Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Here's another big GUI screw-up:

The Brit Silver amp's "rhythm clip" & "channel" knobs are reversed: Pulling INPUT GAIN turns rhythm clip off, and pulling OUTPUT MASTER switches to the clean channel. Behaviour should be opposite.

And while we're talking about the Brit Silver Jubilee (which is excellent), why is the JCM Slash model so much quieter and underpowered compared to it at identical settings in AmpliTube? They're the same amp with identical topology, so they should sound very close, not worlds apart, as they do. It's like the JCM Slash model is missing an entire gain stage.

I really think there is a bug in the JCM Slash code somewhere that needs to be fixed.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I tested different Leslie amps and I barely ear a "modulation" while it was clearly audible with AT4. Is it me or there's a problem somewhere?

tappert wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 pm I tested different Leslie amps and I barely ear a "modulation" while it was clearly audible with AT4. Is it me or there's a problem somewhere?
what setting are you trying exactly? I use Leslie a lot and can check on my setup.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

jamcat wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:34 am I really think there is a bug in the JCM Slash code somewhere that needs to be fixed.
Good luck with that! IK has been aware of this problem for a long time. It started after AmplitTube 3 v3.14; which is why I still have that version installed. The other amp that got the life sucked out of it is the Orange Thunderverb 200. Two amps that were less affected were the Orange AD-200 and the Orange OR50.

As long as we're talking about bugs; if you use a MIDI Expression Pedal the Fender Fuzz Wah has its range reversed! Press down on the Expression Pedal and the Fuzz Wah pedal goes up. All the other Wah pedals work the way they should. This problem only exists in AmpliTube 5; AmpliTube 3 and AmpliTube 4 don't have this feature :roll: .

Yeah, a lot of controls seem to work backwards in AmpliTube 5. I think they must have hired a dyslexic programmer.

They told him, “We’ll pay you 10.99$ an hour,” and he said, “I’ll take it!”

Glad you guys are beta testing this.

Someone has to.

but does support team even care at this point? if Slash JCM issue lingers from Amplitube 3.15 no less, and still isn't fixed after two major Amplitube upgrades. you'd think after two major version upgrades they'd start to pay attention.

I'm sure it was reported quite a few times, no flying pig's tale given, obviously. they either can't or won't fix certain things. either way they need a good whooping. also the guy responsible for QC. some updates that break things that were working fine previously, should not be allowed for rollout. someone should be responsible for this.

What's funny is that they even updated Slash; according to IK:

What’s new in AmpliTube Slash v1.5
This latest update to AmpliTube Slash offers new refinements to the AFD 100 and JCM Slash amp models, fine-tuning these in collaboration with Slash for a new level of realism.

So they totally ignored the dozens of comments from their users who reported this problem when Amplitube 3 v3.15 came out. I would have to guess either Slash has a really wimpy Marshall JCM Slash head or IK just can't model worth a hill of beans!

Perhaps, they can't upgrade the old stuff to Mesa Boogie Collection and later gear standard. Might be too late at this point. They probably swept all the old models under the rug and moved on.

IK has a terrible track record at fixing functional issues like this once a product has gone live. In my opinion, I'd rate them very poorly when it comes to bug fixes and implementing customer requested enhancements. Case in point: the Tape Machine Collection. Delay compensation doesn't work in Pro Tools, the Tape 80 has a distortion glitch in the left channel with a 30 IPS tape speed, and people have been begging them for input/output ganging. None of that's been fixed or implemented. Issues reported over a year ago. Since then, they've put out MixBox, AT5, and probably a number of other products.

Everything about IK's operation is about drawing in new customers. Hence why everything has a "crossgrade" price versus an upgrade price for existing users. Hence all the Group Buys. And they've got a huge catalog of products to support, with new products constantly in development. Are they gonna go back and fix some bugs on products they've already sold to people? In my opinion, they've made it clear that's not their priority. Look at their release notes, they always say something like "1) added new products, 2) general stability and reliability improvements." It's rare that you see something specific and detailed like, "fixed that PDC bug in Pro Tools" or "implemented input/output gain linking." But if enough people complain about blurry graphics, they'll eventually sort that type of thing out.

If you're really banking on them fixing some of these little functional issues like inverted graphics/controls, I'd personally advise you not to hold your breath. Just my opinion based on what I've seen with IK.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:14 pm If you're really banking on them fixing some of these little functional issues like inverted graphics/controls, I'd personally advise you not to hold your breath.
They fixed a bunch of those types of graphics issues in the last update, actually. It's the more systemic problems that I'm worried about not getting fixed, for the reasons you mentioned.

The attitude is, "So, the Marshall JCM Slash is broken? Here's a new Silver Jubilee model you can buy instead." It really disrespects their brand partners Slash and Marshall, short-changes their royalties by redirecting sales to the unbranded Brit Silver, and puts both in a bad light since their names are on the product. It sucks, but it is what it is.

It's true that Marshall should be bothered, Slash should be bothered, IKM should be bothered, but you know what? After they all took their paychecks, no one cares about anything. Once it's sold, it's sold, money's in the pocket, good riddance.

minkray wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:43 pm It's true that Marshall should be bothered, Slash should be bothered, IKM should be bothered, but you know what? After they all took their paychecks, no one cares about anything. Once it's sold, it's sold, money's in the pocket, good riddance.
You may notice that Marshall hasn't let IK put their name on anything since AmpliTube Slash, and instead went with Softube. So maybe they were bothered after all.

That's actually correct. And I hope them Swedes port Tweed '55 to desktop as well.

I think, between Brainworx and Softube amps ported from UAD, that's the only one left. It's a great little amp.

Return to “Effects”