Dead Developers - who are you missing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Never tried DKS Pro but StormGate is great. They have been quiet for a long time
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Sender Spike/Signal Noise has been quiet for a while. :neutral:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

will you be making a list?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

No that is for any future new members to do, and then you'll never hear from him/her again :)

Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:45 pm +1 for Divine Machine. I'd like to be able to use the stuff I purchased.
Steve Duda is famously still going, he was part of that crew.
Just checked my invoice for Lucifer which is 'signed' with his name from the @devine-machine.com addy.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

v1o wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:56 am
hardwired wrote:
e-modic wrote:Michael Kleps - ReFX

~14 years ago Michael Kleps developed Xphraze, QuadraSID, Vanguard etc. Xphraze was a masterpiece. Just imagine what this guy would have developed these days. He had outstanding creativity. I know reFX still updates Nexus a Rompler but unfortunately no new procucts for ages.
He's very much alive. Name is now Michael Hartmann. Guess he got married and took her last name or something. Can't remember how that went.

Anyway, with how little that's been done since others have left Refx, maybe Michael Kleps isn't the coder many thought and perhaps rather an employer of coders. Not sure either way
Aren’t REFX responsible for coding Vengeance Avenger?
Michael Hartmann is the developer of Nexus 3 and 2 so he is still alive and kicking. Avenger has been developed by a company called Keilwerth Audio together with Manuel Schleis as sound designer. Manuel is also the main sound designer for Nexus.

You can see Manuel and Michael talking and playing in this video 14:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluJJ_2Trd8

There was a DAW that came out in beta back in 2011/2012

It was a 3D DAW, you could move all around the sequencer in these sort of lines, and set up little modules that were animated. I cant remember the name, but it went silent a while back. That would have been cool

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:01 pm
vertibration wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm There was a DAW that came out in beta back in 2011/2012

It was a 3D DAW, you could move all around the sequencer in these sort of lines, and set up little modules that were animated. I cant remember the name, but it went silent a while back. That would have been cool
AudioGL?

I heard he went on to work for Native Instruments. He appears in the credits of Form and maybe also some other stuff, IIRC.
YES, I knew the name ended in GL. Damn man, that would have been a fun DAW if he would have kept going.

vertibration wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm There was a DAW that came out in beta back in 2011/2012

AudioGL?

I heard he went on to work for Native Instruments. He appears in the credits of Form and maybe also some other stuff, IIRC.
As far as I see there's no guy with such a name in the credits of FORM.

7 Credits

Product Design: Jonathan Heppner

Instrument Development: Alexander Potehkin, Dietrich Pank, Clement Destephan, Jonathan Heppner

DSP Development: Mickael Le Goff, Francisco Garcia, Steinunn Arnardottir

User Interface Design: Simon Martin

Quality Assurance: Thilo Rode, Tommaso De Donatis, Frank Ellendt, Daniel Ramm

Sound Design: Jamil Samad, Tommaso De Donatis, Antonio de Spirt, Jonathan Heppner, Die-trich Pank, Jeremiah Savage, Noritaka Ubukata, John Valasis, Ksenija Ladic, 9b0, Jeremy Jan-zen, Xenos Soundworks, Simon Stockhausen, Wellenrausch

Documentation: Gustav Sto. Tomas, Jan Ola Korte

Product Management: Marin Vrbica

Special thanks to: Eike Jonas, Efflam Le Bivic, Oleg Kharkov, James Walker Hall, and the RE-AKTOR team.

Am I missing something?

---

AudioGL?

Yeah I started a thread about it cause I found it funny the way I figured it out...he said he effectively found the limits of reaktor in creating FORM...the sampler was the next module up in the GL roadmap people were psyched for...would have been amazing if FORM would have been GL modules
He did indiegogo cause at the time kickstarter wouldn't do non american companies...shame really...what he achieved as a side hobby with GL is brilliant IMO...he did some audio dsp for some other folks as well...tough industry...gotta eat
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:52 pm

AudioGL?

7 Credits

Instrument Development: Alexander Potehkin, Dietrich Pank, Clement Destephan, Jonathan Heppner

Sound Design: Jamil Samad, Tommaso De Donatis, Antonio de Spirt, Jonathan Heppner, Die-trich Pank, Jeremiah Savage, Noritaka Ubukata, John Valasis, Ksenija Ladic, 9b0, Jeremy Jan-zen, Xenos Soundworks, Simon Stockhausen, Wellenrausch

Special thanks to: Eike Jonas, Efflam Le Bivic, Oleg Kharkov, James Walker Hall, and the RE-AKTOR team.

Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something. Its the first name you listed. Jonathan Heppner

vertibration wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:04 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:52 pm

AudioGL?

7 Credits

Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something. Its the first name you listed. Jonathan Heppner
Yep!
Chapelle wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:57 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:52 pm As far as I see there's no guy with such a name in the credits of FORM.

7 Credits

[...]

Am I missing something?
AudioGL is not his real name, obviously.
https://www.audiogl.com/en/company
AudioGL is currently based in Toronto, Canada, and is run by a former Engineer named Jonathan Heppner.
We do all miss something, don't we?

---

Return to “Instruments”