reFX Vanguard 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

Last edited by Markus Krause on Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surreal wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:25 am I wish I could still get JunoX2 . I know its abandonware but I remember its sound was really unique in those days... a sound that I would like today!!
Tone2 Icarus2 is able to do these sounds. I ported the JunoX oscillators to it.

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:26 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 pm
reFX JunoX:
I did create the audio-engine and the patches. I received payments for this.

i actually loaded this up a few days ago, still works fine 8)

i believe Vanguard was kinda an updated version of that? pretty sure it was free for JunoX2 owners....? (maybe a small crossgrade fee....?)

long time ago....
We received a letter from one of the lawyers from Roland. The 'look and feel' and the 'name JunoX2' would be too similar to a Roland product. That's why JunoX2 was removed from the marked and replaced by Vanguard.

yeah, i remember that at the time....

so back in the day, the big synth boys would go after after other companies they thought were producing 'copies' of their synths, including in different format (HW:SW)?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:27 pm
surreal wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:25 am I wish I could still get JunoX2 . I know its abandonware but I remember its sound was really unique in those days... a sound that I would like today!!
Tone2 Icarus2 is able to do these sounds. I ported the JunoX oscillators to it.
Thats cool Markus! How ever I have stick with icarus 1 for now.. things are tight for me financially still due to Covid.. but I will lookout for that when I eventually have enough money to afford the update.

Regards
Winston

Thank you for supporting our small company :-)

revvy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:12 pm so back in the day, the big synth boys would go after after other companies they thought were producing 'copies' of their synths, including in different format (HW:SW)?
Back in the days? Roland is still doing it.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Hmmm..... the D-50 case is very different.
But Tal has two Roland Emulations. Arturia has a few.
rsp
sound sculptist

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 pm
revvy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:12 pm so back in the day, the big synth boys would go after after other companies they thought were producing 'copies' of their synths, including in different format (HW:SW)?
Back in the day? Roland is still doing it.
Not if the company starts with a B, T or A.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

:)..lol
Who is the B?
rsp
sound sculptist

Behringer ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

oh yes.. Duh :)
rsp
sound sculptist

revvy wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:31 am
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:58 pm
Back in the day? Roland is still doing it.
Not if the company starts with a B, T or A.
Why do you think that A's product's are named JUP and JUN instead of JUPITER (as it was originally) and JUNO?

Who is T? Brain malfunction 😁

Edit: Oh, yeah, TAL 🥳
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Enjoy your rhetorical questions.

Return to “Instruments”