Steinberg Retrologue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark Retrologue

Do you use Asio4All? What if you use for example another driver like built-in WASAPI or WDM (Windows)?

Not going to start a new thread to ask this question and the thought of reading through the entire thread is not exactly appealing.

So ... without further ado.

I wrote to Steinberg a while back but my support ticket has not been looked at.

Every time I load Retrologue 2 into one of my projects in Ableton Live 10 it causes technical errors for Ableton Live.
For example: trying to delete a file within a project (.als or wav) results in the following message: the action can't be completed because the file is open in protected object server].

If I close Live it says: A serious program error has occurred. Live will shut down after this message box is closed...

If I restart my computer and delete all SETS with Retrologue 2 in them, everything works as normal. No problems deleting files and no errors when closing Live.

I use a hardware dongle.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Steinberg often take several weeks to respond to support requests... not cool, but, your safest bet, I guess. Seems like a pretty technical thing which only Steinberg can fix.

The Steinberg Forum gets me to support more quickly, also they are very responsive to the phone number for support in the US.

Thanks chk071 and simmo75.

Their forum is kind of dead, too.

That company is too big to care.

I guess I've been blessed for the most part concerning their support. Firstly by needing it so rarely, and secondly having responses within a day or two and usually a resolution then or a couple of days close to that.
And all done by email.
I have had a long relationship with them and even gave up on them for a bit because I was done with dongles.
Later I realised I had dismissed them during an awakening to iLok company deceit. I've also come to understand they never answer a pre-sale question either. This is where one forum or another comes in. Everything else seems to get fixed on its own in timely updates. I know that probably has little to do with the OP, but it seems where the thread is now.

Finally got an answer from Steinberg.

According to a link provided by Steinberg, I wasn't alone with this issue.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/got-retr ... elp/160077

Got Retrologue after trying demo, full version crashing Ableton. Please help.
From Steinberg:
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Steinberg Support! I apologize for the delayed reply due to the recent high amount of support requests. Please excuse the inconvenience!

The eLicenser Control Center had some bugs that prevented the instruments from loading in 3rd party hosts.
With the current eLicenser Control Center, the problem should not appear anymore.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/got-retr ... elp/160077

Please uninstall the eLicenser Control Center using the Windows routines (Control Panel > Programs and Features) and reinstall it using the latest available version you can download from here: https://www.steinberg.net/de/company/te ... enser.html

Alternatively, you can also start the existing eLicenser Control Center installation as an administrator by right-clicking the 'eLCC.exe' file in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\eLCC' and choosing 'Run as administrator' from the contextual menu. Afterwards, running the 'Maintenance' in the eLicenser Control Center fixes the deactivated Soft-eLicenser.

For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Looking forward to trying this out. Thought I'd post here in case it helps someone else.

Ah... the notorious missing soft eLicenser after Windows 10 updates. I also had that 2 or 3 times now.

Wonder how that leads to crashes though. It should rather lead to a message that there was no license found. Unless I miss something here.

No idea ... and I have no idea what is keeping Steinberg support so busy. :)

Anyway, I hope it's all sorted now.

They probably were a bit short on support workers for some time, and collected a lot of support ticket, which they have a hard time working off now... at least that's the only way I can explain 4 weeks of reply time.

Thanks Aloysius for posting that info, :tu:

Seems to be working good now at this end.

I still hope they will add a second auxiliary envelope, I have already asked for it on their forum, but I don't get the impression that they pay any attention to that forum...

But soundwise I like it a lot, even the resonance is musical, not extreme like in Sylenth1, but pleasant and without loss of volume (you hear me Bones?) :hihi:

I was just playing around for 2 hours, made a few patches on the fly, like this pad, not bad for one oscillator, thanks to the built-in effects:

https://app.box.com/s/n4yji61ffvxpk9i050cpr2pyev5k7d0z

There is a new update (2.2.50) with several bug fixes...

Return to “Instruments”