Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

getdunne wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:43 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:54 pm As an interim measure could you maybe create a visible lock at the global and layer levels which when on means you can't load in a whole new overall preset or delete an existing layer, only add new ones or update ones that aren't also locked?
That's a terrific idea, thank you. I'll look into this.

Its a monumental idea Shane !! Hopefully you could add it, the programming part of it seems very simply, thanks!!

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:54 pm As an interim measure could you maybe create a visible lock at the global and layer levels which when on means you can't load in a whole new overall preset or delete an existing layer, only add new ones or update ones that aren't also locked?

Its a monumental idea Shane !! Hopefully you could add it, the programming part of it seems very simply, thanks!!

Its a monumental idea Shane !! Hopefully Shane could add it, the programming part of it seems very simply, thanks!! :clap:

Funny, i bought that Zampler 77 pack a few days ago, immediately trying it out in Unify. Made me think that Zampler would be an awesome addition for Unify. And now i get a mail from PluginGuru talking about it :)

What are the downsides to just using Zampler, in stead of Guru sampler ? Is it about compatibility or sound quality ? Because i can see transferring all those Zampler sfz's into Guru sampler being a monster task...
More BPM please

I can imagine guru sampler is more light weight. Hopefully Shane will pick up Vital soon!

dionenoid wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:49 pm What are the downsides to just using Zampler, in stead of Guru sampler ? Is it about compatibility or sound quality ? Because i can see transferring all those Zampler sfz's into Guru sampler being a monster task...
I first tested using an older version of Zampler, which had some nasty problems like clicking when notes were retriggered, so I wanted to compare with loading the same samples into Guru Sampler. The latest Zampler/RX 2.5, however, seems to work very nicely indeed, so there may be no reason to use Guru Sampler at all.

Hopefully there will be no need to change the Zampler SFZs for Guru Sampler. I made a small code change, and now Guru Sampler can read them all, but it's not picking up the sample loop start/end points yet because they're in the WAVs, not the SFZ as usual. It's not quite trivial because several of the WAVs seem to use an odd format variation, which trips up the metadata-parsing code. I'm sure I'll figure it out. In the meantime, Guru Sampler plays all the sounds but only as one-shots.

C-quence wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:58 pm I can imagine guru sampler is more light weight. Hopefully Shane will pick up Vital soon!
Vital looks quite nice, but as far as I can see it's not available for another three days at least. I'll get it when it comes out on the 24th.

very slightly OT, but humour me

keep seeing the name "Lehmkuhl"

in my head, Alchemy keeps coming up, from v1 (poss beta)

was he/you (if you're here) involved, maybe presets?

just curious

AnX wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 pm keep seeing the name "Lehmkuhl"
See John's "about" page: https://www.pluginguru.com/about/. He mentions "Camel Audio Alchemy (beta testing, factory and patch bank voicing)" among his past projects.

getdunne wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:25 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 pm keep seeing the name "Lehmkuhl"
See John's "about" page: https://www.pluginguru.com/about/. He mentions "Camel Audio Alchemy (beta testing, factory and patch bank voicing)" among his past projects.
ah, thanks, I thought it was familiar (at my age the memory isn't what it used to be :hihi:)

Just to let you know, all our Unify sample libraries Synth Motions Vol.1 and Synth Motions Drum Edition are on sale...

www.particular-sound.de
PS_BlackFridayAni_900x400.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

John gives tips on new FREE synth Vital:

https://youtu.be/YDsWA4Zyu9I?t=2247

Posting this up here too because I know Skippy likes to demo good freebies on his stream
This is pretty cool, I'm on the soniccouture mailing list and they've just made a free version of their Hammersmith piano available for Kontakt Player (so you can use the free version) and it's 4.8 GB of plinky plonky goodness
https://www.soniccouture.com/en/product ... mith-free/

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Does this enable you to load and switch between VST presets without opening the VST GUIs? If not, that would be the kind of feature I'd pay for...

euanek wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:45 am Does this enable you to load and switch between VST presets without opening the VST GUIs? If not, that would be the kind of feature I'd pay for...
Yes, you can save presets (and layers of presets) as Unify patches, which very quickly load without opening the GUI. Switching between presets within a VST would require opening the VST, unless the plug-in has been "Unified" (a plug-in's patches are re-created within Unify). A load of Plugin Guru's Omnisphere libraries have been Unified, as well as many plug-ins. This thing recalls super complex patches the fastest of any computer-based instruments I've seen. Perfect for live performing.
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

Return to “Instruments”