Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

Any users here? How is it CPU hungry compared to Synthmaster One, Hive or some other synths? I don't have access to my PC.
yzcoruhT

I'll have a look later, when I get home from work, but I'm pretty sure it's easy on CPU.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

U-o wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:48 am Any users here? How is it CPU hungry compared to Synthmaster One, Hive or some other synths? I don't have access to my PC.
We did an One Synth Challenge with the free Version a few months ago. Sure the free version is less CPU hungry than the full version, but I think it is an indicator ... and there were never any complaints from participants about running out of CPU.
Chcek the results here: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/osc-137-hy-poly-free

Cool! Hy poly free

U-o wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:48 amAny users here? How is it CPU hungry compared to Synthmaster One, Hive or some other synths? I don't have access to my PC.
Sorry this took a couple of days but here's what I get in Studio One, playing a four note chord with an ambient pad sound in each instrument -

SynthMaster One - 7%
Viper - 8%
HY-Poly - 9%
Hive - 20%

Because Hive was so much higher, I tried a few different presets but I couldn't get it under about 12%. Then I thought it wouldn't be fair if I didn't try multiple presets on the others and what I found was that SynthMaster One never got over 10% and was often sitting around 3%, where the others all varied between 8% and 12%. Viper was consistently a little lower than HY-Poly and Hive was consistently higher than all of them. Hope that is of some use to you.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:45 am
U-o wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:48 amAny users here? How is it CPU hungry compared to Synthmaster One, Hive or some other synths? I don't have access to my PC.
Sorry this took a couple of days but here's what I get in Studio One, playing a four note chord with an ambient pad sound in each instrument -

SynthMaster One - 7%
Viper - 8%
HY-Poly - 9%
Hive - 20%

Because Hive was so much higher, I tried a few different presets but I couldn't get it under about 12%. Then I thought it wouldn't be fair if I didn't try multiple presets on the others and what I found was that SynthMaster One never got over 10% and was often sitting around 3%, where the others all varied between 8% and 12%. Viper was consistently a little lower than HY-Poly and Hive was consistently higher than all of them. Hope that is of some use to you.
Thanks for testing these, much appreciated.

Nice digital sounding synth, tested it today for the first time.

I wish, all parameter values would be visible.....

Why? Do you patch a synth with numbers or with your ears?

Rastkovic wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:17 am Nice digital sounding synth, tested it today for the first time.

I wish, all parameter values would be visible.....
Yes that would be helpful. :tu:

Why would it?

theorize wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 am I love the new version and his take on PD is very good! Also happen to think all the new color schemes look good too.
I like the dark grey and blue colours. Looks great. :tu:

can we bump this thing to 4* oversampling? I'm assuming you kept 2* because of the fx section, understandable, but i'm not using on board fx and 2* is starting to get on my nerves. I know this thing would sound like liquid butter at 4*. just asking.

Maybe a button that would double the oversampling would work for everyone?

It works for me as is. I think you only hear something because you know what the oversampling is.

shame to hide these algorithms behind 2*.

Return to “Instruments”