OpZilla FM Synthesizer

Official support for: 2getheraudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's great, I was going to make some suggestions myself, but you already pointed some:

shimanski wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm 1. Raster the coarse pitch control to harmonic values (0.50, 1.00, 2.00, 3.00 etc.) and allow the fine control to go through a wider range). In its current form, it's very unpractical to quickly change the coarse pitch by mouse (I have to enter discrete values through the computer keyboard instead)
Exactly, I thought a modifier key would work here (ex.: CTRL+LMB). As it is now it's very touchy
shimanski wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:47 pm 3. Allow to switch through wave shapes with the mouse wheel
There indeed should be a way to change then faster. Instead of a drop-down menu, there should be arrows to change it (just like there are for algorithms)

One more thing that is very important to me, workflow wise: There should be a way (another modifier key) to change a common parameter among all four Ops. For example, the ADSR values, sometimes I'd wish to quickly tweak the release of all four Ops simultaneously. As it is now, I have to change one by one.

Anyway, very nice synth, a bit clumsy workflow wise, but great potential. I hope they listen to our feedback!

Great synth !
Minor bugs ? but annoying : the op wave display and algorythm display don’t update when remotely changed (Live 10)

Just purchased for MacOS. I don't see anywhere I can specify my MIDI controller. "Preferences" is greyed out in the menu.

Try this (in standalone only obviously):

Hi, your concept (FM on one page) is great!
I would love to be able to control the most important knobs via MIDI Learn from my hardware. Is this planned?

Isn't that a feature best handled by your DAW ?

This isn't the successor to Rhino is it?
I

TIMT wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:29 pm This isn't the successor to Rhino is it?
Rhino is WAY better imo
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:39 am
Rhino is WAY better imo
That's why i am asking. Whilst 64 algorithms is pretty broad, it still feels like a step down from a freely routable FM/PM Matrix. Just hoping there is still a new Rhino on the cards :pray:
I

Rhino is WAY better imo
I still love the sound of Rhino but always struggled with the GUI, horizontal sliders and so many tabs. I appreciate it would never be a single page synth but a revamp using some of opzillas cues would be a great start.

GaryG wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:12 am
Rhino is WAY better imo
I still love the sound of Rhino but always struggled with the GUI, horizontal sliders and so many tabs. I appreciate it would never be a single page synth but a revamp using some of opzillas cues would be a great start.
I never liked FM synths like Rhino, Aurora and such. They're too complex for my tastes, as I'm not that much into sound designing (and I believe a lot of musicians are like me). I always wanted something like OpZilla, just something inspiring and straightfoward, with a great GUI (and I LOVE that it has no tabs). It has enough power and flexibility, is easy to use, and yet isn't too simplistic. Oh, and sounds great. Just spot on, IMO.

Sinisterbr wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:20 pm I never liked FM synths like Rhino, Aurora and such. They're too complex for my tastes, as I'm not that much into sound designing (and I believe a lot of musicians are like me). I always wanted something like OpZilla, just something inspiring and straightfoward, with a great GUI (and I LOVE that it has no tabs). It has enough power and flexibility, is easy to use, and yet isn't too simplistic. Oh, and sounds great. Just spot on, IMO.
That was exactly the goal when designing OpZilla. Make it as intuitive and fun to use as a VA synth.

I personally am less and less interested in uber-synths. I still have a Rhino UI update in the works, because yes, this is badly needed. But another mega-synth with 50 synthesis methods, 20 pages to scroll through, 20 filters models, .... ? yawn. There's already too many of these.

The challenge today is not to put *more* stuff in a synth, anybody can do that... It is to find the right subset of features that you can integrate into a coherent workflow.

A nice synth thanks, too bad you have to activate online though, offline too would be nice. I use an offline pc because the interenet uses a great deal of CPU, I turn off any extra services off, and even in programming try to reduce any dependancies and overhead.

kingozrecords wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm A nice synth thanks, too bad you have to activate online though, offline too would be nice. I use an offline pc because the interenet uses a great deal of CPU, I turn off any extra services off, and even in programming try to reduce any dependancies and overhead.
We can activate you offline if you send a ticket.

I can't get the desktop version of OpZilla to run on my Windows 8.1 machine. See attached pic. I'm pretty sure I have Asio drivers on the machine, as my Vegas Pro editing software shows Asio loading in when it starts.

The DAW version works fine.

Thankfully, I use it in my DAW the most. Can you check into this for me or give me a clue as to what is wrong or missing?

Thanks, in advance.

Opzilla Error - Screen Capture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “2getheraudio”