ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

discogsaddict wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:22 pm So I've read through quite alot of this but unsure what the latest is with Nexus 3..
Have all the bugs people mention earlier, been sorted out now? It also concerns me when it comes to being compatible with old projects.

Also am I right in thinking Nexus 2 is gone once upgraded? I would have preferred to have nexus 2 stay and nexus 3 be new for projects since this point.. like how fabfilter and d16 do
I don't have any compatibility issues. It should be fixed.

You will still have the Nexus 2 license on your eLicenser, so if you want you can rename the .dll of your current Nexus to Nexus 2.dll for example, and you will then be able to load both.
Or even better, rename the new Nexus to Nexus 3, then all old projects will still load the old Nexus plugin.

Just make sure to backup your current Nexus.dll or rename it before installing Nexus 3, or else it will overwrite it, and it will be lost.
Last edited by Kalonai on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oops double post.

Not all DAW's look at the plugin name. Some look only at the plugin ID and nexus 2 and 3 have the same plugin id.

rsp
sound sculptist

Works fine for me on Windows in Ableton Live, Studio One and FL Studio. Don't know for other DAW's or MacOS. I even think you change the plugin ID if you really want.

Doesn't work For Cubendo on Mac or PC for sure.. Surprised it does on Studio One.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks for clearing that up. Shame because I'm a Cubase user mostly.

I'm not totally against losing nexus 2, just would have been nicer to keep it. I've grown quite attached to that gui over the past 10+ years

I'm almost sure it's possible somehow, but I can't really be bothered to install Cubase myself and try.

But anyway, Nexus 3 is backwards compatible and should work for your older projects. You can always make sure you have a backup of your old Nexus plugin, just in case.

You'll get used to the new GUI. I personally love it.

Unless you hack into the plugin (or Cubendo itself), you can't do it in Cubendo. It ignores the plugin name in preference to the plugin ID. I know this with 99.99% certainty.
rsp
sound sculptist

Really important feature request! :D

It seems not possible to modulate the center frequency of the Phaser FX without its LFO (depth 0)?The LFO runs free, so evertime I stop and start the sequencer again, the LFO changes its startpoint. But I want to draw my own and controllable curve in my DAW?

Kalonai wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:56 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:22 pm So I've read through quite alot of this but unsure what the latest is with Nexus 3..
Have all the bugs people mention earlier, been sorted out now? It also concerns me when it comes to being compatible with old projects.

Also am I right in thinking Nexus 2 is gone once upgraded? I would have preferred to have nexus 2 stay and nexus 3 be new for projects since this point.. like how fabfilter and d16 do
I don't have any compatibility issues. It should be fixed.

You will still have the Nexus 2 license on your eLicenser, so if you want you can rename the .dll of your current Nexus to Nexus 2.dll for example, and you will then be able to load both.
Or even better, rename the new Nexus to Nexus 3, then all old projects will still load the old Nexus plugin.

Just make sure to backup your current Nexus.dll or rename it before installing Nexus 3, or else it will overwrite it, and it will be lost.
Since it updated to refx cloud I haven't seen where the installer files go, so unsure about backing up. A good idea though

I decided to go for it while the sale is still on and without doing anything I still have nexus 2 and 3 both working alongside each other. In cubase 11 I see 2 copies of nexus, vst 3 loads n3 and vst 2 loads n2.
Not sure if that was supposed to happen though

You know after giving Nexus 3 a good test out today I have to say I'm loving the new browser and dont actually miss the old nexus 2 at all.
Being able to go deeper into the arp and seq presets is great.

I just thought I would leave something here in case other users are unsure about upgrading (like I was)

I've also seen that I can get a free expansion for allowing them to remove nexus 2 from the dongle. Since it also has cubase on I have no intention of selling. So this seems a very good deal to say the upgrade wasn't much more than the price of an expansion.
Only problem now is deciding which to choose

It also means though, if your N3 license is revoked for whatever reason, you wouldn't be open your older projects with N2.
rsp
sound sculptist

What are the best expansions to pick up during this sale?

tdm71 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:46 pm What are the best expansions to pick up during this sale?
Personal to taste, but I found the techno expansion to be quite good.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:45 pm It also means though, if your N3 license is revoked for whatever reason, you wouldn't be open your older projects with N2.
rsp
Have they revoked many peoples licences? I cant think of any reason why that would happen to me

Return to “Instruments”