Rapidcomposer hissing every few seconds

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My copy of Rapidcomposer (latest update of full version, licensed, activated) is hissing every three seconds or so, a kind of white noise. I am wondering whether it is some sort of copy protection, but if so I don't know why it's doing it because my installation is licensed. I tried deactivating and reactivating with my licence key but that didn't help. Can't find anything on the forum about this.

Any ideas anyone?

Peter

UPDATE: closed and reopened it and it's ok now!

I forget which one it was, but, there is a VST that when in demo mode, it hisses like that. Once you buy it, it stops..

It could have been an audio issue, RC should not be hissing.
When there was no previous selection, RC sometimes selects the wrong audio device at the first run.
If you hold down the Alt key during startup, no audio interface is accessed, so you can set up the audio under the Settings / Audio tab.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I just got the software within the last couple of days, and I've experienced the problem. It was working fine, until I decided to test out the Instrument preview. I'm assuming it had to be one of the plugins that I added and was previewing in the browser. I never loaded anything to a track.

Hi Topcheese,

did you figure out what caused the hisses? Was it one of the plug-ins loaded?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello Attila, I didn't see a message notification, sorry about the delay. Yes, it was caused by a plugin that was being previewed through the Inst browser. I just have to find and import the license key again for the plugin. It was weird that I couldn't stop it, but then again I probably still had the preview enabled and it still selected.
Thanks for the fast response and the excellent software. I'm really looking forward to putting your program to the test. I really suck at music, but perhaps I can get really good at this and finally get somewhere.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”