Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

musicdoc wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:15 am Without replying to you in a facetious tone, the problem is not just the gear but certain functions that give you the pop up. There is no way to know what these functions are until you press them. It’s quite a nonsensible way of doing things. I wonder if you have actually used the CS version?

Imagine having a menu of stuff say in Cubase and some of the items beg you to upgrade and there is no way to know short of trial and error.
I don't understand what you are complaining about. This is how IKM software works. This is how Tracks 5 works. and how AT 4 worked. IKM implemented the filter button in AT 5 which is a step in right direction. But you still occasionally get the pop up.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm IKM implemented the filter button in AT 5 which is a step in right direction.
This is true.

What is it that made them, you know, do it differently this time around?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

telecode wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm
musicdoc wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:15 am Without replying to you in a facetious tone, the problem is not just the gear but certain functions that give you the pop up. There is no way to know what these functions are until you press them. It’s quite a nonsensible way of doing things. I wonder if you have actually used the CS version?

Imagine having a menu of stuff say in Cubase and some of the items beg you to upgrade and there is no way to know short of trial and error.
I don't understand what you are complaining about. This is how IKM software works. This is how Tracks 5 works. and how AT 4 worked. IKM implemented the filter button in AT 5 which is a step in right direction. But you still occasionally get the pop up.
It's not about the gear you can indeed filter out, it's about the features and buttons on the GUI that are always there, look like they do something, only for you to click on them and have an annoying nag screen pop up. I don't recall IK ever doing that in the past. From what I always remember, they never gave you the option or showed you the "full version" features you couldn't use. They used to show you the gear you couldn't use and fixed that, but then did the exact opposite with things like the splitter feature and the VIR button always being there. Hiding these features would've been better but they intentionally left them exposed and created an annoying nag screen instead.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:48 pm
telecode wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm

It's not about the gear you can indeed filter out, it's about the features and buttons on the GUI that are always there, look like they do something, only for you to click on them and have an annoying nag screen pop up. I don't recall IK ever doing that in the past. From what I always remember, they never gave you the option or showed you the "full version" features you couldn't use. They used to show you the gear you couldn't use and fixed that, but then did the exact opposite with things like the splitter feature and the VIR button always being there. Hiding these features would've been better but they intentionally left them exposed and created an annoying nag screen instead.
IME in that has always been in IKM software. you click on presets only to find out that it has mics or effects you don't own and you get a pop up. I tend to just use my own presets in AT to get around it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:33 pm IME in that has always been in IKM software. you click on presets only to find out that it has mics or effects you don't own and you get a pop up. I tend to just use my own presets in AT to get around it.
Sorry for the all caps I'm about to go into but you keep missing this point: WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT GEAR!!! We're talking about features.

In prior versions of IK products, they didn't show you things like GUI resizing and oversampling options, let you click them, then throw up a nag screen about you not owning them. That's new. In the past, they just hid that stuff in the CS version so you just never saw it.

In the past, they DID show you gear you didn't own. No one's disputing that. They fixed that by allowing you to hide gear.

So they solved one nuisance and replaced it with a completely new one.

And if you skipped the CS version and bought SE or the full Amplitube you're probably not even aware of how this works, and it's understandable that you'd think this was the same as it's always been. I tried out CS before I upgraded to SE and I can tell you, this is annoying as f*ck and something new for IK. And not in a good way.

werd.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

One reason that I think some of us are not rushing beyond the cs version is because we already have a bunch of the add on bundles as well as many other sims to choose from.

So adding another bunch of amps and fx to learn is more of a chore than using our existing IK collection, much of which got updated by AT5 anyways.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

musicdoc wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:01 pm One reason that I think some of us are not rushing beyond the cs version is because we already have a bunch of the add on bundles as well as many other sims to choose from.

So adding another bunch of amps and fx to learn is more of a chore than using our existing IK collection, much of which got updated by AT5 anyways.
Which makes sense. I upgraded to SE for about $70 with Jam Points and I still go back and forth on whether it was worth it. I didn't really get much other than the VIR (the cabs in the CS sound very good and have a lot of flexibility already) and maybe the IR Cabinet Loader? Not to mention the nag screen going away.

I'd like to see the Furman PQ-3 and MXR Flanger/Doubler 126 as proper rack effects in AmpliTube, as they should be. That was a weird decision by IK to make them stomp boxes.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Click on inserts should have presets for racks. That would be helpful

There should be a rack version of the EP Tape Echo. There is one in MixBox.

And there should also be a rack version of Ampless, since it should only ever be used as a DI insert, which are rack effects.

True dat

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:13 pm There should be a rack version of the EP Tape Echo. There is one in MixBox.

And there should also be a rack version of Ampless, since it should only ever be used as a DI insert, which are rack effects.
Good suggestions. I love that EP Tape Echo. The Ampless is based on a pedal, technically, but I see your point there.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:05 pm
jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:13 pm There should be a rack version of the EP Tape Echo. There is one in MixBox.

Good suggestions. I love that EP Tape Echo. The Ampless is based on a pedal, technically, but I see your point there.
There should be a rack-based GUI for each stomp that you get when you load the stomp in the rack, which would give you immediate access to the knobs, instead of the awkward cryogenic chambers the stomps are currently encased in. Same for rack effects loaded as stomps.

Return to “Effects”