RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

Mik_lo wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:21 pm I am doubtful that chorus X was influenced by vital.
A few people were complaining about the chorus effect, so it's probable it was already in the works. It also means that since vital has been released the module would have to have been planned, coded, debugged, optimised, beta tester etc. Can't see that happening tbh.
well, it'd be awesome to hear from the dude who just developed it rather than us all speculating on it
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Hello Guys,

Nice free update. Thank you.

One feature request for 1.9.0 for this: Layer Loading: Drag and Drop preset entries onto layer buttons to load the first layer.

Could you please update this feature not just load the first layer but from the layer where you drop all the layers stacked? Would be a killer feature because you could combine more patch together. Layer locking with padlock would be also nice then the stacked drag and drop could not overwrite the already locked layers.

Cheers.
Steve

Awesome chorus, thank you.

Vintagizer and browser seems great too.

It's like a new synth now!

and ++points for already supporting the new ARM Processor.

I updated to 1.8.5 today. Multiple times now I've had Rapid stop producing sound, even though it looks like it's processing internally (voice count goes up, meter moves). A few times it produced some serious pops all while not producing any synth sound. Sometimes when that happens the Master Meters are pinned. I'm on Windows 10. I've tried to figure out exact steps to reproduce - nothing so far... but it was basically just browsing presets (sometimes quickly).

EDIT: also, once this happens, loading other presets does not help. I have to delete Rapid from the track and add it back in.

EDIT 2: Update - I have not experienced the issue again, despite trying various thing in an attempt to get steps to reproduce.
Last edited by OzoneJunkie on Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

OzoneJunkie wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm I updated to 1.8.5 today. Multiple times now I've had Rapid stop producing sound, even though it looks like it's processing internally (voice count goes up, meter moves). A few times it produced some serious pops all while not producing any synth sound. Sometimes when that happens the Master Meters are pinned. I'm on Windows 10. I've tried to figure out exact steps to reproduce - nothing so far... but it was basically just browsing presets (sometimes quickly).

EDIT: also, once this happens, loading other presets does not help. I have to delete Rapid from the track and add it back in.
Click on the button next to 'Content', it looks like a silhouette of a person on the face of the GUI. You should have 'Factory Sounds' listed as an installed extension. For you to hear and thus use them, it's required that you do this vie the online activation method. You'll see buttons 'Activate Licence' and 'OK'.

Just curious but, is this a recent purchase and first activation issue or is it an issue you've discovered during your long time use with it over the past year or so ? In any case, Rapid has a particular way that you need to follow to have it installed, and working as it should. Factory Sounds should be installed to your system drive, 'C' drive if on Windows. You'll run into problems if you try and install it on another drive as you might do with other VST instrument content.

____

As for the update, it's pretty cool and with some really nice workflow enhancements that really make a difference, and of which provide much parity with other VST instruments I use like Hive 2.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Thanks for the help, INTRANCER. That was the first thing I checked :-) My factory content is still activated. And, I bought Rapid when it was first released, so it's not a new install. This issue is new (to me) for 1.8.5, it has not happened for me prior to this version.

I will play around some more today to see if I can find some exact steps to reproduce the issue.

EDIT: as I indicated in my updated previous post, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, nor has it happened again, despite trying. So, that's good news.

This company is peculiar. I have sent them 2 emails since Friday. Not a single one has been answered.
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

Awesome, thanks Rene and Mirko, have some nice Christmas holidays!
Best
YY

Good update.
A few posts ago I was complaining about the chorus. Now its top notch.
Just the phaser and flanger and this Synth will have real potential.
Have a Commercial plugin you are bored with? Donate it to me and receive a signed copy of our debut album. PM with details.

I bought Rapid today. It's a lovely synth, I just want one feature ASAP. Right click knobs -> LOCK! God damn, is this only synth in 2020 which doesn't have this feature? It's super annoying to try to browser presets and do things like, disable fx's, set up ADSR's, filter cut off's and so on. Then you just change preset and everything get reset all the time. PLEASE ADD IT to next update. THANK YOU!

Is anyone else unable to drag audio files into the oscillators in 1.8.5.12? I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I am using FL Studio 20.8 on Windows 10.

RedCyan wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:21 am Is anyone else unable to drag audio files into the oscillators in 1.8.5.12? I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I am using FL Studio 20.8 on Windows 10.
Same here, latest FL.

Could it ever do that? i thought you have to import it into its database then use it rather than drag and drop.
(I too wish it would drag and drop..... if i am doing something for a specific project I don't necessarily want to go thru that or have it permanently in my user library.)
rsp
sound sculptist

RedCyan wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:21 am Is anyone else unable to drag audio files into the oscillators in 1.8.5.12? I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I am using FL Studio 20.8 on Windows 10.
There is no drag´n drop method for Rapid atm!

You have to make your own user library and import the samples from there by:
- clicking on the name of the waveform of one osc
- go down on this page and click on "Library" and choose "New"
- Click on the name of the new library
- you get an empty page with some options on the top of the GUI...

After importing the imported samples are available in the Oscs...

Trancit wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:53 am
There is no drag´n drop method for Rapid atm!

You have to make your own user library and import the samples from there by:
- clicking on the name of the waveform of one osc
- go down on this page and click on "Library" and choose "New"
- Click on the name of the new library
- you get an empty page with some options on the top of the GUI...

After importing the imported samples are available in the Oscs...
Yes, these are the steps to create a user library. But after that drag and drop gets enabled and you can drop samples directly onto the display. It will then redirect you to the import page.

1. Drag Sample onto Display -> Import Tab will open.
2. Choose the import method -> Options tab (naming, category and so) will open.
3. Click on Import.

BTW, supported import formats are WAV and AIFF.

I know, it's 2 additional clicks at the moment. 1.9.0 will offer quick import, where it will load samples in a temporary library.

Return to “Instruments”