Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Trancit wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:33 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:08 am This is where loomer architect really shines as a vst plugin , all the midi mangling tools you ever hoped for .
You can use it as a simple debugger or arp or as complex as you want it to be .
Well worth the investment
While this not really an option as
- you have to put them on seperate tracks
- you can only route it to one single destination
- you cannot easily bounce the result into a new midi clip as you can with native note fx...

In this regard I think nothing can still beat Bitwig... being able to pick up the midi from anywhere in the project and even from a certain point of a complete signal chain is still a killer feature... with the option to turning this via the DC offset into a kind of Control Voltage even more...
This is something other developers should really borrow this idea!!
Stop making things up !
Architect is damn impressive , a fully modular midi environment , as simple or as complex as you want it to be .
You can route it to as many destinations as you want with just one instance of architect , you just ad another midi output bus and select midi to host + midi channel , then select midi channel receiver in stu-1
It can also send cv , just like bitwig.
And yes , you can bounce stuff + it can host vst’s if you want to ( even as a vst)
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

This Architect seems interesting. I think it would make a perfect companion to Reaper especially the two are using LUA script, so maybe (a guess) they could communicate in script level 🤔

Shoot me in the head if I ever have to use a script to produce music. Please.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:29 am Shoot me in the head if I ever have to use a script to produce music. Please.
I don't condone violence, but I'm sure that there quite a few nutters out there who would oblige if you asked them, without you even needing to use a script. :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

They can try but I doubt they have my training so they'd want to make their first shot count.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:08 am They can try but I doubt they have my training so they'd want to make their first shot count.
rhythm gymnastics helps you stay lithe and supple?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

10 years in the infantry made me a dangerous adversary.

Infantry? Kids games, I was involved in adultery.

Thank you for your service. :tu:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:28 am Stop making things up !
Architect is damn impressive , a fully modular midi environment , as simple or as complex as you want it to be .
I am not doubting anything about the capabilities of the plugin...
You can route it to as many destinations as you want with just one instance of architect , you just ad another midi output bus and select midi to host + midi channel , then select midi channel receiver in stu-1
It can also send cv , just like bitwig.
And yes , you can bounce stuff + it can host vst’s if you want to ( even as a vst)
This is too general...

Please tell me exactly how you route in Studio One 1 instance of the plugin to control i.e. a distortion plugin on track 1, a filter on track 2 and a phaser on track 3 at the same time while working with the option "Instrument Input follows selection" enabled...

To my knowledge: You can´t!!
No matter how many channels and output busses the plugin provides, it serves you a shit if the Host doesn´t allow multiple routing to different targets at once...
You can define it as a control surface but this works only as long as midi monitoring is enabled which automatically breaks if you select another track with the mentioned option enabled or the input monitoring gets turned off by other operations!

But please correct me... I haven´t found a way around this but I would be glad if somebody prove me wrong!!

EnGee wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:57 am I think it would make a perfect companion to Reaper especially the two are using LUA script, so maybe (a guess) they could communicate in script level 🤔
It doesn't (well in reality it does, but that's C ABI vs C++ ABI on common OS' only) matter in which language the code is written, but if the APIs of both programs have a way to interface. And they don't, because the API used is that of VST.

Btw, is there a way to extract chords from Chorder?
For example, I've created a 4 notes chord to be played with one key, I play the part with one key and then I want to bounce it into a notes event, showing all 4 notes from the Chorder.
Like this:
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:48 am Btw, is there a way to extract chords from Chorder?
As per page #364 of the manual, select the event(s) with single notes -> right-click -> Instrument Parts -> Render Instrument Tracks

Other than that, you can probably add an empty Instrument Track, set its input to the track where Chorder sits and record into it.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 am As per page #364 of the manual, select the event(s) with single notes -> right-click -> Instrument Parts -> Render Instrument Tracks
Wow, I thought that is rendering it to audio, didn't knew it will do exactly what I wanted. :hyper:

nIGhT-SoN wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:08 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:04 am As per page #364 of the manual, select the event(s) with single notes -> right-click -> Instrument Parts -> Render Instrument Tracks
Wow, I thought that is rendering it to audio, didn't knew it will do exactly what I wanted. :hyper:
No, that's either of the Bounce Selection / Bounce To New Track or Mixdown Selection - the last one makes most sense to me ;)

S1's naming of stuff is often confusing at first although it starts to make sense once you understand the bigger picture, just like my own recent failings to properly understand the underlying idea behind Track Transform or inherent difference between 'track' and 'channel' that manifests when using Export Stems feature.

It doesn't help that User Manual often skips over those or assumes they're given, without mantioning them anywhere. For example, did you know that disabling Solo Safe on FX Channels will remove sends processing from bounces, mixdown or track stems? It kind of makes sense, but I only found out about this via trial & error :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:20 am For example, did you know that disabling Solo Safe on FX Channels will remove sends processing from bounces, mixdown or track stems? It kind of makes sense, but I only found out about this via trial & error :)
Wait, what?! I didn't knew that I was often annoyed by that cause sometimes I want to export stems without sends. :dog:

Btw, I used to transcribe chords by hand before so...
Thank you very much for these tips!

PS. You could make a youtube channel based on things like these. I'm sure not many know about them.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”