply or you have the option to get under the hood and access more sound shaping features in the sub menu tabs.

I also enjoy the color combinations you can choose to use. This is an important feature for me because I tend to be in front of the screen for many hours at a time. At 46 years old, my eyesight isn’t what it used to be, so a GUI with colors and fonts that are easy to see is important to me.

But really it’s all about the sound. I truly love this plugin. I wish more people would find out about it and support the developer. This would allow them to continue to improve its functionality and add more interesting features down the road. Definitely check them out :tu:

Thanks for the heads up morphex, I'll check it out and report back.

In the meantime, Velvetverb is the new kid on the block: https://modsound.co/velvetverb

It is good to have a sizeable arsenal of reverbs to choose from.
KVR is an excellent resource, check out the MANY post on essentially every reverb released, then download and demo the verbs for yourself.
That way you will really KNOW exactly what works for you.

Return to “Effects”