LAUNCH! VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer2 - Hybrid Wavetable Additive / Subtractive Synthesizer / Sampler / Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Energy The Transformation Vaporizer2

Those who save it don‘t differentiate between global pb and MPE. To save the global pb does make sense of course. Its usually played with a pitch wheel and different sounds and pieces need a different setting...
At least the u-he synths allow to lock that setting, so that it does stay fix on presets changes...

just got Vaporizer2 and it is being amazing to create sounds with but I am having an issue with the sampler.

Anyone else having clicks and pops in the sampler even with the "snap to zero" on? it happens to me the first time the note will cycle the loop point, even in pingpong mode. Is there a way to set a crossfade in the loop point other than turning the grain shape up with the grains set to 0?

Xryz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 pm just got Vaporizer2 and it is being amazing to create sounds with but I am having an issue with the sampler.

Anyone else having clicks and pops in the sampler even with the "snap to zero" on? it happens to me the first time the note will cycle the loop point, even in pingpong mode. Is there a way to set a crossfade in the loop point other than turning the grain shape up with the grains set to 0?
snap to zero does not always works, is it stereo file? i almost use always stereo files, i do have mono files.. i shall check... in mono files it must work better, but snap to zero, there is no sampler, or sample editor that can do it right, especially in stereo i think, or do it right, snap to zero cán help, but it is not the solution.

a crossfade option will be great, i think for vaporizer2. for the loop mode, but also, in other samplers, simpler (o simpler does do crossfades for loopings? i use simpler a lot, but in my own way...).

I just noticed that there is a bug in the wavetable editor.

In older versions of V2 when I had the WT editor in solo mode I could click on different waves and it would only play that wave, now it no longer does this, it seems to only play the first wave in the table.

OSC Catalina, 2019 iMac 3.0 ghz, Vaproizer 2 V3.1.3.

mike_o wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 am In older versions of V2 when I had the WT editor in solo mode I could click on different waves and it would only play that wave, now it no longer does this, it seems to only play the first wave in the table.
Oh, yes. I can reproduce that bug. I will release a fix asap. Sad, I thought Vaporizer2 would be bug free software in the meantime :phones:

Only TeX is bug free - by definition...;-)

vastdynamics wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:42 am
mike_o wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:21 am In older versions of V2 when I had the WT editor in solo mode I could click on different waves and it would only play that wave, now it no longer does this, it seems to only play the first wave in the table.
Oh, yes. I can reproduce that bug. I will release a fix asap. Sad, I thought Vaporizer2 would be bug free software in the meantime :phones:

Still closer to it than a lot of other programs, thanks for the quick response.

I just noticed that dragging waves around in the wavetable frames row is not working properly either.

Edit: It seems to work fine with smaller numbers of waves, like 8-12, but when I tried to drag some waves around when there are 60-80 waves it doesn't work properly.

Fix is here as promised:

New in version: 3.1.4 (November 24th 2020)

• Fix: Stability of wavetable engine when quickly modulating wavetable positions (start of wavetable position)
• Fix: Solo mode now working again in wavetable editor (show and play only selected positions)
• Fix: Glitch when dragging wavetable position in wavetable editor for larger waveteables

https://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=downloads

vastdynamics wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 pm Fix is here as promised:

• Fix: Stability of wavetable engine when quickly modulating wavetable positions (start of wavetable position)
• Fix: Solo mode now working again in wavetable editor (show and play only selected positions)
• Fix: Glitch when dragging wavetable position in wavetable editor for larger waveteables

great! thanks!

CMO...

vastdynamics wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 pm Fix is here as promised:

You are so fast with these fixes, thank you.

and on sale!

https://www.vast-dynamics.com/

40% discount, with coupon code BLACKFRIDAY2020

so around €36 for european customers..

I found another bug, if your in the wavetable editor and you click on the "+" icon to add a new wave, it doesn't work, if you click on the black empty space next to the "+" it will add a new wave slot.

Thanks.

Now I have a feature request.

I would love to see the wavetable editor updated to include timelines or automation style control.

Like below the wave graphics there were a set of lanes like automation in a DAW where I could insert all of the shape modulations from the oscillator, like bend, bloat, sync, mirror, etc... (all of them) and create automation lines for each wave modifier type.

This way we could layer several waveshaping FX over each other in precise amounts and times across the wavetable.

Also it would be cool if the harmonic editor's "Pile" mode had the ability to select "pile width" to edit how many harmonics are affected by the pile mode.

And a random wave generator with modes for even, odd, formant, high, low etc... harmonic balances would be amazing.

I would also love to see a drop down menu for selecting wavetabls instead of just the next and last arrows.

mike_o wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 pm I found another bug, if your in the wavetable editor and you click on the "+" icon to add a new wave, it doesn't work, if you click on the black empty space next to the "+" it will add a new wave slot.

I picked up Vaporizer2 in the sale. Version 3.1.4.
No problems adding an empty cell when clicking on the +.
Windows 10 user for the record.
Have you tried using different size skins to see if it is related to co-ordinates?
Have a Commercial plugin you are bored with? Donate it to me and receive a signed copy of our debut album. PM with details.

Mac, OSX 10.15.7, Just tried a few different sizes and it's the same in all of them.

Return to “Instruments”