BCR2000 USB Problem!!!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i have a Bcr2000

When I turn on the device, "load" text appears on the screen and only "store" and "learn" button lights are on also buttons do not work on the device.

And then i connect the device to the computer via usb but the computer does not respond at all. When I try to install the Behringer usb driver, it gives an error because it cannot see the device.

I want to use this device as a mixer, midi controller, etc. in music softwares.

Please help me.

Edit: Key to button
Last edited by sonic10 on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Are you sure you have a BCR2000? it has no keys.

sonic10 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 pm Hi, i have a Bcr2000

When I turn on the device, "load" text appears on the screen and only "store" and "learn" button lights are on also keys do not work on the device.

Please help me.
BCR 2000 has no keys ... only buttons and rotary controllers.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm
sonic10 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:43 pm Hi, i have a Bcr2000

When I turn on the device, "load" text appears on the screen and only "store" and "learn" button lights are on also keys do not work on the device.

Please help me.
BCR 2000 has no keys ... only buttons and rotary controllers.
The meaning of key is button. Sorry my english.

Known issue. You need to get another USB 3.0 pcie controller since not all motherboard chipsets will work with bcf2000.

USB 3.0 PCIe cards cheap though..

cnt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:31 pm Known issue. You need to get another USB 3.0 pcie controller since not all motherboard chipsets will work with bcf2000.

USB 3.0 PCIe cards cheap though..
Can i connect it to a computer with a midi to usb cable and use it as a usb?

You could try, but you will still need to set it up inside the "music software" you mentioned. Same with a USB only connection. It might help if you can provide more information about what software you want to control and exactly what you've actually tried so far. You can't just plug it in and expect it to work.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:46 pm You could try, but you will still need to set it up inside the "music software" you mentioned. Same with a USB only connection. It might help if you can provide more information about what software you want to control and exactly what you've actually tried so far. You can't just plug it in and expect it to work.
I want to use this device as a midi controller on Ableton and FL Studio programs. Until now, I connected it to the computer with a usb cable, but neither the device nor the computer got any response. There is "Load" text on the device screen and only Store and Learn buttons are lit.

I bought a midi to usb cable, when it comes, I'll reconnect it to the computer, but I don't know the result.
And I want to specify one more thing, the USB port of the device is not durable, so it moves loosely to the right and left, I wonder if this could have an effect.

This thing is not manufactured for some years now. How long do you have it? Did it ever work before to your knowledge?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:06 pm This thing is not manufactured for some years now. How long do you have it? Did it ever work before to your knowledge?
I took it from a friend and he said the device is working normally, he already sent me the working photos of the device (i added photo here) but maybe he was using the midi port. I'm not sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:46 pm It might help if you can provide more information about what software you want to control and exactly what you've actually tried so far. You can't just plug it in and expect it to work.
sonic10 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:57 pm I want to use this device as a midi controller on Ableton and FL Studio programs. Until now, I connected it to the computer with a usb cable, but neither the device nor the computer got any response.
If you want the BCR to work in Live you need to connect to your computer, then go to Live preferences and select it as a control surface from the drop down list. You have to connect the BCR before starting Live. It won't work otherwise. Have you tried that?
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

double

The BCR2000 comes with a USB, MIDI IN, MIDI OUT A and MIDI OUT B/THRU ports.

The “Operating Modes” section of the BCR2000 manual discusses all the different methods of configuring the data communications to the unit, and how data flows to/from the unit on those ports.

The communication mode of the BCR2000 is set as a global setting in the unit. To adjust this setting, power up the BCR2000.

Hold the EDIT key, and press the STORE key.

The display will change to show “EG” - indicating that you are in the “Edit Global” setup mode. The EDIT and STORE keys can now be released (their LEDs will remain illuminated.)

Turn the knob in the top left corner of the BCR2000 to choose the mode you need, can't remember all of them. One of my BCRs stopped working in USB mode so it can be you need to use MIDI instead.

Once the setting is made, you can exit the global setup mode by pressing the “EXIT” key. The display of the BCR should return to normal.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:44 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:46 pm It might help if you can provide more information about what software you want to control and exactly what you've actually tried so far. You can't just plug it in and expect it to work.
sonic10 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:57 pm I want to use this device as a midi controller on Ableton and FL Studio programs. Until now, I connected it to the computer with a usb cable, but neither the device nor the computer got any response.
If you want the BCR to work in Live you need to connect to your computer, then go to Live preferences and select it as a control surface from the drop down list. You have to connect the BCR before starting Live. It won't work otherwise. Have you tried that?
I got the midi to usb cable today and tried.
Only once the mode changed and all the lights turned on, then the device switched load mode again.
Now, computer and music softwares dedect the device as "USB 2.0 MIDI" but no function is working and the device still has a load screen.

1. Did you select the device as a control surface in Live midi preferences?
2. Did you read the post by michat above your last post?
3. Have you read the manual?
https://www.manualslib.com/products/beh ... 70128.html

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”