Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:52 pm Incredible synth cave! How do you even have time to visit all that gear :D
The key is not trying to use all of it, all of the time. :lol:
I try to focus on one or two things at a time. I might build a whole track with the Octatrack and A4 but then later replace parts with other bits. Or I might spend a whole day recording noise boxes through pedals (guitars count as noise boxes right?), without interfacing with MIDI at all, then chop those recordings into sample food for the Quantum, OT, Kronos or Morphagene.

It's nice to have a lot of options especially when I know that a specific piece of gear will get me the desired result quicker, than others with similar features... however, I learned long ago that trying to get everything to work together at once, is folly. I used to get in this mind set of "...If this one thing doesn't won't talk to this other thing, I can't use anything else until I figure it out." It seems common among people who have TMS disorder (too much stuff). And even when I have everything talking to everything else, that is when option paralyses kicks in for me. I need to start with an idea or a goal and then choose the tool that will get me there.

do the neighbourhood's lights go dim when you power up? :hihi:

:hihi: All of Sunland got a rolling blackout warning, when I powered everything on to take those pictures.

:lol:

saves putting xmas lights up :)

my xmas lights :hihi:
Screenshot_20201103-200840_WhatsApp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:54 pm do the neighbourhood's lights go dim when you power up? :hihi:
And what's the temperature like in that room?! :o
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Pretty nice, now that the temperature is dropping. In the summer, central AC is a blessing.

That's some setup Justin. :tu:

Here's a couple I took today (with nothing switched on) ...

tcc_lockdown_studio_nov_2020.jpg
tcc_guitars_nov_2020_web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My nanostudio, acoustic treatment is WBIP (Wallet Building In Process).

20201110_132802.jpg

bump...
Screenshot_2021-01-16-20-38-22-705~2.jpg

tcc_studio_2021_1.jpg
tcc_studio_2021_2.jpg

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm bump...
pic
Nice! I like the Frac Rack rig. I've been eyeing the BugBrand stuff, a small system
from him is not super costly I think.

@thecontrolcentre, snazzy desk :tu:

Cheers Pekro. The desk is a cheapo Ikea home office thing. I got it for nothing when my sons neighbour wanted rid of it. :)

dont bump that, the boxes will fall off.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:10 pm
dont bump that, the boxes will fall off.
indeed!
i could do with a perspex step shelf type thing not very sturdy just stacked :?

also need a hook for the eye that's behind the boxes now.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”