Native Instruments and slow loading..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Maschine, Battery, Kontakt, Komplete Control, Reaktor all taking almost half a minute to instantiate.
What is the reason behind this? Will it ever get faster?

what OS/DAW?

have had problems with NI plugins all loading slowly in the past, too (Windows 10/Ableton)

i'd make myself a meal while waiting to load a project with even one NI plugin in it

things that helped me:

- moving content onto an SSD drive
- windows defender exceptions (especially for 3rd-party kontakt libraries)
- full reformat and re-install

in the end, it was the full reformat (at the OS-level) and re-install that fixed it for me

but also things for each individual plugin, like turning off "database hit count" (or something like that - will turn up in a search for slow loading)

You could also try turning off usage data tracking and see if it helps.

That said, depending on number of NI related products you have installed, loading Komplete Kontrol can be a bit longer (but they do have background database scanning/library updating going on now).

octaveup wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am what OS/DAW?
Yeah, that's the essential piece of info that is missing.

Half a minute sounds too long IMO -- unless you are loading them first time. In addition to other suggestions on here, you could also try moving/removing some 3rd party VSTs. I recall I had some freebies from PB I had installed that slowed Kontakt loading significantly. I removed it as I never even used it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

andypryce wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 am Hi,
Maschine, Battery, Kontakt, Komplete Control, Reaktor all taking almost half a minute to instantiate.
What is the reason behind this? Will it ever get faster?
Had the same problem on MacOS. It got to the point where instatiating an NI plugin took 2 minutes. Switching to Windows solved this.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions,

Mac Mojave.
Cubase, Live.
All libraries on external SSD.
It is the first instance that loads really slow. A second instance of the same plugin loads normal like any other plugin except Maschine which is not as long as the first instance but not instant either.
As I understand these plugins do a library check with the first instance which takes time and there is no way to turn that off?

Spent two years researching that problem. No solution. Once you get beyong a certain number of NI products, they become unusable on a Mac. Seems to be a license scan on first instantiation.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I have the same problem on OSX 10.13.6
takes 2 minutes to open Maschine AAX in ProTools (2020.12 latest)
@mgw38
is there a way to delete/unregister some old librarys from the system?
is there a system file where thoses lybraries are listed?

i use NO NI products and my EXT2 projects load lighting fast
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

mgw38 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm Spent two years researching that problem. No solution. Once you get beyong a certain number of NI products, they become unusable on a Mac. Seems to be a license scan on first instantiation.
its elementary. newer software, more code, more bloat, slower more sluggish daw performance :idea:

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 am
mgw38 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 pm Spent two years researching that problem. No solution. Once you get beyong a certain number of NI products, they become unusable on a Mac. Seems to be a license scan on first instantiation.
its elementary. newer software, more code, more bloat, slower more sluggish daw performance :idea:
I think not :dog:
Last edited by Kinh on Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

like you said, it's most likely a native access issue. This software is notorious for these sorts of issues. My NI products dont launch at all if the internet is on because I changed providers and there's no solution to that problem either. I would recommend disconnecting and seeing if there's a difference

Kinh wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 am
layzer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 am
I think not :dog:
dont matter what you think, a fat lady is going to run slower than a thin one.

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:02 am i use NO NI products and my EXT2 projects load lighting fast
If you don’t own any NI products, why you are attempting to derail this thread?
On a number of Macs

Return to “Instruments”